A meeting of the Managers

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Re: A meeting of the Managers

Post by Marcus »

Marcus takes the offered mug as Korrigan introduces everyone, but pauses for a moment upon seeing the boy, trying to remember where he had seen his face from. It seemed so familiar. But then he sees the woman over the boy's shoulder, and the memory immediately dawns upon him. He looks at the woman, stunned, and thenhe smiles. She was a familiar woman- a neighbor he knew from his days when he was just the blacksmith's apprentice in the fishing village, and he had not seen her in more than four years.

"By the Light....Illodus- is that you? (he looks from her back to the boy) And then this must be your boy Illund, then? It's good to see you!

I haven't seen either of you since that night! There was all the fighting, and chaos, and then after you were separated from the rest of us in the dark, I thought you might have been.....(he trails off as he looks down at the boy, and clears his throat, arching an eyebrow.) Well, you know what I mean."
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

*My eyes scanning the throng in the tent, I shake my head with a small smirk*

Its a good thing your almost as well off as a dwarven mine owner Korrigan, or you would go broke covering the food and drink alone.

*I move to secure a mug of whatever seems it will muffle the din of the crowd the most and move to stand with the others near Korrigan and old man waterfall, setting my shield against a tent wall post, nodding to the old man while trying to muster a polite smile.*

Oh and no fair bringing the good stuff, hiding it in a flask, and hording it to yourself. This little ambush mob may well require a few kegs to survive Korrigan. If they turn unpleasant, I am on THEIR side...just so ya know. * I grumble softly as I lean into Korrigan*

*I focus my attention on the ones gathered by Korrigan and the old man as introductions are made, trying to take note of which folk seem to have their interest peaked by each manager announced, and home in on the upper mine workers; and also do what can be done to also monitor who comes and goes or looks out of place in he crowd, obviously unable to set aside an old warriors habits and paranoia*
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

A plump little man levers himself through the crowd. He has a tankard in one hand and with the other he pushes a small cake into his mouth. Most don't see him, jostling him around causing a sizable amount of drink to splash onto him, but he doesn't seem to notice. He waves his hand in the air displaying a very fine ring on his index finger betraying his common cloths. He calls out "Master Korrigan...Master Korrigan"..He takes a another bite of cake washing it down with a drink "we have to discuss the fine food you promised master Raphisto"
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

*Fionna enters with children in tow, as usual. While she's dressed in her normal finery, she also wears the dirt of a hard day's work, basket full of herbs. She smiles warmly at all around her.*

Gentlemen, I apologize for my tardiness. Seem's I missed the ride.

*She gives a gentle smile to those she recognizes and looks to the child at her side,*

Please give these to Barry and find yourself something to eat. We did well today.

Have I missed anything?
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

To Marcus

Shes smiles a melancholy smile as Illund gives Marcus a toothy grin. As soon as Marcus takes the drink, the boy runs back into the crowd. Illodus glides over to the knight and rests a hand gently against his chest.
  • He has not been the same since that night. I did not think he was old enough to remember, but he seems to. It may simply be memories that others have given him. He listens to the stories...
She pauses momentarily; her eyes in a far off place. She shakes her head and focuses on Marcus.
  • I do not know if you remember his father, Eolum? He died that same night saving a neighbors family. I have told my son of his courage and of his sacrifice, and of yours. Since he has held his father and you in the greatest of esteem.
She removes her hand from his chest and brushes the hair from her face and runs her finger up behind her ear showing her elven heritage. She takes a moment to wipe a tear away from her face before continuing.
  • He rarely talks anymore, except about one thing. He wants to be as great a man as his father and you. And since you are the one left alive, he seeks to follow you. I do not tell you this for my own purposes, simply so you can ready yourself for when he comes to see you. I know what kind of a life you lead and wish only for my sons safety.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

To Kaylan
The ale you find tastes terrible, but the alcohol content is higher than most for a pale brown drink. After the first few tastes the bitter after-taste tends to subside, but not much.

