!!New!! Skills relating to death and Resurection

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

From the excerpt, that makes a killing a blow a "Charged" ability that can be interupted. Is that correct?
Travis Cole
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I don't think anything with a count is automatically 'charged' for the sake of having a count, but on the same note I think it is supposed to be an uninterupted 5 count, so maybe it is...

Still, either way, I'd say your question is most probably correct in your thinking.
Corbyn wrote:What about attaching limbs/heads, and reinserting organs from sources other than the original? If I want to put Ka's head on Arthos' body, or Robin's arm where Ka's head used to be, is that possible? Maybe that was covered and I missed it...
As of right now there is no swapping of body parts allowed.

As what I have heard, if that is to be allowed it will be in special rules yet to be discussed/voted/released.
Amagus wrote:ERRR But with multiple Healers performing Surgery, you have more than just nine white chips. I believe there're also craft items that may add more white chips to your bag.
Can you have more than one working on one player at once??

You do have a point there with the special item to up chip number.. maybe it should be 'white chips in bag' rather than '9.'
Last edited by Onimaster on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Killing

Post by Nelkie »

So it is my understanding to kill a person permently you only need to destroy their heart or head so they can not be brought back. Is this a correct assumpition? I assuming the head and heart has to intact to recontect it to the body and sussfully bring the person back. I can see new spell, potions, or skills that allows to use other peoples hearts heads, limbs, to bring a person fully back (florin anyone?)
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Nelkie is correct.

Any rule that increases the white chip count will state you can heal more than 9
Last edited by GM_Chris on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

When does the one chip per hour start? Is it 2 chips for 0-59 minutes dead? or 3 chips for 0-59 minutes dead? I'm assuming the later for below. As well, is there a limit to the number of these potions that may be used?

From what I read, it's neat. So if you cut out the heart and chop off the head, there is no coming back (11 chips to draw and only 9 white) without the two reduction potions or spell.

For the most part, I like it but don't really see the need for it. Far simplier to just tell us to stop with the chopping of heads nonsense, and increase the difficulty to res someone (or just remove it too). Same end result. All in all, good job and most of the nitty gritty questions were already asked.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

It's one extra chip per extra hour so that first hour there is no extra time chip(s).

And as far as I was aware, as it stands you can use one potion on a body two if your a master healer...
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

You can have multiple surgeons working on one patient but it does not increase the number of LPs that can be healed (see below). It just makes the odds a little better. Seeing you dont put the chip back in the bag after being drawn, the odds ramp up if draw from just one bag. Drawing from 3 makes that less severe.

Up to 3 additional surgeons can assist. When a surgeon assists they can offer their bag to the injured person. The injured subject must pick the chips from the bag offered to him. The bags of chips are meant to simulate the effects of a very critical and delicate surgery. Once a chip is drawn, it is not returned to the bag until the surgery is completed
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Thanks for the save I am deleting my post hat was incorrect so as to not cause confusion.
Chris
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Now if you have multiple healers performing Surgery, and one of them has surgical tools or whatever to grant additional white chips, what’s the max number of points that may be surgically healed then?

Even if everyone has 10 chips total, the healers performing Surgery must keep track amongst themselves the total points that have been healed – in addition to how many points they’ve personally healed as well as the patients current total life points – all while juggling healing potions (and separating LP healed via potion verses those healed through Surgery) and typically in the chaos of battle. Adding this extra thing to track should be avoided if at all possible (and personally I don’t see the rule adding anything to the game than an additional statistic).

Right now the Healer continues performing Surgery until the patient is out of negative live, the Healer runs out of chips, or the patient has had a total of nine LP healed through the Surgery skill (unless you have an item or ability that changes that point limit).

Just keep it simple: Keep performing Surgery until the patient is out of negative life or you run out of chips.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

We could do that but then I would like to see the part about other surgeons assisting taken out. Being able to bring someone back from that far in negatives is crazy. As a side note, its easy to keep track of how many chips were drawn because the patient doesnt put them back in the bag until its over so just count the number of chips they have in their hand.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Bringing people back

Post by Nelkie »

