Moving

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*the elf looks confused for abit then a look of rememberence comes over his face, followed closely by a mischevious look*

Noone of cosequence friend Serith, just a traveler with a job to do. Would there be a bed for one here? And maybe a bit of wine? I have heard of a MARVELOUS thing called bacon-cake I believe. Perhaps a small bit of that as well?
Last edited by Atrum Draconus on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Perks his eyebrow quite a bit at the mention of his name

"well that seems interesting, that you would know my name, yet I dont seem to recongnize you....

Unless your job might have something to do with a certain trip I plan on taking in the not so distant future?"

*at the mention of the bacon cake

"Well if an Elf can allow himself to enjoy the sheer deliciousity of the Bacon Cake, Im sure we can find you some and a place to stay."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda quirks an eyebrow at Rhul's comment.

"No, I only have my clothing, my books and my alchemy kit. Which is three things with two hands. That was why I asked for help. Not because I think males have the superior strength to carry things." She thinks for a moment then laughs at herself. "Although I must admit, I have on occasion said that men are good for fighting the monsters and that's why I don't have to. So shame on me for falling into that sexist little attitude. Besides, Rhul, you're much more worthwhile for your brains than your brawn," she says gesturing at the book.

When the elf speaks, so turns to look at him and pales a bit.

"Where did you get that cloak?" she demands, her voice wavering.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Sensing the dread in Esmereldas voice Serith's demeanor changes

"Is this something you care to explain quickly ELF?"

*Holds his hand low and a ball of energy starts to take shape
Serith Darkheart

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*He looks Es in the eyes*

It was given to me by an emissary, one that wanted the good graces of my father.

Is it something you hold dear Esmerelda? Perhaps it belongs to someone that you do?

*Looks back to the things packed to move and then back to Es. He drops the hood completely and seems to grow a couple of inches in the process and speak in a softer voice*

Or perhaps it belongs to someone that you once did?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As realization dawns in her eyes, she grabs Serith's arm.

"No, Serith, it's alright."

For a moment a range of emotions war across the young woman's face. It almost seems like anger is going to win out but then she swallow it down.

"Did?" Her eyes start to tear up. "Not at all. Still do. More than I probably should."

Leaving everything except her backpack, she flees out the front door.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*A backback drops out from under the cloak heavily, and glimpses of black and silver bladed shortwords can be seen under the cloak and in a familiar voice the elf says quickly*
Serith, put that in Korrigans room!

*As he turns and bolts out the door after Esmerelda*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan dodges past Atrum as he bolts out the door and comes back inside. Without saying a word he tosses a key to Serith, grabs a bottle of Esmerelda's wine and a bottle of whiskey from the shelf behind the bar, and heads back outside.*
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Looks around dumbfounded...

"Sure...right, and...umm since when did I become the damned doorman..."

*Grumbles as he places the things in Korrigans room
Serith Darkheart

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

*looks around the room*

I'm willing to bet that Esmerelda isn't going to the House of Chance anymore. Damn. I was gonna take her room too. I wonder if there will be a duel now? Atrum versus Ingram, the battle for the love of Lady Esmerelda and Far Reach. I would pay money to see that fight. Like 2 silver. Maybe even 3.
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra shoots a glare at Zeira*

Can't you ever be nice?

*She then glances to the door, then takes a seat in the inn*

I really don't understand what happened, but poor Esmerelda, she looked upset...
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Looks to Azra as he is walking out of Korrigans room dangling the key from a finger

"Now Azra, is there truely ever a way to understand affairs of the heart? I tried it once, I got her killed, thats enough pain for me..."

*Slumps back into his chair and takes a long finishing slam of his ale
Serith Darkheart

Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*Rhul raises his hands in mock placation towards Esmerelda with a slight grin of amusement*

Oh, I'm sure, but I jest, most assuredly. I would be pleased to help in any way I can.

*In the meantime, everything with the elf occurs and Esmerelda flees the building, brushing past Rhul. Rhul looks to Serith, shock on his face*

What.....what just happened? I feel as if I should know something. Should someone go after them??
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

Sitting comfortably in a chair, Jaycen watches the events transpire, a mixture of confusion and understanding easily marked on his face. His eyes scan the room and settle on Zeira.

"Boy. Did anyone ever tell you your mouth is going to get you in a world of hurt? You need to learn to be less of an ass."

He turns to Azra.

"About the note I posted on the wall. Basically I'm looking for people to fight by my side, the way I need people to fight. I've heard you're damned impressive with that bow and I'd be more than willing to talk to you more about the joining, even though you got pointy ears. I may be a bit old fashioned about women and how they should be treated, but I also learned that a woman with the skill and ability to fight doesn't need someone holding their hand along the path they choose in life."
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora walks in looking for someone and at first turns her attention to Korrigan.*

You haven't seen Eilonwy or Mal around, have you? I know Eilonwy goes wondering and who knows what Mal is up to, but I was hoping I'd catch them around here before I leave. I guess if you either one of them before I do let both of them know I'll be back in the spring. I think Eilonwy will f figure out where I've gone to for it's time for me to rejoin someone for a bit.

*Catches bits and pieces of Azra'a conversation.*

Azra, if you are looking for work and a group to fight with I might have an opening for you. A good archer is always needed plus I owe you for helping me out up there staying informed.

I can't guarantee you anything, but if you're interested we'll see how it goes. Trust me, you'd be treated fairly and as an equal, but it's up to you. I'll be around for a few days before I take off until probably around spring. If I don't talk to you before I leave, just think on it.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman