As The First Snow Falls

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

As The First Snow Falls

Post by Malachi »

Malachi can be seen walking towards the Inn bearing many different pieces of equipment. He stops just outside the doorway and sets everything down gently, organizing his tools as he goes. He picks up a tripod and affixes a small spyglass-like object to the top. He then takes stakes and plants them in the ground near the other corners of the Inn. He lines up everything using his surveying kit, and scribbles a few notes on a piece of parchment. A smile creeps across his face.

"Good, very good."

He walks to his tools and sets up another tripod, this one with a crossbeam slightly less than halfway up two of the posts. On the crossbeam, he sets a thin wooden board, the face smooth and white. He reaches into his pouch and extracts a piece of charcoal and a straight, flat board. His hands begin to move with speed and precision, but then he pauses for a moment.

"This one's for you, dad."

He begins to hum, and his hands being their dance of creation anew.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Fell walks down the road toward the Tipsy Tavern an notices Malachi. He walks over near him but not close enough to distract him form his work. As a smile keeps over his face.*

"Malachi you need a hand building that place?"
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi pauses in his work and looks up at Fell.

"Well, I should be done with the draft in a few days. Once it's complete I'll start working with the land around here, making sure the grade is correct and stable enough. If you're willing to help I certainly wouldn't turn it away. I'd like to have the base foundation and at least a portion of the roof in place before the snow gets serious."

He begins drawing again.

"I heard you are going north for the winter to meet with Finn. I would be in your debt for any assistance you are willing to lend before you leave."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Fell nods to Malachi as he talks.*

"I have longer than the others do. So I can stay around and help get more done. No one should have to feel the sting of the cold with this winter."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi nods.

"Much appreciated, Fell. I'll find you when the plan is complete."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Fell looks up at Malachi*

"If you do not mind I think I would like to set for a while and see how things shape out. I might even get some ideas on how to change up the tower and the forge."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora approaches the two carrying a black bag over her shoulder. She smiles at Fell a little and nods politely at Malachi.*

I noticed the two of you out here when I was talking to some of Gendarmen who were out on patrol. I have no idea how long the two of you have been out here in the weather but I grabbed some bread, cheese, and meat from the House of Chance for you two. I thought perhaps you might be hungry or you can save it for later.

*Hands Malachi the snack for he and Fell.*

*She turns her attention to Fell.*

I have talked to Trusk and I'm getting things in order for my departure. *Looks up at the snowflakes* I probably can stick around a week at most but then I'm going to need to be taking off so I can keep my promise to make it North before the major snow falls. I'll check with McCool and Piece to see if they will be leaving with me or if they will be sticking around a little bit longer and depart with you.

*She looks a Malachi*

If you would like later, come up to the House and try some of Kami's warm apple wine. I hear it is really good and will be able to warm you up. If you end up starting this project before I leave and need a hand, just let me know.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi looks to Fell.

"You're more than welcome to. As of now, I have a rough idea of what I'd like, but if you have any ideas please voice them. I am more than open for ideas."

To Aurora.

"Thank you, and I will. I think I've got enough of the foundation mapped out that I can continue drawing inside, away from the wind."

He smiles and chuckles a little.

"Although, I'll have to keep track of how much wine I have, or Korrigan may wind up with doors that don't open and stairways leading to nowhere!"
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smirks*

There is some warm just apple juice type of stuff as well. They keep it around for me since I don't drink much. You could if you wanted have one of the wines and then feel free to have some of the stuff they make up for me.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi looks at Aurora and nods.

"Thank you, Lady Aurora."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora nods*

Anytime Malachi. I'll leave you and Fell to the construction. I'm more of a repair type of person.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Fell nods back to aurora and take the sack form her. An opens it up a to sniff the warm bread inside of it.*

"Thank you Aurora I'll be here for at least a ten day longer. I would like to make sure the tavern is set. An Malachi does not get stuck doing all of the work. In fact I think in a while I am gone to go to the local masons and labor guild and see if we can contact them for work. Might make things go up faster once Malachi gets his draft set. If that is okay with you Malachi?"
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi nods.

"Of course. Many hands make light work."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*The old gargoyle smiles as he hears this. An get out his old bag of tools. Than begins to work on some some iron piece.*

"Once you go Malachi in I shall go talk to the masons and the labors. But until than I shall set out here and keep watch. I could learn something new form this."