The Cold Journey Home

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

The Cold Journey Home

Post by Khorvalis »

***This is a continuation of the “Captured!” online role-playing thread. Players from the online adventure can continue to interact as they begin their long journey home. Other characters that would like to join the online role-play can “encounter” the Heroes as they trek through the wilderness on their way back to Brennondale***

Having defeated the Depraved, for now, the Heroes of Haven finally lead the liberated prisoners from the underground prison to freedom above ground. The Heroes are several days journey from Brennondale.

As they emerge from the darkness of the various tunnels, they are greeted by the biting cold of winter. Fresh snow covers the ground and a bitter wind howls in the distance. The comfort of sunlight, however, peeks from over the mountains behind them, a much-appreciated solace after spending what seems like weeks underground.

It is a tearful good-bye as many of the freed captives decide to leave the group and try to rebuild their lives on their own. Led by Laurel and his deformed wife, Aleah/Nibenwen, they choose to go their separate ways. Many of the elves will return to Sylvandar while the other races say they will find their fortunes in various far-off locales.

However, there is a handful of former slaves that wish to return to Brennondale with the Heroes. Emaciated and clothed but in rags, many of them look weak and barely able to make the trip to their new home. In spite of this, there is a look of joy and resolution in their eyes as they savor their newly found freedom and celebrate the promise of a new day.
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."