On the Edge of Forever

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kittien »

From the dark a body moves, in to the light of the moon. Their looks to be no anger in the way the person moves towards the group. When in talking distends, of the men, the woman puts back her hood.

Eyeing everyone in the group save Ian. The woman says to Ian “My sister, she is safe?” Waiting only a minute for him to answer, she looks at everyone present ones again. There is enough light to see that her eyes are no longer cat like. As to once she had the face of a cat she now looks like a mere woman.
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*looking at the new arrival closely*

"Kittien??.. Been a while since we seen you around here. It seems your time away has changed you? As fot your sister she is as ok as anyone else in this town.. If you will excuse me I must go find some gypsy's."

*With that Ian heads off towards the Inn*
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels looks at Ian. Hood still up you can almost feel anger from him, but not to anyone inpreticuler*

"Sounds good Ian."
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kittien »

If any where to look back they would no longer see Alura.
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*not paying much attention to anything, Woden walks over and inspects the gate*
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Narration: Time passes, the group with Sarah exits the Inn to see several people around the firepit and talk with them before their trek back to the gate to meet Ian and Woden.

((If you say something to people outside before going to the gate post it here, as well as anyone accompanying them back. Assume there are some unnamed people with you in case Havenites jump into the plot later.))
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

((Talana wouldn't approach anyone with this until AFTER talking to Woden and Ian and us deciding to try to open the gate, then we'd give an invitation to others with explanation on the dangers and risks, as well as the uncertain destination. Shall we fast forward to that part in the interest of time before the event, assuming neither Phil/Ian, nor Todd/Woden have an objection?))
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

((PC Narration of events to help expedite this thread for the event. All characters narrated "for" in this post, have given me permission to do so and discussed what their reactions would be...))

*Talana heads down to the gate with Farak, Lady Rosamund and Sarah to find that only Woden is at the gate and Kels are Ian are initially nowhere to be found. Talana tells Woden that she has discovered a code that she believes could be used to take a group of people to Winter Haven. Talana explains that she is not positive that that is indeed where the code will take people, but has good reason to believe after talking to Woden that it will NOT take people back to Vaunephasauk. After some discussion between Talana and Woden in front of the other two, Talana and Woden agree that it is probably best to notify the town that they will be opening the gate and offering to send through anyone who wants to go on this mission. Talana and Woden both assure Sarah that they will send as many people as are willing to go, but that Sarah and anyone who accompanies her must know that there is a risk involved in going.*

*If neither Rosamund nor Farak stop Talana, she will go to find Ian, who she will eventually find with Kels, Nadia and Pasha. Talana will explain that she believes she has found a way to send people to Winter Haven through the gate, but the destination is not 100% certain. Pasha and Nadia decide that based on their last two random gate travels, that they will not travel through the gate until they are certain that Talana has a code for Winter Haven and not some other forsaken place. Talana and Ian return to the gate to tell Woden what is going on and then go back up to town to advise others that Talana, Ian and Woden will be opening the gate. The general speech given to anyone who is interested will be as follows:*

"We believe that we have found a way to send a party through the gate to a place called Winter Haven, though we are not absolutely certain that this will be the original destination, it is likely where the search for Sarah's brother will lead the party. We have nothing to offer in exchange to those who may want to assist Sarah and we cannot say that this mission may not be a great risk to those who go on it. However, if anyone is looking to explore the terrain of Phantara, this is their opportunity to do so. The window of opportunity to go through the gate is limited to about 5 minutes, so we will try to corral everyone before we open the gate to get as many people who want to go through as possible - and we (Talana and Woden) can only do this twice in one day, so it's probably best to plan for us to open the gate sometime tomorrow. We can also open the gate twice the day after, if need be and then we will We will make sure to open the gate from the other side on the third day so that anyone who wants to return at that time may do so, unless other arrangements are made. Any questions or concerns?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

"For added safety, perhaps one of us going should be taught how to use the portal just in case it needs to be activated from the other side."
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

"There is no one else that I have seen today that might even be capable of learning, Good Sir Farak. So, unfortunately, I do not know that I could do that..."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Looking at Farank the Lady says "I think that Farak is right. I think that someone one this side of the portal shold be taught how to use the portal as well. Just to be safe."
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

"Perhaps I wasn't clear, I apologize..."

*Talana looks around at the assembled mass of townspeople who might be present for this discussion and queries:*

"Who among you is a Master of the Empathic skills or Master of the Arcane Arts or even an Artificer? To the best of my knowledge those people are quite limited and you are probably looking at the only two in town that are present. Additionally, there is more to opening the portal and the intricacies and responsibilities than can or should be taught in less than a day. We will endeavor to check on you and provide a way back. If you prefer, we can come through the portal once per day at an assigned time to help you get back, but that means we can only send people through from Final Haven once per day then... I apologize, but there are limitations to this gate and to those who can operate it..."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

"As I understand it, there is a code of sorts that controls the location the portal stones open to. At minimum, I believe that code should be sent with one of us. In the case of a dire emergency, I am sure that we can find someone on the other side who knows how to work the portal stones."