The Return

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

"Hey, whatever is needed my lord.."

*Smiles as he fake curtseys, then pats Zeira on the back

"I am more than willing to do what needs to be done, so you all can reclaim your homeland...one day I hope I can ask the same favor in return."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira laughs and rolls his eyes when Serith refers to him as 'Lord'

"Funny thing is I had never even been to Haven before last time. I was on my way there with Brey, Christo, and Theon when we ended up in those caves with the refugees. That's when I found out about Haven being taken by the elves."
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey steps out of the inn with his two swords strapped to his sides, drinks the potion and winks at Zeira

"Ready to go when you are"
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The moment the group leaves, Mortimer's mood shifts from cranky to calm. He seems at peace on the move, almost gliding across the landscape. Those new to his journeys are surprised at the pace that is maintained almost relentlessly as well as by everyone's tirelessness. Those who traveled with Mortimer last time notice too that the pace is significantly faster than before and continue further into the nights, and they realize just how much time was lost by those unwilling to drink the potion last time.

During the night, watches are discussed and planned for but are ultimately taken by Mortimer himself as everyone quickly falls into a deeper sleep than they are accustomed to.

Any soreness that arises in the mornings is quickly relieved by the morning drink that Mortimer provides. Travel carries on, mostly uneventfully, though Mortimer frequently pauses, requests for silence, sniffs the air, listens to the wind, and, occasionally, drastically changes the direction.

No people are encountered during the first four days of the journey. Indeed, the experienced scouts of the group can find no evidence of any recent activity. It was as if the group traveled through an area long forgotten, and there was a certain eeriness about that.

And then, on the fifth day, Mortimer stopped as he often did, requested silence with a single hand held up into the air, sniffed once, then twice, grunted, and said, "There are people up ahead." Peering off into the distance no one can see anything, but Mortimer continues, "We could go around but it won't be easy and we'd most likely lose a day. What kind of time restraints are we on?"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"We're in no real rush and I'm intruiged by the fact that someone other than us would be out in the middle on nowhere. I'm all for continuing forward. Let's just come up for a good reason for us coming out to the middle of nowhere in case somebody gets to suspecious."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*The first time we stop for the night Atrum pulls Zeira aside out of normal voice earshot, if Zeira starts to nod off he gets a sharp poke with a dagger. The first night you hear Atrum yelling, "People are going to count on you whether you like it or not! Tell me RIGHT NOW whether you are up to the task or not! This is not a game we are playing at, the lives and futures of hundreds of people is riding on our shoulders. And I WILL NOT see them failed again because everyone is on different pages of the same book or because people want to be heroes. So which is it, are you a man or just a mouth?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

*When Atrum takes Zeira out to the woods*

Zeira cries out a little when Atrum pokes him

"Seriously Atrum? Your going to tell me to stop running off by myself and quit trying to be a hero? Your worse than me when it comes that. Yes, I learned my lesson in the cave of the dead just like I always learn my lessons, the hard way. But the reason I stepped up was because nobody else would, that was a once in lifetime situation though. Like it or not, you are next in line to lead the people of Haven home and then help them rebuild it. It's like your...goodness I'm not going to say it but you get the idea."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Looking to Mortimer

"This is a heckuva little drink you got here Mortimer, this woulda came in alot of use If we could got our hands on this back from where I am from...Those elves wouldnt have known what hit them!"
Serith Darkheart

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Actually I think it's close to what the elves drinks do. The elves carried a potion that would sustain them for long periods of time with little food or water. Maybe we should say that we're treasure hunting. That we heard there were some ruins around here and we are bunch of adventurers. It would explain the weapons and armor as well as the strange mix of company. Sound good?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan shakes his head.*

"Treasure hunters might have valuables, and the location of ruins could be worth something to someone. We don't need anything from these people, so unless meeting them suggests otherwise, I say we have as little to do with them as possible. We can't even inquire about intelligence without tipping our hand, so unless they randomly volunteer something, they're worthless to us."

"If we do need to tell them something, let's keep it simple and undesirable. We've got almost no supplies, so saying that we're lost is believable. If they get nosy, tell them we're refugees from a plague village... no one likes refugees from a plague village."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"If people dig into that story it's really full of holes unfortunately. What village? Why are we armed to the teeth? If we are lost what if they offer us aid and we refuse? Why are we travelling with elves? I'll admit treasure hunters isn't that great either though..."

"Also if it turns out to be refugees or someone who actually is lost I think someone should lead them back to Far Reach. We'll just have to play this one by ear probably. Atrum or Korrigan can do the talking seeing that they are the best options. If you decide to use the plague story you can tell them that I survived but was horribly scarred by the ordeal. If you want to use the treasure hunter story you could say that we are looking for a rare herb that will cure my scars from a plague. Either one works and explains why I look so nasty and gives you wiggle room if you want to switch it up a little. Sound good?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Quietly*
Can any of you see things that most other people can't? And I need someone good in the woods, we're going to find out at least what we are dealing with, elves, humans any other races. We'll find out then it won't have to be played by ear, at least we won't be set upon in surprise.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Smiles to Atrum

"My how quickly we forget about what ones good at...Thats me on both accounts..."
Serith Darkheart

Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

To Atrum:

"Seeing what specifically? Give me a few minutes and I can see just about anything you need me to see."
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan smiles at Zeira*

"You know, for someone who's not trying to lead, you sure do like to delegate. It's not necessary to answer every question put to you by a stranger, and since we're going to lie to them anyway, all our stories will be full of holes. A mark doesn't believe the lie, he believes the liar."

*Turns to Atrum, Serith, and Mohdri.*

"My eyes are sharper than most and I can skulk about as well as anybody, but I'm no woodsman. If you've got a plan, let me know if I can help."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.