Inner Strife

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Your words are intriguing, Fendrel, but you seem unwilling to speak openly here. Would you be willing to speak with me privately in one of the back rooms?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Fendrel listens to Mohdri and nods. "Exactly. It cannot be taught." And then he thinks more deeply, "Though opportunities can be presented that would better allow for self-reflection that could ultimately lead to enlightenment on the subject."

Fendrel turns to Dallid after being addressed and replies, "Excuse me if I am a little paranoid. One of the first conversations I overhear when arriving was about conflict amongst the people here, so I will have to pass on going into a backroom with someone I have only just met, even though you seem to be a voice of reason. If you would like to step outside, in the open, and have a private conversation there, however, I think I could oblige."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"If you do not mind speaking more openly here, that is preferable. Otherwise, outside will suffice."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"How more open can I speak? What else would you like me to say? The people before me do not yet appear ready for the task I need help with. When you're ready, I will be very open with all of you. Until then, I would like to keep my business to myself."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon waddles for forward,leaning on his staff. HIs eyes dark inside the mask.

"Well, if you wish to tell us, either what you want from us, or what we can do to be ready, then that would help us help you. It's not a matter of desire to help. What ever we can do to assist you, we will." Abaddon says, as Yazel moves side to side on his shoulder, his silhouette flickering in the firelight.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"But you are not yet equipped. I have to prepare you first, and I must consider how to do so or you will all certainly die. Once I figure out how best to help you then I will most graciously accept your help."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Are you, perhaps, with the Elven resistance?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"Well I certainly resist everything they stand for."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

The door opens and Esmerelda enters. Her normal cheerful countenance is replaced with an expression of determination. Her once long curls are now cropped short and she wears a bandage on her left hand.

Seeing Korrigan passing out drinks, she surveys the room. "Guess I missed some sort of party."

Seeing an unknown face, she apporaches the man and bobs her head in welcome. "Welcome."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan nods to Esmerelda as she comes inside and offers her a drink."

"Oh, it was a party all right. The new guy there is Fendrel. Fendrel, this here is Esmerelda. She's in charge around here, and if you're gonna be preparing anything you should likely talk to..."

*Korrigan stops short, his mouth working silently as he grimaces in immense pain. The last of the color seems to fade from his skin as blood begins streaming from both of his eyes. Unlike other times he has cried blood, the flow is a torrent and is a deep, deep red. Blinking and shaking his head, he wipes the blood from his face and looks at his hand.*

"Damn. Looks like I'm outta time."

*Downing the remainder of his drink, Korrigan staggers out the door and stumbles toward the portal.*
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Just as Korrigan leaves the inn, Fiona walks in. The jovial look on her face suddenly leaves as she sees the state of Korrigan's health.

I have just returned from Avangard. We have discovered the cure for the disease that has plagued Mr. Korrigan. However, I am afraid I may be too late.

Distraugt, she attempts to chase after him, only to loose him on the way. She stumbles back into the inn, tears in her eyes.

My Grandmother always told me never to watch someone die. I was always to do all I could to save them. I am afraid I waited too long and hoped others would find the cure. I hope that Mr. Korrigan has not met a fate that could have been avoided. I wish there was more I could do.

She falls into a chair and begins to cry
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods to Fendrel. "Do you know if the Red Tear is responsible for the sudden Elven aggression?"

Then Korrigan, bleeding, runs out the door.

"My applologies."

Dallid turns to pursue, but Fionna has already attempted and failed. Dallid approaches her.

"He was on his way to Avantguard. Can he acquire the cure there? What do you mean it may all ready be too late?"
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

She turns to Dallid

We discovered a cure to the disease in Avangard. I am only afraid it is too late because I know the final stage of the disease is gushing blood from the eyes. I understand shortly after this, the patient begins to bleed out and vomit blood. I am just afraid he may not make it back to town to find someone with the cure. If he can make it to town before he bleeds out he should be able to find someone with a cure. I only hope he can make it.