in search of answers

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire bows in his seat humbly:

"thank you for your understanding, if i may ask of you yet again.

would you allow me sit in with you for her training, so i may......

:sapphire paused longer than he usually did, he was trying to chose his next words carefully as to not offend the old man further:

"relearn, the ways of the An'irri."

:the witch hunter took another drink from the small cup, however this time there was the slightest tremble in his hands as he lifted it to his lips, partially from embarrassment, he took a cleansing breath inward and steadied himself before setting down the cup and returning eye contact to the old man:
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"You are most welcome here. I would refuse none of us anything." Abaddon says, sipping his tea.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods his head. “Yes, you would do well to ask Paer’an about his ‘eyes’. I would think you share a common goal.”

He turns his attention to Zydana. “And what goals have you, if you don’t mind me asking? Surely there is more than the role of servant.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

When addressed, the painted woman looks up at Dallid briefly. Her glance then moves to Abaddon and becomes fixed there for a moment. She looks to him as though the answers were there, painted in the runes of his mask. Although she says nothing, her eyes do not betray the feelings of fear, sorrow and despair. Her attention is returned to the spot on the table before her.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Kami does not do well with so many people. I found her in the clutches of a monster some six or seven years back. I have so far been allowing her to come along on her own, but my efforts were stymied. The day I had her interact at the ball she was harshly treated and has been in her shell since then." Abaddon says.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dalllid nods. “An unfortunate tale. Rest assured we are all allies here, hoping for the best. But if conversation is not an option, I would like to try something else. Kami, would you permit me a glimpse into your mind?”
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Kami, you can trust Dallid. He wants to see in your mind. He is not going to hurt you, just look in your sleeping dreams." Abaddon says, looking at kami. "Its your decision to make."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

She doesn't move. She remains looking down on her spot on the table. After a long silence she finally replies in a very quiet voice.

"I would not wish that on the Dallid."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid's eyebrows rise at the unexpected response. "As Abaddon said, the choice is yours, however I ask that you not hesitate on my account. I prefer to believe my psyche is not that fragile."

"Besides…” He goes on with a smile, “We are all part of Phanterra – our minds are all ready one and very much open to each another. However, “He taps a finger against his temple, “That is much too much for a mortal mind to process. This simple avatar requires a precision focus to see clearly – please allow it such.”
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire bows toward abaddon in his seat:

"thank you, it shall be a great burden lifted from me to once again know the ways of our people again, perhaps in time i will be able to be more comfortable in the lands of haven"

:sapphire relaxes somewhat and now watches the exchange between Dallid and Kami with curiosity:
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

((OOC: I know the one day has come and gone but I would like to try to continue this thread.))

While Dallid speaks she does not move. Sapphire's words break some of the silence, but after, it would seem that yet again all attention is on her. Still, she seems to make no effort to move or reply. Time passes in silence. It would seem as though to not answer would make all eyes on her shift their attention to something far more interesting.

Eventually though, she does respond still looking down at her spot on the table in her quiet voice.

"I am not of Phantara. I would fear what The Dallid would see."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

For a moment Dallid’s gaze hardened, all warmth vanished from his eyes. But just a moment, before he was himself again.

“So many beings have believed as you – that the Cataclysm or some new-found portal brought them to Phanterra from afar. Yet in truth they were always of Phanterra. The Cataclysm rearranged her physical plane on a grand scale. When these people awoke to find themselves surrounded by flora, fauna, and landscape so different from what they knew, they believed themselves to be upon another world entirely! Same for those magically transported vast distances by a gateway. In truth, they had been but moved to a distant place in Phanterra, or such distant places had been moved to them.”

“Many Tsunotaurs had thought this, as had the Phoenix Guard. Perhaps you might also have misunderstood your apparent migration?”
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

She again looks up at Dallid briefly and looks back to Abaddon. She could feel everyone's eyes upon her. Her sad eyes find no answer, no way out in Abaddon's mask. She looks back to Dallid, not making eye contact, and again in her quiet tone speaks, "I do not understand. I do not wish to anger The Dallid."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid smiles at Kami. "You have not angered me, and I doubt you will. Though there may be opportunity for benefit for all in what you say. Do you believe you are not of Phanterra in the same way most Valkin'Vi do? Or were you perhaps born in another realm?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I have not figured out where Kami is actually from. It is not mistrallia but she is special. I would heed her warning Dallid. I think its better for us to let her sleeping mind awaken on its own."