A few questions

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You know this thread helped me understand the conceptual issue with Kadium armor.

When it was first created the idea, as Mike said, was if your armor fell below X amount then you lost the vorpal boon. The number was set at a high number because it was the intention that Kadium armor would protect against a surprise vorpal strike, but offer no additional protection.

Here is the problem. Combat reflexes come off first, and when the armor was designed our brains were thinking armor soak came off first.

You can see this makes a HUGE difference when it comes to the power of the armor.

In addition: Transformation potions...When you take these potions you BECOME what is on the potion tag. Conceptually that means you BECOME what is on the tag without any extra anthing. This means no boons from additonal buffs OR items, skills from your character. As you can see this changes transformation potions into something more situational as they were designed to be instead of a "drink one at game on so you have it all weekend"

Fixes:
We can remove Kadium, up the cost to a nutso level, or we can turn it into what it was suppose to be say "If your chacter is at max soak (hp, armor, and combat reflexes, then the first vorpal hit will be consiered normal damage>" or"when wearing kadium armor with the vorpal effect then damage is first taken off Kadium armor then combat reflexes until the effect is dropped"

Transformation spells: Make sure everyone knows the rules for when a potion says "transformation" infact maybe it needs to be a "damage call"
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Kandium should have to be phys repped by heavy armor. Assassins should be able to tell when somebody would have a chance of having kandium so they can work around that. Oh and Quality cloth armor is lame cheese while were on the topic of overpowered armors. I just don't like it. I think the upkeep on it needs to be higher. It's the same as quality light at the same upkeep price but you don't have to phys rep it.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yeah we unfortunatly/fortunatly took an extreamly liberal stance on armor.

Basically no one has to physrep anything but does have to pay more for not physrepping it.

The advantage is the game does not cater to people with more out of game money. The disadvanatage is there is not a huge insentive to make the financial commitment.

Honestly it is the same type of disucssion liberals and conservatives have in regards to a bunch of public policy so I find it very interesting topic.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I guess just making making it so cloth armor could not be made quality would make me happy. Then it is still neat but does not overpower quality light. The other advantage of cloth is it effectively hidden and people who use knockout are none the wiser. The people who are using quality cloth are not paying a higher cost in game. They are paying the same cost and getting something better.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

from what i have read it apears that kandium was made to counter an assassin, at least now i know why it sucks so bad :)
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Yeah Chris, Id be willing to bet a rules meeting with you and I would go WAAAYYYY different nowadays than they did back then. 8)
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Chris, i think the conceptual issue goes beyond kandium armor, it goes to all effects that are on armor if combat reflexes comes off first. That simple change would fix this issue and other issues that will arise. Fixing armor doesn't take any resources, only a free craftsman and time, the exact same amount of time as regen usually is. So I really don't understand why that change isn't just implemented and I didn't understand why fixing armor went to a second level skill. if you're worried about people having to take time to fix their armor, just put it back to a 1st level craftsman ability and you'll see half the people with armor with level 1 craftsman.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Isn'y repair armor a 1st level dicipline ability?
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Yeap, my bad, I thought it was moved to 2nd, so anyone that has a lot of armor and doesn't have it really deserves to be boned on armor until they can get someone to fix it. It's only 20 pts for just about any build you can come up with.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

its always been a rule of mone when creating builds, that if you have more than 4 points of armor, you need to have repair armor, i was going to make a list of skills all people should have along with that was
- have some way to do magic damage (enchant weapon or boom)
- have some way to heal yourself (healing or regen)
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.