Brokehill Quest: Chapter 3

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

OOC= I am going to Gencon. I won't be able to post till next monday.

IC- Shale looks over to Lambic and nods, "I'll try..."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*After Arthos is finished with what he is doing, Kidwynn leaves her safety zone and looks everyone.*

We better start moving. I will go scout ahead and if you'd be intested in going with me Arthos luv, I'd appreciate the company.

*Takes off to scout yet again.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug looks up at Lambic and states, in an English-ish Accent*

Strider "The Baron of the Blasted Lands" Al'Terra was the greatest of Essence Mages next to the Kings advisor Alric. Strider became the Baron of Katak after it was "blown up". Strider stayed behind to rebuild and was granted the lands by the King. Cities of the Blasted Lands were those such as Elthinar and Sallack. Strider constantly tried to hold the kingdom together as the king descended into a state of madness due to the deaths of his brother and sister. When the Duchies susceeded from the kingdom, Strider was the only thing stopping out right civil war. Strider had many companions in his life, such as the likes of Llyshon Al'Corin, Jordan Syndalin, and Roland NaGaul, the latter of which who stayed with him in the Blasted Lands, researching great alchemy to try to repair those lands. Through the powers of Essence and great Alchemical miracles, those lands were "reborn" into new and most fertile growth within 10 years time.

*He looks to and fro, then back to Lambic*

Dat wut u wuntud Lamb Bake?
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos takes off scouting with Kidwynn*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Shale do what you can. Your effort is aprecciated.

Thanks Ug. Its a start.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal has a confused look on his face from the begining of Ug's speech.*

"So what have we learned?"
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

don't get shot in the back with multiple arrows.

probably time we move on.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Agreed. We should cover as much ground as possible before nightfall. Hopefully, we will be well beyond the wraith's territory.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Yes, whatever event this poor fellow was caught up in, we might assume its time is long passed. Although the saddlebag scroll contains information that may yet be useful. It appears to be a message bound for a military commander. It mentions an increase in tension between neighbors, stalled negotiations, and orders a strengthening of the northern boarder.

Of course, one may wonder where this 'northern boarder' was compared to this messanger when he was intercepted and killed. However, given that the source of the message had likely just finished with negotiations, the messanger may well have begun his final journey within opposing territory, and thus been on his way South toward the boarder defenses.

Therefore, we might assume we are approaching Brax. However, given the chaos inherent to the Cataclysm, assumptions cannot be lightly made.
Though this man's death may well have occurred post-Cataclysm, the magical upheaval continued to change the world for quite some time - and may still be doing so. We certainly did not seem to pass through a northern nation, unless the negotiations were between Brax and the Wood Wraiths, which seems unlikely. Unfoturnately the scroll offered no name for the opposing nation.

It did mention a Baron Al'Terra - presumably Strider Al'Terra. Thus Brax may have been preparing for war against Katak.

We should keep this in mind should we discover any inhabited settlements, and guide our actions and words appropriately. If war did happen, perhaps travelers from the North will not be well recieved.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

May I reed de skroll dallud?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Would you mind reading it aloud, Rahl? Given its age, I doubt anyone will be alarmed by its contents.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug pulls out a quill and a small book, adjusts his glasses and looks at Rahl, ready to write.*
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

OOC- Back.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Rahl
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rahl »

*slowing standing from in a nearby shrub*

"Negotiaitions stalled. Baron Al'Terra states he has a plan for peace in motion. He will not share his plan which causes me alarm. Ready the garrison, strengthen the northern boarder, and await the signal."

*promptly salutes and slowly descends back into the shrubbery*
In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn silently muses that Rahl should bring that shrubbery with him, in case the party encounters the Knights Who Say Nee. Could save a lot of time...*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven