Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Healer kits and balanced blade

Post by Crist0 »

Healer kit
This kit grants a bonus to the first aid skill. Those with the first aid skill may now heal 4 life
points instead of 2.

Curved dagger
This dagger grants a plus 2 critical strike. The cost of this dagger is in addition to the base cost
for a dagger.

Balanced blade
This blade takes 3 seconds off the charge time for a critical strike. The cost of this dagger is in
addition to the base cost for a dagger.

"Hi got more questions for ya. The healer's kit states that it heals 4 instead of 2. First aid heals 3, so does that mean that the healer's kit heals 5 or 6?"

"Also, balanced blades are called blades in the first sentence and a dagger in the next. Does this mean that it has to be a dagger or can it be any kind of blade? Also do curved dagger's have to be daggers?"
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Welcome to the wide world of finding rule book errors! :D

As for the healer kit, I'd assume you can heal 4 instead of 3. Dispite the number discrepency seen here, making the assumption and takeing liberties, healing 5 or 6 might get you called a cheater.

Critical Strike
This skill allows the Rogue to do increased damage when concentrating. It takes an uninterrupted 5 count to use this skill. Once the count is made the Rogue’s next offensive damage call must be the critical strike. If they make another offensive move, or use another skill, the strike is wasted. Rogues can do 3 points of damage at this level, and simply calls ‘3’ when they strike.

I see nothing in the skill itself where the weapon needs to be a dagger. I want to assume that a curved dagger is exactly that, a curved dagger.

As for a balanced blade.. humm.. I'd think not.

Actually, I think that's something that got over looked from a few years back when the skill was backstab instead of critical strike.

Some clarity in the rulebook would be nice, but it's going to be a while until there are changes to the rulebook itself. However, there are supposed to be rulebook FAQs identifying these things and clarifying them somewhere...
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

any time we notice an error, we should strive to correct it. I think That we are going to get some the corrections worked in this year, since they are not really rule changes.

Nelkie and reid a a great list of errors that need to be corrected. If you find something, don't hesitate to pipe up.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The two dagger skills do state "dagger" in their verbage so I'd say they both need to be daggers. Research is available for alteratives.

The healers bag has been noticed already. I think I already fixed it. But regardless, it does 4. When did first aid go up?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Wait a minute, so does first aid not heal 3? is that a typo in the rulebook?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Possibly it was a mistake, I'd have to go back. I may have mistyped something in an update. Not sure if I wrote that one.

It's not a typo. It heals 3. A year from now, that may or may not be true.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I don't understand why a Balanced blade would have to be a dagger. Most critical strikes aren't from daggers anyway. Knockouts are. I think that balanced blade should be any bladed weapon (not thrown though). You could easily change the word dagger to bladed weapons.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

that particuler version is for daggers, you can research (its a skill) other versions and new items altogether
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Ok that makes sense but then maybe they should change the name of Balanced blade to Balanced Dagger, but I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference. Thanks guys, you've been a great help.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The names of things in this game are like the points in "Who's Line is it Anyway"in that they don't matter. Welcome to the last 5 years of the Rules Forums. :D
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Besides, balanced blade sounds so much better than balaced dagger. :lol: It flows better and is alliterate.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!