Change in Leadership

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:the beast rothek brought a clawed hand up and covered his face in an embarrassed fashion, he almost looked disgusted as he listened to everyone bicker and argue:

"all sound like squabbling cubs over remains of hunt, make rothek head hurt."

:rothek snorted at cristo and brey as he sank to all fours and crawled toward the door to exit back to the tipsy traveler.:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

"No."

Morgan's voice, rough and tired sounding, echoes from the gate.

"I was there, the night the attack happened. Serith, Gabriel, and Sunny attacked an Abaddon and Mary within the walls of the keep. Neither Mary nor Abaddon attempted to fight back, Mary didn't even have a chance. Abaddon defended himself without doing more than pushing his attackers away."

Morgan enters the courtyard, his appearance haggard, and approaches the group

"When the fight within the walls of the keep ended, with what I thought to be Abaddon's death, the three stripped him of his possessions, and then carved up Mary's body and sent the pieces through the portal to several different locations. I do not know what became of Kami's body. At this point, Serith took Abaddon's body out of the keep to dispose of it, and Sunny offered Johnny Tremaine and another person with whom I am not aquainted a choice between death or coin for their silence. Johnny took the offer for coin, and I don't know what became of the other bystander. At this point Serith returned, saying that Abaddon had escaped, and the three of them went to track him down."

As tired as he looks, there is also sadness in his voice

"I don't know the past between you, nor what drove either party to murder. This is what happened that night, and my one regret these past months is that I did nothing to stop it. In this instance I am merely presenting evidence, and will do so at the trial if either side wishes it. It is known that I have no ties to Abaddon, nor to Christo and Brey, nor to Esmerelda, Serith, Sunny, or Gabriel, outside of fighting for our lives beside them."

he sighs and hangs his head

"Unfortunately, there is another matter that should be brought to trial as well. That of the masterminds behind the slaughter of the dwarven strongholds that took place last moon. Men, women, and children slaughtered without remorse, them placed in an attempt to make it look as though the attack was made by the Red Tear. The people who hired the mercenaries should have told them to cover their tracks."
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

"ENOUGH!!!"

The Lord Marshall has been watching and listening to the announcement turn into an argument and finally devolve into threats from his tower window. He takes a moment to gather his thoughts before storming down the stairs and out the door. As he marches over to the assembled group the Star is clearly visible, shining from his forehead. He keeps his arms folded, hands well away from any of his blades, but the fury and anger he's feeling is clearly visible underneath his paint. He makes it a point to stand a slight distance away, and addresses everyone present.

"Have you all no shame?! To think that I watched my lifeblood flow from me on this very ground when we worked together and fought so hard to reclaim this land... And now, instead of planning and preparing for the future you stand here bickering and fighting amongst yourselves on who would make the best leader, and who should be put on trial. While Haven's enemies gather information and grow in strength, the most pressing concern from you lot seems to be who can throw the most accusations... "

He stands there, fuming, waiting for anyone to respond
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

Post by BrodderHammerfall »

*on one of the walls of the keep many can make out a familiar looking dwarf dragging a table and chair getting a better seat to this event as it where he pulls out his large mug and many small flasks pouring them all into the large mug he takes a large sip a smile crossing his redden face as he wipes his beard letting of a refreshing sigh he sets down the mug and positions his chair for a great view then lays out a sign on the table that say "Taking bets" .
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Garritt looks to Paer'An, slightly wide eyed.

"Sacred Feth of the Forest, even he thinks this is ludicrous.

And all that you said about the results of hard work, Paer'An, is why I wonder who the hell pissed in everyone's oatmeal this morning. I don't usually have a problem with anyone here, not one damn bit. But if they are going to insist on suddenly exploding at me or my friends, I'm going to damn well take it upon myself in defense to point out how they aren't a 'Paragon of Perfect' either, to go taking the high-horse. Yourself included, Paer'An.

I frankly don't have a clue what was so wrong with the status quo, or why if everyone had all these problems, they waited until the focus of that anger left to go crazy.....though in retrospect, I think if I had let Rylls speak for the two of us on the matter, he wouldn't use all the expletives.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"Well said Lord Marshal..."

