Tragedy at Winter Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Tragedy at Winter Haven

Post by Fionna »

*Fionna stumbles into the inn, obviously shaken. *

I have just returned from the town of Avangard, formally Winter Haven. There has been a great tragedy this day. A young man by the name of Lucien, viciously attacked the town. I only survived due to the heroics of a young man named Garrett. We managed to hide from this Lucien while he was under the influence of a very powerful potion. Due to his knowledge of the trails, we were able to escape and he helped me through the portal. As of last I heard, there were many dead. I would have stayed to assist with resurrections, but we believed there were no empaths left alive. I was terribly afraid for my life. I am very lucky to be alive.

I am unsure of this Lucien's motivations, but I certainly know, I will not be returning to this town.

*She sits and attempts to rest.*[/i]
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda quickly brings Fiona a drink.

"Are you alright? How many fell?" A look of concern crossed her face, giving way for a moment to deeper sorrow which is quickly pushed back.

Softly she asks, "do you know of any other survivors besides yourself?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Thank you, Esmerelda. I will recover. When Garrett and I escaped, as many as seven or more had fallen. I am not sure who survived, I believe an elf by the name of Atrius survived. Also, the orc Trusk, who fought so bravely with us a moon ago, survived. Many were not in town during the attack and should be fine, these include the healer Shea and the dwarf they speak of named Kaul. Garrett was going to try to contact a Shogunat Lord in the area when he helped me through the portal. He knew the man from a battle earlier that day. I pray that Garrett and these Shogunats will be able to help.

I almost didn't make it myself. Thankfully, this Garrett and I had fought together previously, and he knew I was an alchemist and always carried cure potions. This fact saved both our lives. I am greatful for the skills my grandmother taught me, those in alchemy as well as healing.

*she slowly sips her drink, a look of deep sorrow appears on her face.

I only wish I had the courage to stay with Garrett, but I was worried there was nothing more I could do. Also, I was afraid to stay in such a dangerous location and place everyone here in danger with so few healers in the area.

*she begins to drift off, softly crying to herself.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

When she hears that Shea and Atreus are safe, Esmerelda lets out a breath she did not even know she was holding.

Seeing how upset Fiona is, Esmerelda embraces her. "You're alright. You're safe." Her soft words seem almost at odds with with grief on her face and haunted, pain filled eyes.

She hugs her new friend for a long time and lets go, leaving a hand on her shoulder. Tears in her own eyes, she looks Fiona gravely in the eyes. "We will bring them back. They will be avanged. And those responsible will pay..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi enters the Inn

"Be at ease, both of you. I come from Avangard. Garrett and Zeira both survived the initial onslaught, and had the presence of mind to go for help. A man came from the Shogunate and helped us get to our feet. All together, the only fatality is that of Lucien."

He takes a seat.

"There are other things we must consider, however. The pirates that frequent Avangard took Vaun captive. And she is not the only one missing. Sheogorath and Ghostmaker both disappeared during that day."

He pulls out a bottle and takes a long drink.

"This past moon was one of misfortune, on all parts."

He pauses for another swig.

"Save one, that is."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*Rhul walks down the stairs as Fiona speaks to Esmerelda, a leatherbound novel in his hand. As he hears what transpired soon after he left Avenguard, he walks over to help comfort Fiona, ever so gently laying a large hand on her shoulder.*

"It's ok, lass", he murmurs deeply. "You did the right thing while acting upon the information you had at the time. As this Garritt man went to a source that he believed could offer aid, as did you upon coming here."

*As his finishes talking, Malachi enters and says his piece*

"Ah! You see? All is well, so to speak. I would say that I wish I had been there to help, but who knows what kind of variable I would have been. As I am unfamiliar of the local peoples, perhaps it is better that those who know more than I were in a position to help.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

*Upon hearing Malaki, Fiona breaths a sigh of relief. Her face remains woeful, but the crying slowly begins to cease.

"Thank goodness. I am glad to hear the Shoganute was able to help. It is a relief to learn that the attack did not become the tragedy it could have. I only wish I could have done more to help Vaun and the others who disappeared. Unfortunately, many trusted in the leadership of the town. I wonder what else could have been done."
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Yes, well, that is the question for the ages, isn't it. "What more could have been done?" It's something anyone can ask, and yet at the same time noone can answer it with any certainty.

The best question we could ask, rather (he states, raising a finger), is whether they are still alive. If so, than there is always another chance. And if so, then quite possibly their friends will have learned from their mistakes, and thus succed where they originally failed.

In the meantime, I believe the most important thing we can do is attempt to contact those missing, if at all possible. For to let a friend lose hope would be the most evil deed imaginable.