Guard Duty

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Gil-Galad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Gil-Galad »

"Necromancer, you have just proven to me your inadequacies as a sorcerer an a person. You are an irresponsible user of magic. Perhaps you should learn to assess a threat by sight before slinging spells wildly. And if you ever attempt to cast a spell upon myself or my ward, there will be consequences most dire. You have been warned."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Please keep in mind that the Elves are no longer our foes, but our allies, and respect most often must be given before it can be received. “

Dallid pauses as the beast girl skitters in amongst the group and sidles up to Gil-Galad. He smiles.

“A second beastman? It would seem a new tribe has settled near Haven. At least –“

He freezes in shock and anger as Ashearth casts his spell.

“You would so idly steal the freedom from someone who is obviously of no threat?! You consider her life so trivial? A plaything?! I assure you, it most certainly IS NOT! A beings’ will is its most precious thing, and should NEVER be so casually trifled!”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

"there was no way to know if it was a threat or not, the beast wears a slave collar and did not come in introducing herself, as stated, this is a humane way of determining the creatures intent. now that there isn't a threat we all can rest easy. you all seem so high strung."

Turning to the elf

"it wasn't my intent to offend, you did not introduce the creature either, nor that you had a ward, for the brief time you have been here i don't know if anyone knows it. regardless, i did not harm her nor you, and oftentimes in defense of this town my spells will wash over the good people and harm those who are trying to harm us. so i cannot promise you will be untouched by my spell. moreover, i will not apologize for my action, if you were in my place and you saw a creature coming to a place where your ward is, and you had a way of insuring her safety without harming anyone wouldn't you do it too."

speaking to the whole group.

"i have done no actual harm to anyone, I have also in ,my time here done what i could to help complete strangers, which put me at risk. for no other reason than to try to start a new life. i have however received nothing but strive and hatred. i say to you, i am not even inside of the keeps walls, if you do not wish to speak to me than so be it, walk inside, if my blood and actions towards aiding this town hasn't spoken enough than they never will."
Gil-Galad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Gil-Galad »

"Justify your act any way you like, had your spell succeeded you would have stolen the will of a living creature, intelligent or not. That is evil. Not a doubt crosses my mind on this."
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Franchesco takes a step towards Ashearth with the blade still in his hand.

"You always have some 'justification' for your actions, but you will not manipulate your way out this time. Place your weapon on the ground and keep your hands in sight. If you choose not you shall be struck down where you stand. This is your warning."
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

At the sudden influx of raised voices, Cariel's ears flattened against her head. A soft whimper escaped her and she hunched down behind Gil-Galad, gnawing harder on the strip of leather. She clung to Gil-Galad's sleeve still, but her posture was tensed, ready to run.
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

"i have performed no crime, you may take my weapon if you wish, i well not be goated into drawing it"

Ashearth raises his arm so the old man may take his weapon

" in the fact that i have not harmed a citizen of this land i have not broken my aggreement with your queen."

he pulls out a parchment with the queens writings and hands it to the pearan

"since he is the man with authority here why dont we let him deside"
Gil-Galad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Gil-Galad »

"I suppose that is fair. But know this, Ashearth: his decision on your fate now has no bearing on future incidents. And it certainly changes no opinion of mine. Tread lightly, for my eyes are keen, and my ears tall. And I have no reservations about reporting you and assisting in your arrest if I must. And know also that I will defend myself and my friends in any way I can."

*He looks away from him and directly into the face of Paeran. His face is calm, but his eyes are intense.*

"Lord Marshal, if you would?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“We *are* standing in your place, Ashearth, and none of us saw any sign of hostility from Cariel. Still, had she been intent on attacking, I would not hold your act against you, even if I loath the method.”

Dallid takes a deep breath and continues in a more subdued tone. “I realize you are trying hard to prove your worth to those of Haven. You saw the charging child and perceived a chance to save the day without any bloodshed. Such a goal is always admirable, and indeed, no harm was done. Still, the act was very much unnecessary, and I hope you consider your actions more carefully in the future. Also keep in mind an apology at the appropriate time can go a very long way.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Vaal walks in and crosses his arms. He smiles and gives Asher a wink cracking his knuckles. "Franchesco, this bit of burnt pork giving you a hard time?"
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Franchesco lowers his blade and takes Ashearths maceand tosses it a few feet away

"No Val. He won't be a problem. The lord marshall here just has to decide what shall be done."

The old man turns to Paer'an

"Is he truly within his rights? Are people simply allowed to cast spells on people with no prior consent?"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

"He's Evil, there should be no reluctance or beurocracy required."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

Post by BrodderHammerfall »

A hefty looking dwarf can been seen in the distance striding towards the keep as he stumbles here and there the dwarf seems to be carrying a spear and armored some what as he gets closer to the group the people (if they take note) will see that he has been thoroughly ruffed up a black eye here some bruises on exposed skin and of course stinking of cheap whiskey he sees all the people and stops a moment* Well iffin this ain't a fine day i find a castle an' so many people tae greet me *he sways in place slightly staring at the group of people then looks around for a door or a fire *
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Vaal walks to greet his brother dwarf examining his bruises> "seems you have had an adventurous journy cousin. Come in and share a drink with me and tell me of the tale."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
BrodderHammerfall
New in Town
New in Town

Post by BrodderHammerfall »

*he squints a moment looking at vaal then perks up seeing that he is a dwarf* Oye there ! *he extends his hand to offer a proper greeting* Always guud tae meet kin out in tha world , an that sounds great maebe summthin better then the cheap piss ale i've been forced tae live off of *he chuckles abit* Brodder O' Clan HammerFall pleased tae meet ya