Kitchen Duties

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Sen bows and turns to wrestle the metal lit off the large pot. Inside is a thick amber mixture of barely and flesh. Cinnamon, and other smells drift off.

"I'm sorry, it's cold, but food is food." Sen says, spoon large piles of stew into wooden bowls. Then he pulls a tray off cookies from the pantry. He sets the bowls and trya off cookies on the counter.

"there you are. I don't like anyone going hungry in this kitchen."
Travis Cole
Tullus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tullus »

*Tullus looks at the food for a moment, then takes the bowl with a swift graceful bow.*

"Indeed, food is food. Eat to live is what is said in so many cultures. I love finding out about new cultures, having been secluded in my old..... *He pauses.* So yeah, I have food. *He begins eatting.*
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."

-Mark Twain
Fox
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Fox »

Fox gave as winning a smile as had ever graced the face of a human child when she saw Sen produce the trey of cookies. With a leap and a bound, she was at them in seconds, daintily choosing one of the confectionary treasures with relish. She ate with slow purpose and undeniable pleasure. When she was done with the first, she moved to chose a second, but paused, looking at all the people around. She seemed to decide that two would be greedy.

The little savage girl tilted her head to one side regarding Sen with exceptionally bright and curious eyes. She seemed to be coming to some conclusion, after which a slow smile spread across her cheerful face.

“We think that you make marvelous cookies, Painted One. And we think that if you are willing to make cookies every morning, we would be more than willing to fetch you eggs for doing so. We are the most clever little fox in the forest, we know where the best herbs grow, when the moonlight mushrooms will be most plentiful, and where the game roams. We will trade you our secret lore of the forest… for your delightful cookies.”
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*to Fox* Try the rolled ones with chocolate, they're my favorite.

*to Eilonwy* Thank you for the kind words Eilonwy.

*To Sen* I think you'd better take the little one up on her offer, or she will deal with another and we will no longer be able ot herbs or game, for she will lead it all to another. *All said with a wide grin*

*to Tullus* Welcome and enjoy.
Fox
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Fox »

Fox gave Lambic a winning smile and took his advice, seeming to see it as permission to have a second cookie. Indeed, the dwarf was correct, for the warm chocolate was like perfection to her delicate palate. She sighed in complete contentment, licking every last crumb and strey bit of chocolate from her fingers.

"We think this dwarf is very wise, besides the fact that he's nice to us." She nodded sagely. "We are nice and helpful to everyone, but especially to those who are nice to us. We would be very happy to always be helpful to you, Lambic."
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"It would be my honor to make cookies. As for eggs, if you find any, I would gladly take them off your hands. I left the female ravens home, and so have none." Sen says with a soft smile.
Travis Cole