Mohdri steps in the keep walls, his unease inside the barracades still present as usual.

"Oh and Dallid to make this a true vote of the people, shall I start with the Mining village or the Fishing village and send for a vote from ALL of those who live in Haven? To only count the vote of people here is... what was that term?... oh yes an "Oligarchy"... a rule by a few over many, the ultimate expression of which is a "Monarchy" the rule of one over many.

Esmerelda was set up as a Monarch, like it or not. Call it "Elder", "Sovereign" or woozl wuzzl for all I care. She still is until she's dead or someone takes it from her. And I think a lot of people here, and not here, would have a lot to say about that. No Esmerelda, probably no Roderick, probably no Elves, and Haven stands alone again, and probably as factionalized as is was before the Night of Burning Skulls. Two steps forward, 15 steps back. You remember what it was like then, don't you Dallid?

Most of you (he addresses all) remeber only TWO factions fighting each other in Far Reach. Those were the only two WHO HAD REPRESENTATIVES LIVE THROUGH THAT CURSED NIGHT!!!! AND YOU, well is seems some of you (he looks at Brey and Dallid) WANT THAT BACK AGAIN!!!! She IS a unifying force, present or not.

You want a vote Dallid, call the representatives from the local villages and let's vote...."
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Sounds good to me. Most of the resources we use up here in "The Heroes Quarter" come from someone in the surrounding villages, in trade for us protecting their families and livelihoods. We aren't here to crawl through dungeons and get magic swords of power. We are soldiers, and are here to serve the common good in the place of those who lack the skills.

The people are as important as we are to Haven as in any kingdom, and should have a say in what affects them.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Brey, I suggest you ask Fionna what she meant by her words - it would be far more productive than wild public speculation."

"Modrie, I have releyed Emerelda's standing as it was explained to me when she was chosen: She is Haven's top representative, with the title of Queen chosen soley for external politics. Haven only remains unified while everyone believes they have a say in who stands in ultimate authority. They had that say with Esmerelda. To alter that understanding and declare the people have no say over any subsequent authority will lead to sharp factionalization. The best path - likely the only path - to continued unity is to continue to let everyone maintain a say in their chosen representative."

"And worry not. I have all ready traveled the lands to let the citizens know of this meeting. The results of this confidence vote will be discussed by the Magistrates. Should an election be deemed necessary - and at this point there appears a high chance that it will - candidates will be reviewed and a system worked out to best ensure a secure and complete voting process."

"However, if you would rather pursue the route of interpreting Esmerelda's position as a true monarchy, that is your choice. Gather your supporters and seek to enforce that stance on Haven. I, for one, will not condone it."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Morgan, I had not before heard that Sunny threatened the lives of others that night. Please do attend the hearing and recount the events you witnessed.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

"I'll be there."
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Aren't you all wondering why every time the murderers, and accessories to those crimes are asked why it happened, we receive idiotic answers that make no sense, and then they leave without another word? It's because there is nothing they can say to make it seem as if what they did was justified. They try to weasel their way out of it with a few words and then they leave once they know they haven't convinced anybody because they know that what they did was wrong. Sunny left the Inn when questioned. Serith went upstairs, and Fiona was sitting right over there having a quiet evening enjoying the night air until her credibility was brought up, then she suddenly had some place to be.

Let me give you some examples so it doesn't seem like wild public speculation. When questioned about the murders, and why there was not another trial Fiona said:

“There was more information brought to light after the trial. Abaddon's assailants, as you all feel it's necessary to call them, did what they were ordered to do by their queen. She did not go back on her word. She and those she appointed acted on new information.”

I asked what information this might be and Serith said:

“the information we received was that Abaddon was doing something to those girls that was VILE, and we acted upon it, which was my DUTY, as appointed to me by Esmerelda."

I said:

“I'd like to know where the deaths of the women and child fits into all of this? If they were your scapegoat on why Abaddon should be "taken care of" then why were they murdered as well?”

