November Event Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

General Character Archetypes; Orcs are the often abused, always ignored, bigger, stinkier, Step brother types. Not always hated, but definately disliked. There where, (FH) historically speaking, Wars waged by the Orcs, and Dwarves that could definatelly account for tension. But all in all I would say you would be much more inclined to hate the Elves. Down with the pointy ears! That being said.. In Final Haven, while we like the strife, we offer something that every player has wanted at least once in his/her gaming carreer. The chance to play something special. Due to the Cataclism, all bets are off, new veiws are taken, new alliances forged, old hatreds forgotten.

Then again.....
Old habits die hard!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Fun

Post by Nelkie »

BoB

Don't worry about a little misunderstanding. It is part of the game. The little mix up gave an oppurntituy for some great roleplaying. I loved watching the constable and the orc going at it. Great roleplaying both of you. As a peson who has held the constable postion for many years I did not eveny Dovin, but great job on handling the situation. The job of a constable is not an easy one.

It was refreshing to have new blood at the event and I hope the order of the phonix and the orc keep coming back.

And if your character would have attacked the orc, than attack the orc.

Great job everyone
My Thoughts

Aaron
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*BONK*

These guys (the older players) know I am just messin with them.

Bob

You guys did a great job especially for your 1st LARP and I am looking forward to seeing you all out on the field again.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

*commences destroying nearby cube walls with head*

Tonia, consider myself hit. :D Did I ever say I'm rather thick skulled?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

ANd Tonia, keep doing what you're doing - until you figure Donovan and others have beat Human law concepts sufficiently into Grok's thick Orc skull (which should be as difficult as trying to convince someone gravity actually works sideways)! :P

You and your merry band play Orcs extremely well, and I'd hate to see that change because of out-of-game pressure to 'behave'.

Don't know if you were considering having Grok conform more or not, for the sake of other's comfort, but it you were - don't. A little cross-species discomfort is good for the game! :D
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Hey all,

Thanx for all the replys, they've been most helpful. I am in complete agreement with Dallid, Tonia, please don't ease up on me or any of the other newbies -- nor play your character any differently. This was completely my mistake, but it's over and it sounds like everything is cool.

Later,

--Bob-Z
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Almost forgot!

I never had the opportunity to thank the person who fronted the cover for us newbies. Whoever it was, it was very very appreciated by the phoenix players. If you want to hang with us at dinner next event, its on me.
Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

Wow,

I actually have something to say.

The event was great!!! I absolutly LOVED Saturday evening when we were fighting to put that Clock in place. It was non-stop action and was fantastic from the NPCs strategically attacking us to the PCs pulling bodies out of the way so that they can be healed.

Three cheers to Chris, Mike, Treavor, Kevin, and the rest and a big round of drink to all the PCs. It was great fun and now I can't wait until the next event.

-Julie
Brikal Farside
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brikal Farside »

Yo,

It was great playing with you all... had an extremely fun time that weekend. And I second the thank you to the player who fronted us!

The whole thing with the phys-reps was very interesting to watch. Some very awesome rping to see unfold.

Thanx for accepting the newbies.

spence
Good.... Bad.... I'm the guy with the crossbow.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

Yes, it was a blast! The battle for time was awesome. For most of us newbies, it took until Saturday night to figure out what the hell was going on, but after that it was "top drawer."

Great job to all GMs, NPCs, and PCs

Thanks for a great weekend
Ryan
Lost my train of thought.....
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank the creators of FH for my performance increase at work. I'm so obsessed with it, that I find myself checking this damn BB every 10 minutes; however, to be fair, i've limited myself to checking it once per visit at a client's site, so I've found myself performing my job much more efficiently in order to get to the next client and check it again. I'm squeezing in 3 more customers a day, and my billing is up 28%.

THANKS! :wink:

Bob
Moo.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

What can I say....LARP is a sickness :)
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Yep and once you've got the bug it's as bad as EQ. Over the winter I fiend like a crack baby.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Tonia you better keep it up! I plan to have you hooked up with Arthos within the next couple events, and will enjoy watching him squirm as you commence orcish mating activities. From one of the time rifts I snagged a DVD camera-recorder, so the entire town can enjoy the fun, and critique Arthos on his technique!
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Oh, dear me! I did so enjoy giving the paralyzed Arthos mouth-to-mouth thinking he needed healing.... and it was even better watching him squirm and you trying not to laugh your ass off.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops...
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)