Massive neagtives is scarry, but easly overcomed. If you have enough people, and the right skills, and luck, you could easly bring a person back from negative 80. Slapping a requiremtn of drawing 9 chips does nothing to stop this. As Doug states, it just another rule to know. this how it can be done via the current rules. Please note this takes 11 level 4 heal potions, a master healer, a level 1 empath, a level 2 healer, and about 10 people being meat puppets, and another master healer healing people,

first aid - 2
emapth transfer life -first aid - 3
potion 1 - 5
potion 2 - 5
surgery - 10
emapth transfer life - first minute bleed to death - 3
emapth transfer life -Extend life - 3 minute - 9
healer transfer life - first aid - 1
healer transfer life - first minute bleed to death - 1
healer transfer life -Extend life - 3 minute - 3

max total before chips - 42

additional life per draw of chips
chip 1 - 1
potion 3 - 5
emapth transfer life - 3
healer transfer life - 1

10 life

max life if 9 chips are drawn

So what is the difference between 132 and a max of 312 (3 healers and drawing 9 chips from each bag). their both insane, takes alot of resources, and many people to do such a thing, and you still run the risk of drawing the red chip.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Epic actions and epic sacrifices should yield epic results. As Nelkie points out, insane levels of revival are achievable with a comparably insane amount of effort and expenditure. I hope you keep it that way.

Right now, someone is unsaveable only because we lack the resources to do so (or don’t consider the life worth the resources necessary to save it). These are readily role-playable situations. If you enact a hard number limit, we instead get situations where we must say “we can’t save him because the rules limit healing in the negatives to ## points.” That sucks for role-play. Yeah, I know we’d just have to say “He’s just too far gone”, but I’d rather have a situational reason than a mechanical one.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Right now, someone is unsaveable only because we lack the resources to do so (or don’t consider the life worth the resources necessary to save it).

I see this as a bad thing. Sometimes someone is just too f***ed up to save.
These are readily role-playable situations. If you enact a hard number limit, we instead get situations where we must say “we can’t save him because the rules limit healing in the negatives to ## points.” That sucks for role-play. Yeah, I know we’d just have to say “He’s just too far gone”, but I’d rather have a situational reason than a mechanical one.
The limitation before was mechanical as well. You can only draw as many chips as are in the bag. The only difference now is the mechanic is lower. Also, when did saying "He's too far gone" become a BAD role-playing moment?

There is a HUGE difference between allowing to heal as many chips as can be drawn from three bags and being able to just draw nine. Its a difference between 134 and 492. Thats a significant difference.

1) First Aid the person for 4 points with a crafted item and administer potions for an additional 10
(Per the current rule set, first aid can only be used once per patient)
2) Apply turnicate to extend Bleed to death by a minute
3) Transfussion for 2 minutes= 2 LP
4) Transferance for 2 minute= 6 LP
5) Healer Stabalizes
6) Transfusion for 3 minutes at 1lp per minute= 3 points
7) Transferance 1 per 20 sec for 3 minutes= 9
5) Do surgery for 10
6) DO additional surgery for 9 and administer potions for an addition 45 (extends time by 9 minutes)
7) Transfussion for 9 minutes= 9
8) Transferance for 9 minutes at 3/minute= 27

Total= 134

-Vs-

1) First Aid the person for 4 points with a crafted item and administer potions for an additional 10
(Per the current rule set, first aid can only be used once per patient)
2) Apply turnicate to extend Bleed to death by a minute
3) Transfussion for 2 minutes= 2 LP
4) Transferance for 2 minute= 6 LP
5) Healer Stabalizes
6) Transfusion for 3 minutes at 1lp per minute= 3 points
7) Transferance 1 per 20 sec for 3 minutes= 9
5) Do surgery for 10
6) Additional surgery from first healer for 14 (With crafted item) extends to 14 minutes. 14 LP plus 70 from potions
7) Transferance for 42
8) Transfussion for 14
9) Additional surgery from second healer for 14 (With crafted item) extends to 14 minutes. 14 LP plus 70 from potions
10) Transferance for 42
11) Transfussion for 14
12) Additional surgery from second healer for 14 (With crafted item) extends to 14 minutes. 14 LP plus 70 from potions
13) Transferance for 42
14) Transfussion for 14

Total= 492
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Looking back at it, I think the best thing to do is drop the 9 point limit on surgery and just not allow anyone else to aid in the surgery. To get the max life healed you are already working with an empath and another healer to stabalize and do transfurance.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

So let me get this strait.

If you had 2 to 3 healrs, 1 empath, and I think you would need 6 to 8 people to move life from for 22 minutes you could bring someone who was at neg 134.

Cool.

But to be honest they have a point Wayne. I mean if they can heal 134 at that point what is the difference between 134 and 450 or what ever both are way reidculus.

We could just simply hard cap what ever neg number we consider to be too high. You hit say neg 30 you are dead proceed to chip draw.
Chris