Serith's reasoning for Marys death was:

"Mary was a troubled child” and “it was her own wishes to learn magics that were at the very least, WAY to ADVANCED for someone of her age, and not having the ability to control them. She was also more than willing of learning dark arts”

On Kami's death, he stated:

“she was in charge of one of the most LUCRATIVE black markets I have ever seen” thats why she was killed

Then in response to mine and Serith's statements Fiona said:

“It was under the order of the queen. Thus it is not murder. She is the queen, her word is law. That is it. As to Mary and Kami, Serith is right. Besides, everyone in Haven has a right to protect themselves if they are attacked. As far as I understand, Mary and Kami struck first. It is a tragedy. However, again, it is not murder. We must move on.”

Then Morgan gave us his witnessing statement about what happened on the night in question.

"I was there, the night the attack happened. Serith, Gabriel, and Sunny attacked Abaddon and Mary within the walls of the keep. Neither Mary nor Abaddon attempted to fight back, Mary didn't even have a chance. Abaddon defended himself without doing more than pushing his attackers away."

Three known murderers still walk these lands without repercussion until the time for their trial. That means the people of Final Haven will be unsafe for another month from these individuals. Quite possibly after the trial as well if our leader does not take this matter seriously. Which by what she has already stated rings painfully true. She said she does not like Abaddon, and the crimes done were not murders. This is not wild public speculation, these words came straight from their mouths.

Dallid, do you think if it had been you or Esmerelda, and a different Queen had promised you safety and then ordered the two of you assassinated, Fiona would just say we should let this go and move on? No, it's because she does not like the people it was done to and she lacked the good sense to know that it was wrong.

She was just sitting over there doing nothing by that tree when all this started, and when it was time for her to hear the opinions of the people and act on them, she suddenly had somewhere else to be. We don't need a leader who will run away from these important issues when she is needed. We need a leader who knows the difference between right and wrong and will stand up, and do what is right. Not someone who wants to sweep it all under the carpet and forget the matter altogether.

Morgan says the three threatened to kill any who would not keep their mouth shut about the murders. The people of final haven who are too weak to defend themselves from such an attack will be too scared to voice their opinion on this. Especially if Serith, Gabriel, and Sunny will be walking around freely and unsupervised until their trial, which is a month from now. More than enough evidence has been brought about to detain them until we can handle this matter, but our leader will not do that for us, or even think it is necessary. We should detain them so that the people who wish to voice their opinions will not be silenced because of their fear of being slain in the shadows by these already proven murderers, which they have already stated they will do. Detain them until the trial, and keep the citizens of Final Haven safe.
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Belric

Post by Belric »

Brey makes some very good points, and I think that Fiona would be a bad choice for Final Haven's leader while the Queen is gone. Cristo would make a great choice if you ask me.
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Garritt looks askance at Brey.

"Are you sure you're not a Witch Hunter???

Anyway, I still wanna know why you picked a random Tuesday night to explode all over us, four months after the fact. Noone's answered me that yet, have they? Just slung mud all over everyone within shouting distance. Were you just waiting for the right time to stage a coup?

(he looks around the room)

Also, I can't understand why any of you think you should berate the Queen, a lady, when she's not here to defend herself......

....And back to you Brey. Why does everyone leave? It's either that or sit there and be screamed at by someone who looks as if their eyes will pop from their head if they get any more intense.

What's the point? You've said your opinion, and then again several more times, each louder than the last. You even try to bully people into staying so they can hear it again, and this time out of context!

(Garritt looks to Cristo and speads his arms pleadingly and speaks softer.)

Brey wants you in charge, so do some other people. What's your opinion on this whole mess? I honestly want to know as one man to another, with absolutely no sarcasm on my part, and no yelling from anyone else.

(Kiel check PM's)
Last edited by Garritt on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Francesco looks up at Garritt for a moment. He had been on bent knee for a moment, waiting for Fionna's response

"These crimes have been a concern with me from the begining. I am just not want to be so vocal before I had confirmed with someone other than the accused about the Queens hand in all of this. It has been confirmed now by someone who acts as the queens regent. Her word is as good as the Queens."

"For that reason I bow before her and ask to be released from my duty here. She is in no way obligated to do so. It is a request."
Last edited by Francesco DeLemuerte on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

From the other side of the window, just past where the light safely reaches, Slade's slow drawl can be heard loud and clear. "If Francesco steps down, I'd be happy to step into his role."