After smelling a few sweets and eyeing more than one cooked chicken, you notice that the crowd is eating and drinking things that Barry is not offering. It takes a moment, but you realize that quite a few of these people have been traveling for days. Some even have travel tents and bed rolls set up out in the distance.

Your eyes dart around, scanning the crowd for miscreants and ne'er-do-wells. You find yourself uneasy. You can't put your finger on it, but you keep putting your hand on your hammers grip unconsciously.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

To Korrigan

As Korrigan pats Old Man Waterfall on the shoulder, the man looks stunned. He begins to stammer reasons why he shouldn't stand and officiate but Korrigan ignores him and sits down and looks at the old man with a smirk on his face.
  • Ki... Sir... T'ere are so many 'ere, and many more showin' up, my services are needed elsew'ere. Why if I 'ad not been 'ere to care for all t'ese people, who knows w'at...
A slight twinkle in Korrigans eye stops Old Man Waterfall in his tracks. His voice trails off with a sudden realization. He staggers back a few steps and falls into a seat someone set out for him.
  • T'was you... You sent out the 'vitations. You set t'is all up simple t' find someone like me willin' to step up and 'elp when 'e was called. T'is was all just a test!
Korrigan's grin grew larger out of his own control and his eyes practically sparkled, but still he said nothing. Old Man Waterfall sat for a minute trying to comprehend all that he had realized. Finally, he stood up with a determined look on his face.
  • I did stand up. This is a job for me.
His voice cleared, his accent mostly gone and a youthful bounce had developed in the mans step.
  • Sir, I will need a short time to speak with the Holdings representatives to assess their current leaders. Once I do, I will announce each one. Tradition is for each group to be announced followed by an intermission for them to gather. During that time, I will need to speak with you on the peerage of each representative and the titles you have granted to them.
The man excuses himself to gather the information, a youthful exuberance in his eyes.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan looks relieved when Fionna enters. He makes a place for her at his side and gestures for her to join him.*

"You haven't missed anything yet, Fionna, but it looks like we're about to get started."

*Korrigan turns his attention to Master Raphisto's representative.*

"Of course. Why don't you sample the wares we have here and see if anything would meet your needs. If not, we'll peruse some of Haven's more unique foods and discuss an arrangement after the festival."

*After the exchange with Old Man Waterfall, Korrigan gives the him a sharp nod with a knowing smile on his face.*

"You have all the time you need, Master Caretaker Waterfall. Observe the traditions as you see appropriate. I'm sure the everyone would like some time to speak with their new associates. I leave it in your proven, capable hands."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

Alinar watched the cavortings of the crowd, a still figure in a sea of merriment. He was learning so much of so many during these few moments of observation. A smile tugged at the right corner of his mouth, though his eyes held only sorrow. Kroloth would say he was wasting time – that there was no time for observation, only action. Even now these people were likely hatching some near-sighted scheme that could jeopardize the world.

Ridiculous. The High Elves had tried haste – and the taste was bitter indeed. Now it would be Alinar’s way.

The new Haven King was now speaking, and doing very well – his words both inspiring and flattering his people. Did he speak earnestly, or was it just an act? Only time could reveal that. Kroloth would just assume the worst and act accordingly, but Alinar would gather intelligence on the paths ahead of him before choosing the best to take.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

*rothek stood near korrigan as he spoke and looked around at the massive crowd gathered. when he spotted the other beastmen he chuffed and, when korrigan had finished, he walked over to their claimed corner.

" hello again dog-kin, rothek happy to see you again."

*seeing that the dwarves were not far away, he made sure that his dwarven kinship medallion was in view*
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Standing in the far corner, wavering slightly is Sir Bartholomew. His eyes are closed and it's very possible that he is sleeping. Speeches are made and he doesn't move, other than a slight teetering front and back. At one point, a young lady brings him a stool and places a hand upon his shoulder, and he suddenly shouts, "Happy Birthday!" He then sits and closes his eyes again.

