Brokehill Quest: Chapter 5

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug hits Ka in the arm and gives him a dirty look. He then pulls out a book from his pack and starts flipping through it.*

*OOG: Using Sagely skills for a clue :-)*
Drake
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Drake »

*Drake readies himself for an attack*

"So this is what we need. Well then lets get it and get out. I don't want to linger here anymore than we have to"

*Drake will use his Rogue skills to find/disarm traps and spot (master level) the outer area of the room*
Captin Of The Azure Shields in the Phoenix Guard
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Yells down to the group*

Do you need Kels and I to come down luvs?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Only if you want to come down and look at a bunch of old rocks.

And no offense Ug, it's just that they are just a wee bit faster at that reading stuff than you.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos steps closer to the oblisics and examies it for traps, spot, magic* If the shades approachs he will back off. trying to find any writting, levers, etc..*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale peers down the hole and charges the largest boom he can while still able to move, "Yep, definatly a bad situation... Course, ya kinda get used to it after a while, and it's not like we didn't know there would be wraith of somekind guarding this place. Besides, his is the sort of thing you find when you start turning over rocks looking for magical evils to eradicate. Take heart Kidwynn. We have good people with us and there is a slight chance some of us will make it out of here alive."

Shale smiles genuinly.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

If that obalisk truely does not belong here in Phantara, and is the source of the wraiths, then perhaps it can be sent back where it belongs.

*Charges Banish spell*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Uh oh...uhmmm...mebbie we shuld find a way out before cauzin trubble.*
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Dallid's Eyes roll into the back of his head once again and he steps past Arthos and approaches the obelisk.

Those still above ground see thousands of darks shades (ghosts) moving swiftly across the clearing towards the tower. There are far too many to fight

In the room below, the ghosts in armour move to stop Dallid but he summons forth energies and destroys the one in front of him. He makes it to the obelisk

Above ground, the shades begin to move through the walls of the tower all around you. Fear wells up inside of you and it takes all of your being not to crumple into a whimpering mass. You are standing back to back preparing to go down with a fight.

Dallid places his hands on the obelisk and he begins to fade. Arthos moves to grab Dallid and knocks him to the ground. Dallid retains his grasp on the obelisk and As he lifts it off of the pedestal the ghosts fade and disappear.

Above ground, the world around you begins to pulsate. One moment you are in the tower facing the shades, in the next you are in the midst of a thunderstorm in the forest. A high pitch squealing sound penetrates your skull. Your head feels as if it is going to burst. Seconds that seem like eons go by as you loose consciousness.

Dallid emerges from his trance holding the obelisk. The sense of not belonging is gone. The passageway beyond the black stone door has changed. It is now a small muddy cavern sloping upward. It is overgrown with roots and a thunderstorm rages at the surface.

You make your way up the muddy slope and emerge into the rain. The other members of your party are beginning to awake. There is no sign of the clearing or the tower.

*OOG: I am assuming that Ug will open a sending circle to send you all back to Haven. Dallid, I will send you some info on the obelisk and get you a tag at game on. I will also PM you what you saw during the trance and bring a copy to the game for you
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*When the time is right and Ug knows Eli will have the receiving circle up, he begins to cast the sending circle.*
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale lays on his back looking up at the thunderstorm rolling overhead as his brain wracks with pain. Savoring the heavy thud of each drop on his skin as his white hair snakes lucidly in a muddly puddle under his head. with a groan he sighs, "See, we lived... yeahy. God this hurts. When we get back to the Haven, and I can feel my feet again, remind me to kiss whoever it was that saved us back there. If it was Ug maybe just a handshake..."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Wakes up and is completely disoriented for a few moments. After seeing Kels she grins as she grabs her head.*

Wow, I am feeling a bit as if I drank far to much rum. What happened, one minute there were those wrath things and now...*looks up at the rain and is falls trickles down her hair*

...now we are back in the rain.

Humm..not complaining at all for it is good to HEAR the rain.

*Looks at Kels and Sethreal*

Humm...we need to get going on the other errond as well, so I'm hoping we can get back soon.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

We can't get back till evening...