3 vorpal poison knockout vs Parry

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

yup it still works on normal knockout :D

and if you want it to only be resistable via resist sleep then just change the call back to sleep ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Atrum Draconus wrote:Holy crap... you people really scare me...
..says the one guy whos played an Assasin for 8 years
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

Ark wrote:yup it still works on normal knockout :D
Unless you're currently out of armor points.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I know this is old but...

In the off season can we change Parry so you just cant parry any KO's? It seems like the easiest solution. Just add "This skill cannot be used against Knockout" or something. KO is kind of a underpowered skill in my opinion.
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

first scenario-

Warrior is wearing kandium armor, 12 points of armor but kandium doesn't work unless its 10 points or higher, rouge walks up somehow hits the warrior with a three knockout, it wont knock him out but it will f**k up his armor, if it were me I would spend the life point so my armor doesn't get damaged.

second scenario-

Warrior with no armor parries a knockout, he is knocked out anyway because according to this rule clarification as long as it matches the current armor points which would be zero, and parry reduces damage to zero, it would still knock someone out.

so i see no need to make parry not work on knockout.

P.S.-WHOEVER IT WAS THAT SAID VORPAL KNOCKOUT IS LIKE A ROUGE ASSASSINS ABILITY TO MAGICALLY KNOCK SOMEONE OUT, I THINK THAT IS A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT BECAUSE IF IT WAS A MAGICAL KNOCKOUT IT SHOULD BE CALLED MAGIC KNOCKOUT GIVING PEOPLE THE ABILITY TO RESIST MAGIC WHICH WOULD BE MAGIC SLEEP... but that's just my opinion.
ImageImageImage
Atreus
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Atreus »

Why is Samurai broken? Todd wrote it was broken, what can it do against a vorpal knockout. the 360 parry? just curious :) or did I miss something in the posts.if this is getting off the subject someone pm me with an answer ...thanks
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

the problem is with these 4 together

kandium armor

parry

assassin

360 parry

so this is before super parry and K. armor:

assassin hits warrior for a vorpal knockout to the back, he goes down, the assassin was clever enough to get the count off and hit him in the back, balanced.

super parry comes along:

same situation as above, assassin hits warrior in the back for a vorpal knockout, is deflected with parry, and subsiquently beat down, assassin becomes weaker

K. armor comes along too:

all assassins are buggered, assassin now sucks

rule change, parry now cannot stop a vorpal knockout...

(this is were the gallery chimes in about "well technically it does stop is as it reduces it to"...blah blah blah it stops it)

all warriors not lucky enough to have kandium armor are now buggered by assassins.

what we have done is balanced skills against items? then the skills need to be changed back, and the items GONE, not all improvements are good ones, lets cut the losses and call it good, oh do i wish for the days that if you wanted to stop an assassin, be a man at arms. :?
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

It will be looked at.

Wether or not it will get an overhaul, or just verbage cleared up remains to be seen.
The smartest guy in the room
Atreus
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Atreus »

So, evade weapons are still ok to use against the vorpal knockout?
and if you plan on getting rid of the evade at the end of the year, what happens to our weapons that we paid for in game? do we just lose out?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

The tags will be rewitten with the new wording, like any other potion/spell/magic item that gets a correction.
Travis Cole
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

first scenario-

Warrior is wearing kandium armor, 12 points of armor but kandium doesn't work unless its 10 points or higher, rouge walks up somehow hits the warrior with a three knockout, it wont knock him out but it will f**k up his armor, if it were me I would spend the life point so my armor doesn't get damaged
Knockout does no damage. The number is represents a test against your armor.

Samurai is a hidden discipline. It means you have to work in game order to get access to it. Not everyone gets to run around using 360 Parry. If you do the work you should get the reward.

If assassins suck then why do so many people play them? Their 4th level ability is super versatile. You can deal 9 Vorpal Poison or 9 Vorpal Knockout. Sages, Empaths, Healer, and Rouges are all going down if they get hit by one of those. The only paths that can even wear Kandium and retain all of their abilities are Warrior and Sage.

Everyone has access to everything. That makes it fair in my opinion. If you want Kandium, you can make it, steal it, loot it, or buy it. Same goes with all the other cool items. There are a lot of neat stuff out there and it's all up for grabs. You just got to go get it.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

What Travis said.

New in Town

Post by Atreus »

So Travis,Todd what your saying is once again something is getting taken from my character and I have to eat the cost and suck it up.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

No they are saying most likely the wording is changing and it might not do what it used to do. It's happened to anyone that has any items, potions or spells. It's a part of the game, things go in that aren't necessarily balanced or flat out broken and they have to change.

All it takes is one person to get a hidden discipline and it's no longer hidden, it's just not in the book, palladin is a perfect example of that.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Atreus
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Atreus »

I understand things have to change, its ingame reasons I just got these items not to long ago. And I paid a mint for one of them and it cost a Bl for upkeep (sorry not trying to sound bitchy,( just dutch lol)