A small child near him giggles and Sir Bart opens one eye and stares at the girl, raises one eyebrow, smiles slightly, and then closes his eye again, presumably back asleep.
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

Alinar frowns at the old man’s outburst. Such childishness. But then again, had he even reached his first century in age? Child, indeed. How can these races achieve wisdom when they have so little time in which to do so? Another hint of a smile touches his face as Alinar see’s Bartholomew enjoying the reaction he got from the child. Yet cunning they have in spades. An amusing but very dangerous combination. Guidance is most definitely required. The High Elves were fools to leave them to their own devices for so long.
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

Cirrus worked through the crowd like a piraphin parting a shoal of brisling, though with far less carnage and confusion. The party was still young, after all. Despite her weaving and dodging, her head twisting to greet those she walked past, not a drop was spilled from the three mugs she carried. The Av'yana finally made it through the crowd to the royalty and officiants, allowing her to set one mug at her talons and hold out the other two to Korrigan and Fionna.

"I think a drink is a just punishment for Korrigan saying all of those nasty things about me, don't you Milady?"
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

*As my rumbling dwarven appetite, frenzied by the lure of a feast and a free one at that, wages a the tug of war with the sand-in-your-britches-Esq itch at the back of my neck due to the light fog of "wrongness" struggle for control; my eyes ride over food, then people, then water(or ale as these people call it), and back to food people: which it seems my subconscious seems to have fabricated into existence as a stomach versus gut feeling compromise.
I wander the tent slowly around the edges allowing paranoia to break up the titanic stand off, and focus on brainstorming what evils someone might be planning here, why, and to what end. I finish my tour of the crowd standing near the "front" of the tent close to Korrigan and Fionna, drawing on my gloves on the way.
When I can get his attention, I toss a scowl and a shrug at Korrigan. Then, re thinking, I chose a different dwarven scowl than my usual, so as to not the poor human into thinking things are just as they typically are, before stretching my instincts and sense for the cause of my edginess.*
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

In the back of the large tent, a few men tug and pull at the new canvas. Grunting, one finally succeeds at whatever he was attempting. Suddenly the wind pulls the canvas free from his hands and the entire back side of the tent whips open with a loud snap. A bit chagrinned, he and his fellows begin rolling the canvas back and tying it down to prevent any further interruptions.

Old Man Waterfall stands at the newly open side and directs a few people to sit down nearby. As no additional chairs are around most make do with sitting on the soft grass while a few lay down blankets. Most of the Havenites who sat down within the tent are near enough to the open wall to see and hear the individuals gathering. A small wooden platform appears soon and is placed just outside the open tent wall. To the observant, the platform has obviously been recently made as sap is still oozing out of the wood.

Old Man Waterfall walks over the small stage tapping his walking stick against the platforms boards. A few people sit down around him, but for the most part he is ignored. He looks out at the people still gathering in greater numbers now than before and wonders if he should wait. He shakes his head, "I've waited long enough already." He stands up on the wooden platform and clears his throat.

A few heads turn his way, but most people continued to do what they were doing, which consisted mostly of eating, drinking, and ignoring him. He took a deep breath and pounded his staff against the platform. The ringing echoed loudly into the tent and back out across the field getting louder instead of quieter. By the time it reached the small group of Ga'Vin walking up the distance path they were covering their ears.
  • Good. Now that I have most everyone’s attention, I would like to formally introduce myself. I am Sir Olmen Jonathan Waterfall, First Aide-de-camp of Final Haven as per King Korrigan's decree. It is mostly a title, so please do not worry yourselves. Most people simply call me 'Old Man' on account of my name... and age.
He puffs his chest out imperceptibly to most, though the most observant notice.
  • I am here to introduce the towns and villages that are protected by the great Heroes of Haven! Each of these towns and villages has shown themselves to be fully capable and productive and have shown what the diligence and perseverance of Phanterrans can accomplish. We have all suffered through hardships together. The Cataclysm. The Night of Burning Skulls. The destruction of the Fishing Village. And we will continue to persevere even through the difficult times ahead!

I will start by introducing the villages and their respective leaders from within Final Haven Proper. That will be those from Green Hollow, Robert's Field, Hornberg, Honorwood, and Hunter's Hill. I will give those men and women a few minutes to gather next to me before I continue.