After the Ball

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic is rumaging through a crate behind the bar, find the leather bound book he was looking for. As he starts to stand up hears the most the red haired woman speak and jumps, hitting his head on a shelf and nocking over a few bottles. Luckily nothing breaks, but it makes a racket.*

Well rust my axe, there's a face I haven't seen in a while!

*He picks up two of the bottles he nocked over, while juggling the book and then carries the last to the bar."

Your usualy Kidwynn?

*The bottle Lambic sets on the table is dusty and dark brown, corked and waxed. The liquid in side moves slowy. Well aged dark rum often has this kind of consistency. He still hold the book in his hands.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Still standing there stunned for a few more moments and then turns her attention towards Lambic.*

I didn't intend on bein' away for so long, but as they say stuff happens.

*Looks at the rum*

Got two glasses for that Lambic? One not only for myself but my friend as well. *motions over towards Braddock*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

*Taking a look at the two new comers*

"Well now, there are a couple that look like they seen the sea a few times.. so this town isn't totally hopeless"

*See's the drinks Lambic is pouring.. looks longingly*

"Now Lambic good sir, what would be the chance of getting a small glass of that fine drink you are pouring there.. it has the look of a fine, fine drink!"
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn ignores the rough language of the pirateers and strolls up to the bar with a polite smile*

Your pardon, good barkeep. Could you possibly tell me where to find the leaders of the town, especially Elder Corbyn?
Calvin Welington
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Calvin Welington »

*Calvin walks into the inn sees Aidan and walks over to him*

"Drinkin wiffout me i see, I see your makin friends. Don't trust this bloke he's noffin but troble. Ha ha Pour me one as well iffin you would Kind sir."
Drinkin
Ladies
Fightin
And Food
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Hearing a voice from behind the Lady Rosamund looks over her shoulder. “You must forgive me, my good sir what be your name once more please.” With this the lady holds out one hand…..and waits to see if he takes it or not.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Calvin Welington
New in Town
New in Town

*Calvin turns to the lady. takes her hand gives a nice short bow*

"Calvin Welington at your servise, M'lady."
Drinkin
Ladies
Fightin
And Food
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*With surprising grace in his suasage fingers, Lambic grabs not one but three glasses. He begins to pour the four drinks, all the while talking to the group forming around the bar.*

Not a problem Kidwynn, one for your friend too. Don't get too used to it, Aidan, but this time...oh and you too Calvin, was it?

Now Lady Kathryn, I am the regent of the Haven, and thus speak for the Haven. However, Elder Corbyn is most likely found in the Order of the Elder's building, just over there *Lambic points*. I could, if you prefer, send some one to ask him to join you here, seeing as you seem to have just come off the long roads.

*As Lambic finishes up he slides two drinks down the bar to Aidan and Calvin, and gentlely pushes two drinks towards Kiwynn.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Lady Kathryn gives Lambic a nod and smile of thanks*

That would be much appreciated.

I have been appointed by King Rodrick as his royal ambassador to Haven. A meeting of yourself and Elder Corbyn, as well as anyone else you think need be in attendance, would be the perfect thing.

While someone goes for Elder Corbyn, do you happen to have cloth around that I could dampen and wipe this travel dust off with? And perhaps a drink of water, if it is not too much trouble.
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

hearing what was said between Lady Kathryn and Lambic, Lady Rosamund turns to look at this new camer to the group.

"My good one you look as if you could use a fresh gown to wear. I am a Lady like yourself and know your feeling. There is not much i could do for you but i can give you a plase to groum yourself and i think i have somthing you can ware that is more fitting for one such as yourself. Plus i am in lord Corbns Order."
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

*The genral walks in and makes his way to the fire to warm himelf when he hears the name of Kathern Skress spoken and turns to look around the room in surprise. He finaly see's the new comer and walks over in the travel worn woman*

Morning travler, My name is Maximus, and if I heard correctly your name is Kathern Skress? By chance, did you know a Dwarf Blackthorn Heldrummer? He has spoken to me about a Kathern Skress and wonder if you are the one he spoke of?
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

*looking at Calvin
"So you say not to trust Aidan."
*SHe looks down the bar to Aidan and gives him a smile to let him know that she does not really belive that. Turining back to Calvin
"BUt can we trust you. For you are a friend of his. At least that is is what i asume since you both arrived together."[/i]
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*To Lady Rosamund*

Thank you, your offer is very kind and generous. I would indeed like to freshen up. I have brought some other clothing, so thank you for that offer but I will not need to put you out on that account.

*To Maximus*

Good dwarf, I have indeed heard of Blackthorn.

*she smiles and fishes a very old amulet out of the neck of her shirt*

In fact, not only did I consider Blackthorn a close friend, but I consider all dwarves friends of mine.

*she shows him the very old dwarven friendship amulet she wears around her neck*
Calvin Welington
New in Town
New in Town

*Calvin grabs the drink given to him then looks to laura*

"But of course you can trust me." *He smiles at her as he takes a drink*

"Well this place in not all bad thats good rum. I thank you Lambic."

*He turns to Kathryn*

"M'lady it seems i have not had the pleasure. Calvin Welington is the name." *He gives her a short bow*
Drinkin
Ladies
Fightin
And Food
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*She gives him a nod of greeting and then says with a small laugh and glance to Lady Rosamund*

Quite charmed, I'm sure. I'd offer my hand as well but...

*she grimaces slightly and wipes them on her pants*

I'm sure you understand that the dirt of travel sticks with one for a while.