Hero point ussage

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

excellent. I like old way. I miss it. NO MORE CHARTS.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The concern was the instant death skills with Hero points. Lets list them out so we can see what the hangups are and maybe we can work around them in some way. The ones I can think of are:

1) Instant 30 Magic
2) Instant Sleep
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Perhaps add "Charge time may not be reduced by Hero Points (or by any means)." to those two skills?

Or Hero Points may reduce any charge time by half. One single math operation - just like the old hero points
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I would just like to see Hero points be heroic again for people with charge or time based skills..

Right now they are heroic for warriors or people who want to fight.. extra health and damage.. but if you are a caster, or rogue or healer or sage who wants to use one of the skills that makes them what they are.. spending her points isn't very heroic in my mind.. "Well i can do my skill faster..woopee"..

It was fun and heroic to see Archers throw Heroic 8 vorpals.. Empaths throw Heroic 30 Magic's.. Heroic 9 critical strike..

I would have loved to hear Heroic Heal, Heroic Mass heal, Heroic Cure poison or disease..

yeah you got some one shot kills there... but thats the way the world works.. yeah an empath could throw a heroic 30 magic.. but they could also get hit by a heroic knockout or just jumped from behind and killed before they can do anything.. Especially if we are talking PVP here.. So why change a system that was easy and worked well enough for at least 3 years.. because of 1 or 2 skills.. reminds me of MAgic the GAthering (make 1 bad card and change the rules of the game so the card isn't Jank anymore.. instead of doing the easier thing and just changing the card).
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Are those really that bad? HP are not a renewable resource, so you really gotta wanna.

again, I'm with doug that the system wasn't broken, just exclude the problem children from the playground.
Travis Cole
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

I agree with Travis it wasn't broken at all and the chart is not easy for people to understand.

The hero point system wasn't broken to begin with. I know as Kidwynn I used a hero point like only a few times if that.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

vorpal knockout. Feasiably, you could blow the life point for vorpal, use the hp to drop your knockout to 0 seconds and poof.

or any instant vorpal call, is bad really. Instant vorpal poison while not lethal does effectively take out a person.

And it was horribly broken. The fact that we could rely on Nelkie killing 5 PCs in the first seconds of any combat we initated is gross. The fact that we could do this every event was worse (hero points were repopable even in the old system).
Last edited by dier_cire on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I am still for going back to the old time system.. but reducing time by 5 Minutes instead of 1 minute so that Healers and Sages can activate some skills heroically rather that having to save up 4 or 5 Hp to do something.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

See, the problem comes in because we want to make Hero Points a renewable resource. When you get a hero point from leveling, it is permanent. You get it for every event.

I like the idea of eliminating the problem children. Maybe we say you can use it to instant anything under 15 seconds. Everything else, it reduces by half?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That's the higher levels of the Hero Points already Wayne.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

See that is something that would work instead of the chart.

All I'm asking is for something with Hero points that is easier to understand because people were really confused by the new chart and all.

Bear in mind I am seriously I'm just trying to help.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

how about
hp may not be used for
damage calls > 10
anything vorpal or crush
sleep and shatter calls.
Last edited by cole45 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

ok.

Level 1: Instantly use any skill 5 seconds or less or reduce a skill's time by 1/2.
Level 2: Instantly use any skill 10 sceonds or less or reduce a skill's time by 3/4.
Level 3: Instantly use any skill 20 seconds or less or reduce a skill's time by 9/10s.

You are halving, halving a again, or moving a decimal. Simple?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

if skill is longer than 5 minutes it reduces by half, all others it render's instantly.

how about
hp may not be used for
damage calls > 10
anything vorpal or crush
sleep and shatter calls.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That's more complex than the math...

People have a hard enough time remember how their own skills work, much less if/then conditions for something they use once an event, maybe.