Old man at the inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Old man at the inn

Post by GM_Chris »

You were at the inn one night when you over hear a conversation between an old man new to Haven, who has had too much to drink, and a few others. He tells a tale of his life work to find the treasure of DariSumii It is said long ago in the age before myth 16 great wizards built a place to harness power. The greatest of these wizards named D’arn in his wisdom divided the wizards into 3 groups of 5 giving them each part of the key to access the vault so that no 1 wizard would possess all of the knowledge. They called this place cha’Dar which I have never found, but it is said that where the sky meets the ground is where it will be. The man winks and then says obviously a riddle and then pauses HA! But what does it mean? He then laughs loud before raising his glass in a toast “Here is to great power!” Darren, a well known farmer, must have walked up while the man is talking. He leans on a staff, since his leg was hurt in the war. A scar marks his left cheek. Bursting out in laughter Darren shouts “So this is all you know for your life’s work!”
The old man answers “Well lad it isn’t like I have not had the side adventure here and there. I have grown very wealthy in my years finding all kinds of relics unearthed since the cataclysm”
Darren huffs “prove it”
The old man looks left and right before pulling out a small gem.
Before anyone can speak Darren says “well hardly a king’s ransom” and then bellows out another laugh.
The old man pays him little mind but simply taps the gem which causes it to glow. “This is no mere gem” He mumbles a word and the gem shoots a beam of light toward Darren. Everyone jumps back in surprise, while a couple draw swords, but Darren does not move. Before anyone can take a step you can see the scar on Darren face fade, the light from the gem goes out and the old man deftly puts the gem back in his pouch. Darren snaps out of what ever trance he was in and starts to stumble before catching himself and straitening. “My leg….its healed” The old man winks “well what did you expect” HA! It is said this gem came from cha’Dar imagine what else is there!”
Now I do know a thing or two other secrets but those I keep to myself
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Morgans jaw drops so quickly it is nearly audible as he stares in wonder at the gem.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

a man covered in scars, skulls and open wounds watches the gem used on the man. gets up and walks over.

"excuse me sir, i couldn't help but over hear your conversation, as well as see that display of magic. I also heard you bellow a praise to great power. i can help you achieve that power if you wish. i am rather talented in that department. the only thing i would ask in return. well before we go any further, does that gem simply heal wounds or can it do far more. i am wounded beyond what healers here can fix,"

*he pulls out a potion and drinks it, the flesh grows back, the wounds closes and the gray hair returns back to black. for a moment. a few seconds later the newly healed mans face and chest starts to decay and the flesh rots off.*

"as you can see. so i would aid you in any way, if you could heal me for good."
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

Post by BrodderHammerfall »

*a heavy thud is heard from the bar as a dwarf dropped his tankard spilling the ale in it all over the place as he simply stared at the gem * Oye! by tha curly short hairs O' tha ancestors now thas a trick ...or ah'm really really drunk .....nope gud trick as theres only one O' ye
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The old man looks agast at the rotting man. "Son you have a great sickness, and though this little gem can heal somethings, it cannot heal something that..um..advanced. I will wager that there would have to be something in cha’Dar that would do the trick.

As for this gem, its mine, but I do have another gem supposedly belonging to the same place.

*old man pulls ut a small clear crystal and taps it. A white light shines forth*

Not sure what it for, but from what I have been able to gather it be for opening the treasure vault.

People feel free to RP 1 more comment

*Feeze frame*

*Since I am making the event, which means I have to leave now to accomplish this feat by game on I think we will pick this up in the inn at game on or just before game on if possible. I or another will play the old man and anyone who gets to read this before game on so they know about it gets to be there.*

I hope this soudns fair I just dont want to leave people out and I appologize for the lateness of this post it was nessessary for a variety of reasons.

Code word is Gommer...remeber that.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

"DariSummi...that means many things in the old tongue. Courage, Pride, Spirit, and Essence. Cha'Dar means Beware. Don't be fools, those who meddle with ancient magic are more likely to end up dead, not rich."