Robert Enters the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda smiles at Zeira as he sits back down.

"We have information that there is an underground resistance already in place in Haven. The problem with sending in anyone other than elves to scout is that all non elves are branded. We're not sure if it is a magical brand or not. When Robert was here in the fall, I asked him to see if he could get someone out of Haven with a brand so that we could study it and replicate it. We also have word that some of Roderick's forces survived, although I'm not sure if the King himself did. I was planning on going and contacting them to get their support as allies. But we do need to send a small group to get a better idea of what is going on in Haven proper. We know Corbyn built a gate within the keep itself. We also know that the elves' have some strange watchtowers up around the keep with crystals that seem to "watch" people as they go by that are magical. As to other functions, those remain a mystery.

"We haven't managed to gather any intelligence as to what the elves may be looking for in the area of Haven. We were planning on sending a couple members of town that would be able to move relatively unseen amongst the elves to see if they can gather more information. But until we know more about that brand, it will be risky to send anyone who doesn't look like an elf into that territory..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at the group and addresses Esmerelda*

Concerning that brand. Has anyone looked into seeing if any of my particular talents might be useful in removal of said item?

*Aurora's dark green eyes look at Virgil as if both studying him and conveying the disgust she has with his idea.*

To repeat what Esmerelda stated earlier destroying or killing innocent lives is absolutely not the answer.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"We need to see someone with one of the brands before we can do anything about them. We're not sure whether they are a magical brand or purely physical."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

raises a hand defensivly but remains calm. "I never said one word of killing innocent people, i said kill those who support the elves, if you support the elves i dont think you are innocent, people really need to hear what is said more carefully and stop jumping to conclusions, we could avoid useless conversation that way."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"You speak of setting fires to the fields and poisoning the water supply and think innocents are not going to be killed as a result of those actions? And how do you know which of the locals are truly supporting the elves or just trying to make a manageable life for themselves and their families? I don't think I could be the judge of that. No man could."

Esmerelda shakes her head sadly.

"You speak of tactics that will hurt the common people much more than the elves. And frightening the citizens will make them cling more to the elves, not support them less."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

"fine then myself or someone else will come up with a new plan, and when thats shot down another, until by process of elimination we find one thats left and go with that, people will be hurt, people will be killed, it has happened and is happening now, to try and find a way to win were everyone is happy is pointless, there is none, so why dont the people who like to talk figure out what the plan is, so people like myself can go kill some elves, in fact if someone can point me in the direction of haven i will be more than happy to go by myself."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The "furry woman" laughs bemusedly at Mortimer's comment and it doesn't seem to bother her. "Fair enough." She says. "Let's work on that, then." She says, laying a few coins down on the table and looking towards whatever can be considered the "bar" area.

She listens to the discussion.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri steps into the inn from outside,

"If planned properly, why not just walk past the guards? Is there a way of telling where one is comming from once through the gate? This excurson to Haven is already past the planning stages and ready to be done, assuming a few individuals can be found."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Mortimer's eyebrows raise when told the excursion is ready to go. "If you are looking to gate in, I can't be of much help, but if you're looking to walk it and don't mind an outsider, I imagine I know these lands better than anyone here. I'd be willing to wager I can get you there and back faster than anyone else can get you one way, and relatively safely. Of course, if you're just going there to burn my woods and poison my waters, well, I won't be a party to that."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Because the gate is guarded. While we can dress as elves, they stop them and will expect some kind of paperwork. Since we don't have that paperwork, nor do we know the formal procedures the elves are using. This is more a military base than a random elf city. as such, we can not walk in with out knowing the lay of the land.

Safer, to go the long way around, and catch any guards singly, farther out from their base. "
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"I'm actually more of a fan of the idea of walking to Haven. Less questions will be asked when we arrive. Maybe one group of elves can use the portal and a group of humans can walk. The elves can claim they are there to join the army and the humans can say they were just there because they were ran out of their homes by undead. That way we infiltrate on two levels and broaden the amount of information received. How does that sound?"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Virgil looks at mortimer. "it was an idea." he smiles. "but im glad to see were getiing somewhere, personaly i prefer the walk, i would like to see were im steping."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Mortimer nods. "If you'd like, I believe I can get you there safely...and if we bring fluffy here along with us, we'll probably be able to sniff out any trouble before it reaches us."
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira giggles a little after Mortmers comment

"Why not? But maybe we should use something other than Fluffy as her name.

Zeira turns towards "Fluffy"

What is your real name if you don't mind me asking? I'm Zeira.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The "furry" woman raises her eyebrows at the "fluffy" comment and at Zeira's giggle, opens her mouth and then shuts it again. The fur on her tail standing out in a frazzled poof makes her look quite fluffy indeed.

"Hrm." Her ears flick for a moment in agitation. "I'd take offense to that, but it's probably all true."

"Even the fluffy part." She mumbles quietly as if in an afterthought, one corner of her mouth turning up slightly.

"Real is terribly subjective and names are, as I hear told, quite important. I sometimes think of myself as the Queen of Briars." She gives Zeira a playful smile. "I am pleased to meet your acquaintance, Zeira."