Another Memorial

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Another Memorial

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Stepping into the Inn, wearing his finest clothes, as well as his battered Phoenix Tabard...he steps up to the mantle with Dallid's shield.. in his hands you notice 3 other Tabards."

"This day is a day no soldier wishes to bear, yet knows he must eventually. This day the Phoenix put to rest the souls of three of it's number. Chargoth Karkan^Vol, DarKarath. These names shall be remembered by their brothers, their deeds rememebered by all. I do not remorse the deaths that have happened.. for they died as any Phoenix may wish to die, in defense of those that they cared for.
The third Claude duSinjin, is another matter.. he too shall be remembered, his deeds never forgotten either, for he will be recounted to all Phoenix as what happens when you let your guard down and let Darkness consume you, his memory shall be the Light that shall guide us away from failing in our duties.
Although not a Phoenix I would also like to say my words of Dallid, as almost all I have talked to, he has saved my life countless times, he has shown me what a true beacon of Light looks liek in Phantara.. and although I shall miss him greatly, I am happy he has been returned to the land he has loved for so long.. and with it Balance is maintained.
Lastly, there was one last fallen, I only knew him as Scout.. I wish I knew more to say words of him, but I had heard he died defending others of Haven in its time of need, and that is all I need to know.
To all of the fallen I salute you *salutes* and I thank you with all my heart for your sacrifices.. Duty or not!"

*With that he tosses the Tabards on the fire and walks over to the bar and pours himself a drink..raises the glass*

"To the Phoenix.. To Phantara.. To the Haven"

*drinks*
Last edited by Ian_McAllister on Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic joins Ian in salute and then in drink. He says nothing but the saddness on his face tells quite a tail.**
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan raises his mug*

"To Dallid, to Chargoth, to DarKarath, to Derek, to Scout, to Claude Du
Sinjin, to all who gave of themselves in defense of this land and our people. May the Light see you safely home."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.