June Event Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I had a blast
...it was hard coming into a new place not knowing what to expect but everything turned out. I do hope we go back to the other side. I love having kitchens and our bathroom/shower INSIDE so as a squishy, you didn't have to bug someone every time you had to go to the privy (thank you Warriors, especially Slisk and Atreus, for not grumbling when we asked)...

Friday night I felt so bad, but couldn’t help laughing, finding out that the gargoyle that was beheaded was Travis’s new character…he was very cool after we knew he wasn’t going to hurt anyone intentionally…love your whole costume! especially the mask.

I missed seeing Crazy Sally looking for “Elfie” aka Atreus, but watching him carry around Peatree is GREAT… I just hope it’s a girl, so he will eat his words. I really enjoyed the Silvani plot with Arick and Esmirelda, and Teela's Aviana plot, finding the Lady getting drunk for the first time, and spending time with Zarzan, who we knew from Winter Haven, (still wondering exactly why she was there) I caught bits and pieces of plots here and there but Shea didn't really focus on one thing....it was all good...I'd like to thank Donovan for going over all the different things that were going on....so happy someone writes that stuff down and keeps track of it. Now I'll know where to go to give and receive info. It’s a great help to everyone!

Gabriel you are so good, and fast with those wooden puzzles... Thank you! thank you! thank you!....for saving us from whatever what coming out of those vents!

LOVED “Tree Man”!! (sorry I ran you through so many times…as a healer I don’t get to do that too often…It was amazing…you got right back up EVERYTIME!!)

Wolf puppy was awesomely cute, I hope we can help you out…and will see you again soon.

Donte, it was good to see you and Mackenzie! I feel bad we didn't chat more...we offered you a place to stay at the Castle/fort. Hope to see more of you!

The keeper of the Orb in the box…you found out Shea can’t lie well, but she can distract. SO hilarious!! Only to find out that we were supposed to just hand it over anyway *shrug* it was still fun.

Late Sat night after running away from the pirate attack, when Atrum came to rescue!! We decided that apples would not make good ball gags because you can eat them…contemplated who else’s the egg could be if not Atreus’s. After all Crazy Sally was (IS) a pirate.

Finally… Woden! Shea didn’t know him well but what she did know of him he was a good and honorable Dwarf! Very sorry to see him gone. He will be Missed! Eilonwy, Teela, Esmirelda, Atreus Zyth and I tried looking for Atrum to grieve but he was no where to be found.

The rain on Sunday really put a damper on “finishing things” but it was kind of nice to sleep in.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

Good Event!

I have to agree with the strange flow of things though. It seemed that we had nothing to do , then we had five things all at once come at us. But thats what makes this fun. The whole (Where do I go and what needs to be done first) aspect was very present at this event. As I found myself running around with people still calling my name to go with them.

The plots where good, the RPing was great, the site was nice.

I can recall walking into a house where Em's father had a girl ready to be burned alive, picking up a trapped puzzle and having the room fill with smoke. My mind went blank and all I could see was the colors and the pattern. The pressure had my hands shaking trying to move as fast as I could. I still don't know how I did it so fast, but I am sure glad I did.

All in all, can't wait for next event!
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Daku of the North
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Daku of the North »

Soo much I want to say! ^_^ I wanna thank Voralen, Dante, and Zyth for helping the girlies out with bathroom trips. We felt so bad asking you, and you guys were real troopers. Not many guys would do that as much as you have. Thank you, too, Voralen for trying to make sure Jasmine was OK. It was sweet of you.

Dia's encounter with Donovan was funny as hell! You scared me so bad, I almost peed myself, and I dropped my 5 boom!

"Stand and prepare to meet your eminant destruction!!"
::screams and drops her 5 boom:: "Da-no-van!"
"Oh, it's only you...sorry, Dia."

Jasmine's confrontation with Atreus was crazy. We soo laughed it up later OOG. I'm glad you had a good time with it, Tim, because I was so worried that I would look like a dork! lol Gabriel cheered Jasmine up soo much, so thank you, Danny! I think he's the only other man in Haven that can make her blush just by saying "Hello, Jasmine." Teehee! ^//^

I was feeling rather upset around game-break on Saturday, but after seeing the beautiful Teela and Ezmirelda playing in the rain, I felt much better. I mean, come on, who wouldn't feel better after watching two beautiful women dancing in the rain? Heh, sorry you missed it, Adam. Brad and Ton, shame on you! You missed it too! ::snickers::

After I brought in Dia, the fun began! Between the Lady and Shae trying to understand where she came from (not to mention, keep her from just taking random stuff for herself! lol), I really enjoyed making everyone feel uncomfortable. Brad, your face was priceless when you met her...

"Do I frighten you?"
"In truth...yes, a little..."
::smile:: "Do not worry! I will not slit your throat!"

Zyth's response to that was perfect!
"Oh, how generous of you!" lol

Slisk and Dia got along great..the whole tribe and brotherhood thing really helped her take a liking to him him. It'd be awesome if her tribe could form an alliance with the Ascendancy...just imagining Valkyn'Vi Barbarian tribalmen marching into battle sidebyside with menacing looking Lizardmen gnashing their teeth and sharpening their claws...awesome! As always, kudos to you Doug for your superb RPing!

Travis, awesome new character! Dia really liked Spike. I had a lot of fun with the idea of him and Dia both looking at Zyth and saying "Mm..meat..."

Kiddwyn, awesome work this event! We couldn't have done it without you. You bet that Dia would give her alligance to the girl with the REALLY BIG hat! lol

And finally...Woden...Todd, my Love...you will be sorely missed...

Thank you all!
"Unlesss you're cooking, baking, or eating, get the heeeellll outta my kitchen!" ~ Jasmine, August event
Daku of the North
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Daku of the North »

BTW-Did anyone find a 32oz-64oz grey water mug with a green top and clear straw? Joe didn't see it when he left the camp, but I know it was in the kitchen when I left. It's mine if anyone picked it up, and I need it back.

Thank you!
Kori
"Unlesss you're cooking, baking, or eating, get the heeeellll outta my kitchen!" ~ Jasmine, August event
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

LOL I loved the comment of the really big hat.

Again it was sooo much fun being with a lot of the town this event.

:D

I still want a boat...hehehe
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Here are a few pictures from the event. More are at http://www.flickr.com/groups/finalhavenlarp/

Last edited by WayneO42 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Awesome Wayneo! Just Awesome!
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Very cool. Just remind me to not actively pose, photogenic I am not... geeyahhh...

WayneO: "Give me you're best innocent 'I didn't mean to kill him.' look."

An he gets this... *smirk*
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

We need to find the kid who played Dante, he took a TON of photos too.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Well, it seems my feedback never made it to the boards... lol. Dang net gremlins.

Anyway. I had a great time this event. It was very nice to take a mellow back seat as a NPC. Though it was odd to find that I beat myself up more than when I GM. I was sore, scraped, bruised, sore, and I am still franticly suspicious of phantom ticks all over me (Thanks Chris).

My favorite NPC moment had to be the trial. I loved being the booming voiced rock elemental judge. I also had some truely awesome 1 on 1 moments with people that weekend. The dream with Eilonwy, Stringfellow's conversation with Slisk, and of course... "Yeah, think of the children... BURN 'EM!" I'd like to say I enjoyed playing 'Cutthroat' but I couldn't get my pirate accent to work right with the PCs. On the way to and from camp it was flawless... Then, when it mattered, it was crap.

Great pictures guys. I so need a new costume so I can look purdy too.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage