Questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Questions

Post by Nelkie »

I finaly got through reading all the post and new rules. I like the changes.
And yes, I had to create a new spreadsheet for all the changes!!

Now here are my questions.
1. Can you combine bonus together when creating an item? backstab sword of balance. +2 to backstab and a -3 count. etcc
2. Can you combine the same bonus mulitple times on one item??
A +6 boom item??? I don;t think tha is possible, but wanted to ask.
3. The house has been stock pilling weapons and armor for trading and replacement. Now that everything has an upkeep, the hose would not had the stock pile philosphy. Would it be possible to convert the items back to resources?? Or at least get some resources for the items? I think it would be unfair to penilize a group because they where able to orginize and plan for the future, and than a rule change negates all that hard work because it would be impossible to upkeep all the extra equipment!
4. what are the rules to create bows and crossbows??
5. What happens to the some tinkered items that are in game currently??
6. How much back time do we have for creating buildings??
7. Can a craftsman boil down weapons and armor to create resources??
8. While charging a bow, if you are hit, you loose the charge. But if you have charged a packet bow and you get hit, do you loose the charge?? I think the packet bow should not be a chaged time, but just a RP time which has to be played out before another packet can be thrown. You should be able to do the count on the run also. The only time an archer should have to stand in on place and play be the charged rules is when they are using a special ability. All the other times should just be roleplayed out.
My Thoughts

Aaron
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Questions

Post by McEwan »

sence I got here firts I thought I would take a shot
Nelkie wrote:I finaly got through reading all the post and new rules. I like the changes.
And yes, I had to create a new spreadsheet for all the changes!!

Now here are my questions.
1. Can you combine bonus together when creating an item? backstab sword of balance. +2 to backstab and a -3 count. etcc
answered in the "crafting questions" thread
2. Can you combine the same bonus mulitple times on one item??
A +6 boom item??? I don;t think tha is possible, but wanted to ask.
even with the upkeep rules that could be a bit evil
3. The house has been stock pilling weapons and armor for trading and replacement. Now that everything has an upkeep, the hose would not had the stock pile philosphy. Would it be possible to convert the items back to resources?? Or at least get some resources for the items? I think it would be unfair to penilize a group because they where able to orginize and plan for the future, and than a rule change negates all that hard work because it would be impossible to upkeep all the extra equipment!
#3 & #7 can be answered here. I'm thinking stuff can be reduced to there basic ingreadiants, but prob at a loss.
4. what are the rules to create bows and crossbows??
yeah, we need those.
5. What happens to the some tinkered items that are in game currently??
there are tinkered items in the game right now?
6. How much back time do we have for creating buildings??
good question. Probibly coming out with any re-write specifics
7. Can a craftsman boil down weapons and armor to create resources??
see #3
8. While charging a bow, if you are hit, you loose the charge. But if you have charged a packet bow and you get hit, do you loose the charge?? I think the packet bow should not be a chaged time, but just a RP time which has to be played out before another packet can be thrown. You should be able to do the count on the run also. The only time an archer should have to stand in on place and play be the charged rules is when they are using a special ability. All the other times should just be roleplayed out.
mostly answered in the bow questions thread. having to stand still when charging packet bows and looseing charges was to keep rules simple.
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Didn't feel like starting a new post for this question but on the "Magical" call-- is this the magic call as used with Enchant weapon and such aka 1 magic?

If so when it says it can hurt phased creatures and spells cannot protect from it, does this mean that if a spell such as Carapace was being used someone swinging magic, or throwing Magic attacks would go right through the protection granted by spells such as carapace or any other protection spell?

Also on the Level 3 grenadier ability.. how does that stack with Rage.. as far as I see there is nothing stopping them from raging and throwing "3's" with whatever they are throwing?

Same question for Archers, can an Archer rage and get the additional point with their bow?
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Well carapce just doesnt exist in any form anymore. Yeah I know it was a sweet spell thus why it is gone.

NExt no swing magic does not do anything spcecial to a player. I think it was referring to lash saying no skill can protect you. Sorry for confusion.

You caanot rage with grenider and archer. Will edit rage to say "melee weapon"

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I got no problem with carapace going away, even though it was kinda beneficial to me..

As for another question.. this came up while we were discussing the rules last night.. I think I know what the answer is already, but just for clarification.

Under grenadier it states that you can throw rocks/knives.. and under Lvl 4 Knight Weapon Focus Blades, it states you get to add +1 damage to swords and knives... So can a grenadier say he is throwing knives and get the lvl 4 knight +1 damage?
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Good question let me get back to you. Thinking no

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

That is the answer I was thinking.. and kinda hoping for.. otherwise that is a pretty easy way to throw a ranged 3 attack.
Nothing can save you!
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

One more question.. about the Special attack rule where you spend a life point and break your weapon to do either vorpal or crush depending on your weapon type? Is the expenditure of this Life Point considered the use of a LP skill or can it be combined with a charge skill or other LP skill?
Nothing can save you!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

It is considered a Life Point activated skill
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Allright.. that answers what I wanted to know.. Thank you.
Nothing can save you!