A quiet evening...

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

A quiet evening...

Post by Fionna »

Late in the evening, after dinner had been served, Fionna finds herself outside as usual. Sitting under a tree in the courtyard of the keep, a single tear rolls down her cheek. In her hands she holds the circlet that belongs to Esmerelda.

"Can I really do this without her?" she says only loud enough for her to hear. There is a long pause. She looks at the circlet and ponders.

"I need to." She concludes, sounding resolute. "These people need a fair, honest voice. They are my family now and I must be there for them. I will miss her, but I need to be here."

Again she looks to the piece of jewelry and thinks. This time there are no tears.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

*Val exits the castle and moves across the courtyard towards her library. She pauses when she notices Fionna under her tree with the circlet. She stands there for a moment more not knowing if this is a time where one would need the comfort of another, or if one should be left in their own thoughts. Human emotions tend to be complicated.*

*Gasping a deep breath, Val moves towards Fionna and kneels in front of her, off to the side.*

"Might I offer you a bit of company?"
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

"I will always take the offer of company from a friend. Thank you."

She pauses for a moment, seeming deep in thought. She turns to her new friend,

"Val, I know we don't know each other well, but I would like to ask you something. I don't know if I can sleep in that bedroom alone, would you like to move into the room with me?"
Fionna MacNeil

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

*Val takes a moment to take in Fionna's words. The proposal caught her a bit off guard. She smiles slightly at Fionna.*

"I fear that I would not be able to offer you much in the way of protection. If you are looking for companionship, I may not be the best choice, but I will assist you as best I know how. I will certainly provide you company in your quarters if that's what you wish. I can begin having my things moved in whenever you would like."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith as always is atop the battlements of the castle looking out over his adopted home, surveying the land below for any signs of the dangers he knows all too well exist. He looks upon the two women talking and a small smirk forms on the left side of his mouth.

*Stalking along slowly across the parapet, Serith leaps down and lands just to the side of the two ladies next to the tree and with practiced precision, brings his hands to his ears for the inevitable scream of fright that will accompany both of the ladies from his sudden appearance.

"I am sorry, I couldn't resist the chance to sneak up on both of you at the same time, it was more than I could handle."

*Smiling still at Fionna

"You are what the town will need, and Esmerelda couldn't have picked anyone better, you are a caring voice, a giving nurturer, and a hot blooded Caladoniaian who wont ever let someone hurt her family or friends."

*Gives her the Nod

"You are gonna do Fine."

*The Smile leaves Serith's lips, and a more serious look appears

"But I am afraid our first course of business is upon us, the magics I was sensing in the City of Sand was something I had felt here back in Haven. We know that the Red Tear has taken up shop nearby, and now I feel that I may have been able to almost pinpoint where they are holing up."

*Serith leans down and unrolls a map that Garritt had made for him pointing out the location on it.

"I intend to do some recon work with Garritt to gather as much information as I can to give us an advantage when the time comes to strike at their wretched hearts."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Fionna starts with the sudden appearance of Serith. After his initial vote of confidence, she pulls herself upright, her resolve apparent.

She looks to Serith, "I know. I have already sent word that once the Red Tear are found, our military forces will be sent in. There is much work to do. I trust your judgement and that of Garritt. Please find out all you can and let me know. I want to kept appraised of the situation at all times. Do not provoke them until we have proper support."
Fionna MacNeil

Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

"Lady Fionna may I have a word with you?"

He stands at the doorway and makes a slight bow

"I have heard claims that certain individuals were given the go ahead to execute a pardoned criminal and a girl under the enchantment of a necromancer. They claim that you were present for this conversation. Do they speak the truth? Did the queen give these people the authority to commit murder?"
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

*Val jumps at the sight of Serith jumping out of no where. By the look on her face, she was not as pleased with his prank as he was. She stands silently listening to their exchange. At Francesco's words, Val turns to Fionna, curious to hear what this matter is all about.*
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

"Francesco, are we really going to have this conversation shouting across the court yard?"

Fionna rises from her place beneath the tree. Dusting herself off, straightening her skirts, she calmly walks to Francesco, a new found confidence in her step.

"Yes, what you ask is true. She gave them permission to take care of a problem. I was present for the conversation."

She gently pushes the old knight aside and heads into the keep.
Fionna MacNeil

Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

The old man is struck with visible shock at Fionna's words. It is very obvious that this was not the answer he expected. That shock slowly transforms in to sadness.

"I have failed..."

Francesco's takes a deep breath as he tries to hold back his emotions. Maybe if their father was there for them it wouldn't have turned out this way. The knight knew that Esmerelda had always a wild streak but never imagined that she was capable of such atrocities. Ordering the lives of people to be taken with nothing more than hearsay. Allowing necromancers to roam the lands practicing their craft.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

While everyone else had made their way into the castle, Val remains in the courtyard under Fionna's tree. After a brief time gone by, she adjusts herself so that her back is leaning against the trunk of the tree and folds her legs under her velveteen dress. Val tilts her head back to look up into the branches and canopy of the tree against the darkening sky. She lets out a heavy breath in an attempt to find a moment to relax, in the once quiet evening turned about by the happenings inside the castle.