Taking care of Mary

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Mary-Bella
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mary-Bella »

Mary comes through the door with the frying pan Big Mama asked her to get. Hearing the last sentence of what Franchesco said and her smile widens.

"You play the watching game too Nice-Angry man?"

She skips to Big Mama and hands her the pan. She goes to Ashearth and puts her small hand in his. She looks up at him smile faint and asks

"Why do I make so many people angry at you? You said when they have a problem with me to go to you.. so does that mean they are really actually angry at me? I didn't know i did anything wrong.. Maybe we really should leave.. people wont be angry no more.."

She ponders for a moment then the smile returns to normal. She looks at everyone with that almost ever present smile then up to her teacher.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“No, Mary, no one is angry with you. Nor, I think, is anyone angry with what Asher has done concerning you – though some are concerned with his intentions. Trust is easily destroyed, but takes much time and toil to build. That would be another benefit of staying nearby for the time being – allow trust to increase.”

“Asher merely needed to be reminded of his commitments, which he has stated he will abide. However, Asher, if you still wish to pursue a temporary reprieve of such conditions – which I do not advise at this time - you must speak with Esmerelda.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Mary-Bella
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mary-Bella »

"Trust is something Daddy talked a lot about. Daddy said above all else.. even if someone doesn't like it.. to trust my heart. He said as long as i trust my heart everything will work out. He said that a lot.. i always said I know daddy.. but now i wish i had talked to him more... I used to just want to play when mommy and daddy told me important things.. i listened but i didn't want to be there. Now i want to learn but my parents are gone.."

She pauses for a moment and takes a few breaths.

"That's ok because when teacher tells me important things i want to listen."
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

Upon entering the building, the Guthrie approaches the bar where pies so often sit. He stands on his tippy toes to get a good look at what is up there... and sees several sweet morsels left over from the night before... but no pies. Feeling slightly disappointed, the Guthrie grabs a few morsels to nibble on. At the taste of them, his disappointment is instantly forgotten, and he grabs a seat near the sweet smelling dwarven woman and so he can figure out what everyone is so excited about.
The Wanderer
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

Looking at Dallid
"you are absolutly right. before i teach my ward the world, she must first know her home. seeing as i am new here perhaps there are some here that could take mary and I on and teach us your ways. what the laws are, how people react to different things. i believe it is a wonderfull idea you had and thank you for your patience with me and mine."

Turning the the rest of the collected people

"thank all of you for coming to our defence. all we want is refuge and a home. for those of you willing to let us in, well, we couldn't have asked for anything better."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"That is likely the greatest gift Haven has to offer - a chance."
Big Moma
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Big Moma »

"Now that you mention it baby, I don't too much no the laws her either.... " said Big Moma with a puzzled expression...

"What's the law on cursin folks?" I'm a make that boy Chance take this here curse off Big Moma, I caint help folks who need helpin if I stay tired like this..."
Mary-Bella
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mary-Bella »

The little girl skips over to Big Moma and tucks herself under her arm. She looks at her and smiles bigger

"Don't worry Big Moma. We will get your curse taken off. It's wrong to make someone so good at helping others tired like this."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Perhaps it would be best for you, Big Momma, and Chance to assemble before the Magistrates to discuss the situation."
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

When Franchesco hears Big Moma speak of her curse a look of dismay crosses his face

"Chance cursed you?!? Why would he ever do such a think? He will be brought in to answer for his action against you. To such a thing to a valued member of this kingdom is despicable."
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

After hearing about Big Moma's curse and everyone's reaction, Goonter nods toward Franchesco

"I agree with what the old man said. If that Chance guy doesn't be more careful, I think things may not go to well for him."
The Wanderer
Big Moma
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Big Moma »

"Thank you babies, but let's not get all upset about Big Moma," said the Dwarf, hugging little Mary.

Now that everyone's attention had been brought to her, they did notice a difference in her appearance, as well as her demeanor. She had developed great shadows beneath her eyes and seemed off balance, even clumsy. Her face had grown pale and it looked as though she were struggling to keep her breathing in check. Every once in a while she'd take in a sudden and deep breath, as though she were too tired to even remember something as easy as inhaling. Even the smell of her cooking spices had grown faint.

"Big Moma just don't know what to do about that Chance. I know he means well, but that poor baby is misguided. He thinks Big Moma done stole from him and what's worse he thinks cursin Big Moma'll fix it"
Big Moma
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Big Moma »

"Oh," added Big Moma (she was a little out of it) "Dallid baby, tell Big Moma a lil more bout these here magistraties or whateva you called em"... "They wouldn't hurt poor Chance would they? All Big Moma wants is for him to take this ol curse off"
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

"now, lets not be jumping the gun on this chance fellow. perhaps theres a deeper meaning behind his actions other than dispicable behavior. from what i understand of that man he is deeply rooted with his peoples traditions, now they may not be the same as some of yours but talking to him may be a better way of dealing with it than calling him a villan for his actions."
Big Moma
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Big Moma »

"Oh, and Fanchesco baby, Big Moma gonna have to remember to teach you about the very special gift of moderacy. Baby you gets too worked up too much, Big Moma worried bout yo heart... Here baby have a little of Big Moma's lemonaid it's good for ya"

she reaches in her bag and pulls out a container and reaches out to hand it to Franchesco, "Big Moma learned this here recipe from her Great Big Ol Moma... That be my moma's moma's moma."

"Come on baby, don't fiddle faddle"