Tables at the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Tables at the Inn

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon watches as the two villagers carry a large cherry wood table into the in and set it into a corner. The thing has four thick legs and handsomely decorated drawers on one end.

After the men leave, He carefully folds out the top and there are two sides on hinges. One has a hole in the wood about four inches in diameter towards one end. The other end is covered in felt with black and red squares.

The other side is lined with rabbits fur and had holders for several sets of cards and a card carved set of dice. He folds the table up, hiding both of them under what looks like a black granite top.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

Post by BrodderHammerfall »

As the Valken'vi finishes setting up his table he would find that he would already have a customer so to speak already seated (probably a chair he "found" around the inn) A burly looking Dwarf with a Tankard in one hand and a deck of cards in the other his gear on the ground next to him as he sets the cards on the table he takes a long pull from his tankard*

So lad wat we be playin 'ere ?
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"While I appreciate the compliment, I have not been called lad in two hundred years. As for the game that will be up to any of you. When we open this table in a few weeks, roulette place jack and three dragpn ante will all be available. Of course if other things are requested we will do those as well.

My name is Abaddon sir Dwarf and I do not think we have met." the old man leaning on his seven ringed staff that glinted in the light of the fire.
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

*the dwarf tosses up his hands in frustration* weeks! bah thas to bluddy long ta wait fer a game o' cards *he looks around the inn again* then again seems like ah 'ave no choice . *he studies Abbadon for a moment when he mentions 200 years * hmm well seems ye kept fresh fer being that old I'm Brodder o'clan Hammerfall nice ta meet ya Abbadon
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I'm sure that you will find cards and games among the people here. As for this I simply have to wait until things come in with the spring. You know how that can be."

"I am not familiar with the Clan Hammerfall, but that is not a surprise."

The old man says sitting down in front the fire. Sping has come but the rain is still drumming down.

"I am not a fan of spring nor summer, puts a hurt in these old bones if yah kin it."
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

Aye I understand tha people 'ave ta be 'ere before ye kin get ta running what it is your running . *he chuckles heartily as the Valken'Vi talks of the spring and aches of bones* well i know of a dwarven remedy ta that problem *he raises his tankard and takes a hearty pull from it setting it down with a thud on the table and a heavy sigh of enjoyment* it kin solve many a problem , then again it kin also start even more *He chuckles again leaning back in his chair*
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I am too old for the joys of Dwarvn stout. I can handle a lemon graf, or apple but mostly I drink tea. It helps ease the pain in the joints."

The painted man says from behind his mask. The fire is going, a nice warm dry fire.

"What beings you about?"
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

hmmm I did nae know that age would hinder the joy of drinkin... ah'll 'ave ta keep that in mind . as fer being here , twas the first town I stumbled across after was ...uninvited from the last *he shrugs slightly and drinks from his mug once again seeming to finishing off what ever was in there *
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Probably not for you. You seem stout of body." Abaddon says, sipping his tea. "But I was frail to begin with and now that the years have seen to it that the harder things in life have a price to pay. Walking up with a my ears thundering got old long ago."

"seems as good a reason as any I suppose to arrive here in the the jewel."
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

ye shuld try ta live with a family o'smithys ever morn they work on their projects *He laughs* ye either go deaf er buy alot o beeswax

the jewel ye say . why is it called that or is there sumthin i be missin?
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I think you will find, like many have that this place has more of everything than nearly any other around it. That makes it unique, important so to speak." Abaddon says leaning back in his chair.

"So Son of Clan hammerfall, what games do you like to play?"
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

A hand falls upon Abaddon's shoulder; huge and hairy, but feather-light, as to not hurt the man. Rhul walks around from behind the valken'vi, smiling.

"I see the gambling is about to return. Be careful old man, lest this ape punish your nefarious ways by going to find several pirates and returning to gamble away all of your games' financial backings."

He laughs.
"BY THE POWER OF GRAVESBANE....

I.. HAVE.. THE.. POWER!!!"
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

*he looks at the Valken'Vi for a moment then to the table and grins slightly * It all depends on the mood ah'm in could want ta play dice perhaps some cards maybe jus ...flippin a coin ....*as Rhul approaches he glances to the beast man then looks to his mug * well either this inn serves up somethin really potent or ah better find meself a banana to offer to this new guest *the dwarf grins once more to abbadon grabbing at his mug and checking it for any remnants of ale then nodding to Rhul even if he might just be a figment of a drunken dwarf* ....then again why wouldnt he be talkin ta me *He scratched his bearded face and shruged setting his mug back down once more*
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I maintain that was a tax leveled on lord ingram's rudeness. But yes we got rolled for the tune of 17 gold." Abaddon said.

"Son of hammerfall I have rhul eat the random banana beware the joke it implies."
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

*the dwarf scratches his head at what Abbadon says * hmm well seems ah'm out of tha loop on this one *he chuckles abit then nods to Rhul* well then it seems that yer real enough *the dwarf grins and extends a thick hand* I be Brodder O'clan Hammerfall nice ta meet ya