From the Cabin to Haven

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"I see a bunch of happy people down there. But after seeing what some of them did first hand I know that it can't last. First we'll see what's going on in town first hand, see who's in charge. At the same time we can check and see if those marks are magical in nature. Then we check out how those towers work if we can. Lastly, after we leave town, we can follow those elves and see where they are going off to. Sound like a good start?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert leans back taking a long drink from a flask beore speaking.

"If we go into town it is most likely we will become marked. I have not seen the process, but I believe it is a branding much you would give an animal. We could try and sneak in under cover of darkness and meet our contacts at the inn. They tell me they can hide us, but we have no way of knowing if that is true. If we do get approached to be marked it is good t have a plan now. Do we accept the marking or do we fight our way out? Personally I will not allow myself to be marked by the elves, I am not their property. Perhaps only a few of us should go, those willing to risk much, even who they are, for this mission."
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"As far as cosmetic beauty I have very little to lose. I will go... "

Zeira turns to the rest of the group

"Hopefully we won't get branded but those going down there had better be ready for it because if it does happen there will be no fighting it. Those going to town had best prepare for the worst."
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

I have no problem with getting the mark, but if it is possible for me to see it first I'd probably be able to use something in my disguise kit to duplicate it.
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Yes, I doubt resisting efforts at branding and escaping Haven under duress has much chance of success. Should the Elves attempt to mark anyone, it had best be allowed to happen.”

“However, if this mark is indeed only physical in nature, perhaps it can be faked by those skilled at altering their appearance. It might be copied with passing accuracy from Robert’s contacts in Haven. Should this deception prove effective, then we will know all we need about the mark.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Cristo nods to his brother Brey and smiles

"You know I can't let you go alone. You would probably get yourself killed."

Cristo winks at his brother and stands up

"I'm ready when you guys are."
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra sighs* I'm not too keen on being branded... Is anybody else capable of faking the mark? I feel that would be the best way of going about this.
Azra Celevares
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert seems to be thinking hard.

"If we could all look like elves perhaps we could avoid being marked at all"
Chris
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"That's not possible so we will just have to manage. I can make myself look normal but I can't make myself look like an elf."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

"Doesn't much matter to me, so long as we get the job done."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"So far it's me, Cristo, and Brey. Is anybody else going?"
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi looks at Zeira

"I'm going."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert sighs.

It appears our only option is to go. I am not willing to be marked, so me and my men will stay behind and will prepare incase things go bad. You should go quickly, tonight, when between patrols. I will have Graven and Mortimer, if he is willing, scout where they go.

I suggest you make for the inn. Look for a large famer with a black scraggly beard. He goes by Allistair. Tell him that you are interested in buying some gourds. That should get you started.

------------------------------------------
The inn

You arrive at the inn without incident. The inn is over full with patrons eating and drinking. The mood is lively, but not overly. There is a table of elves in flowing gowns and on a small stage sits an elven maiden who begins to sing. Her voice is beautiful and fills the room as the room grows silence to take it in. You can not understand the words, but your heart grows sad. You each stand there until she is finished and after a brief moment the room goes back to normal. A wench walks up and looks at you.

" New here b y the looks of you"

and without a second thought leads you to a place to sit slightly away from the main group.

The man you are looking for is not to be seen.
Chris
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira takes a look around the room and then looks to the rest of his companions

"I hope we can get a decent drink here. If not I think we may have to leave and find a different bar."

Zeira gives the woman a silver piece

"I need drinks for me and my friends. Thank you."
Theon
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Theon »

(before the group leaves for the town.)

"I will go as well."