Range master path

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

LOL.

McEwan, that's one word.

:lol:
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Range master path

Post by Kels »

Lambic wrote:
Dereck_Sandoval wrote:note there are many kinds of "guns" out there i.e. airsoft which use small plastic pellets or rubberband guns but to make a gun it should take 24 hours to craft.
I don't have a problem with the rest of it really, although haven't thought about it. But I gotta toss in that this would have to be packect drive, not pellet gun/airsoft or rubber band or paintball. Those just wouldn't be safe. I still have my doubts about using arrows and real bows.

Hey i have not killed anyone......yet. :twisted:
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Kidwynn wrote:Personally in a fantasy setting like FH I don't think gun type of things should be there. I mean archery, throwing stuff...cool, but guns nope.

FF and other games like Word or Warcraft are different and not what I believe Chris and the other GMs had in mind. In short, don't think it should matter if it's tweeked or not, don't think something like that should be in this game.

Nice idea, but seriously not in this type of setting.
Now, that's an odd comment coming from the 'pirate' character that most people see as coming from a 15-16th century era style culture being renown for using flintlock style pistols. FH is a crazy blend of many different genres and historical eras to create a vibrant world (not to mention one where all bets to 'normalcy' are off). There is nothing to say that powder style weapons couldn't or shouldn't be out there. I assume your ship had cannons, and that there are exploding alchemical solutions, and that firearms of equivalent technological scope could be invented... Uzis, NO. But, things like archibuses(sp?) or punk fired (ha ha) muzzle loading weapons have significant precidance.

But yes, finding a way to d them with packets doesn't seem right, and phys reps for something like that are... elusive. I am thinking some kind of nerf or foam using compressed air... would simulate the higher speed and inaccuracy of guns at that level of development, but like I said my intrest is purely accedemic at this point. </tangent>
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Wasn't going for historical accuracy in the gun comment I made. Just don't see a ussage for them in the game since we have the path of archery.

So, what is the beef with the pirates and sailors in the game?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Kidwynn wrote:Wasn't going for historical accuracy in the gun comment I made. Just don't see a ussage for them in the game since we have the path of archery.

So, what is the beef with the pirates and sailors in the game?
Well, we also gave grenadire... and a lot of diffrent melee styles. It's not an issue of already having one thing, but of allowing the possibility of new flavors of character so people can do froggy and interesting things.

Wasn't bashing pirates or sailors... Just pointing out that the type of pirate commonly seen in FH is modeled after a person in an era where guns are common and a part of daily life. Trying to make the point that is we have 'skydivers' in haven then probably somewhere there might be a flying machine or a parachute... if you follow?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Guns

Post by cole45 »

Personally I'm pro anything that people like. If they want asian in ther celts, I'm fine with that. Guns, too. People are smart, and the combination of magic and tech leads to things like that.

Anyway, since we are just blabbing, There are ways of increasing the compression and velocity of Nerf guns to make them shoot farther and harder. Also, placing a heavy rubber tip on their front increases impact, but not dangerously so.

Paint balls, and airsoft guns, i agree would be too dangerous.
Travis Cole
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Guns

Post by Onimaster »

cole45 wrote:Paint balls, and airsoft guns, i agree would be too dangerous.
Not to mention that anything as realistic looking as an airsoft weapon would probably be bad anywhere within two miles of a maximum security prison. LOL
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

All I know is I was on the "old Carps" plot with Chirs, when we got a starnge flat gray thing that looked like a window, and had a strange tail hanging from the back of it...

:) I kept the computer monitor for years, thinking in game it was a scrying device, and that someday I would figure out the magic source to plug it into... to bad we never found the tower to go with it...
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

There are places to get all foam ammo for airsoft/paintball guns. Just stirring the pot a bit :)
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"