An Unwelcome Surprise

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

An Unwelcome Surprise

Post by Esmerelda »

It was a low key night at the keep. For once there wasn't a sudden crisis that needed to be dealt with immediately- no monsters attacking, no visions of the end of the world. Supper had been a merry affair, with much joking and a calm sense of comraderie enveloping all who were present.

The dishes were all washed and put away. The morning's bread had been set out to rise overnight. A friendly match of chess involved several of the keep's residents. Fionna and Val were working in the alchemy lab. Everything seemed right for once. Deciding to go for a quiet perch on one of the towers, Esmerelda headed back to her room to grab her shawl for some protection against the brisk evening air. As she opened the door to her room, the latern light glinted off something white upon the floor.

Another letter. So many of them lately! Wondering whom this one was from, she smiling picked it up. Her smile soon faded as she began to read, and her in her horror she let out a small cry of fear and anger...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid appeared in the doorway, a dagger held ready in the event of close-quarters fighting. Despite the drawn weapon, his voice was calm.

"Is there a problem?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: Puruising the hallways of the keep the alabaster body bristled at the sound of a scream. The obsidic jaw worked as an ivory smile lit behind black bladed teeth. Legion was off at once on a full sprint towards the source, more than likely a bit further than Dallid had been. Sooner or later he'd get there. :~

~: Wait...was that scream from the left...or the right? Always go with right... :~
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

White faced, she turns to Dallid.

"How dare he!" she stammers in rage and fear.

She hands him the piece of paper.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: Left...right...right...left....CRASH! Legion had just rounded a corner, hauling his white marble posterior and those black poofy ninja-like pants at top speed when he flew right by Esmerelda's door. Kicking up on his heels to try and slow himself while simultaneously twisting at the waist to try and change his course of direction had him perfect the most epic slide down the remainder of the hallway and into the wall located there. :~

~: With a grumble and much brushing and bruising of the pride he would stand, muttering something about walls being in the way, and Esmerelda's door not having enough bells and whistles. He would have to rectif..no..no no...don't think like that...don't think like him. A snarl erupted from behind his deathly visage as he arrived behind Dallid, intent on discovering the source of the commotion in his fowled mood. :~
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark slowly walks around the corner with his scarf in his hand, flicking it at the floor. apearently he had been taking a drink when the scream had broken the silence of the keep, as well as his grip he had on his cup.

he stands curious and tries to peek over Legion and Dallid at the letter, but to no avail, so he decided best to just cross his arms and lean against the wall waiting until someone explained the situation.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid watches Legion’s overzealous efforts with amusement and sheaths his dagger as the Valkin’VI regains his footing and approaches the door.

“Your speed and commitment are admirable – impressive response. A little more control may be in order, however. Rest assured there is no immediate danger.”

He turns his attention to the letter and his eyebrows raise immediately, followed shortly by a slight smile tugging at the edges of his mouth.

“So, Abbadon lives. Not very surprising, I suppose. And he wants to settle in Haven – expected, given recent events possibly tied to Mistralla. While his motives are selfish, his claims that he can be an asset to Haven are not unfounded. He requests a pardon and promises loyalty.”

“Yet there are issues to resolve. Let us define them. What, exactly, has Abbadon done that requires absolution?”
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

"Very dangerous over short distances..or something like that..if memory serves me he burned down the House of Chance and took lives in the process..."

~: Legion looked to Ark, giving the taller man a nod as he folded his arms over his tattooed chest. Despite the news he seems eerily calm, the jaws of his mask closed to conceal his lips. His eyes have that intent stare, an unblinking gaze going from the letter to Dallid, to Esmerelda, and back to the letter. :~
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda nods to Ark and Legion.

"Thank you for your quick responses. I aplogize, I was not in any mortal peril. Merely shock and disgust that one such as he would attempt contact again." Her voice drips anger and contempt.

Taking a deep breath, she turns to Dallid. "Issues?" Her attempt to keep her voice from raising is only halfway sucessful. "That's a more than polite way of putting things. He's wanted for the murders of Charlesk, Edward Valcona, and Gabrial. Only those are only the ones we're certain of! Who knows how many other people's essences he has stolen to create magical items of power! That doesn't even take into account the black markets he was involved in to the detriment of Far Reach. And destroying the House of Chance and everything in it that beloinged to townspeople..."

He whole body tenses up as she speaks, and anger flashes in her eyes...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Still leaning against the wall staring at the one accross from him Ark pipes up.

"Did the letter say anything about anyone besides himself?"
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid hands the letter to Ark (PM). “He speaks only of himself – in his own way.”

“This subject, as with any matter of justice, is best faced objectively. Did anyone witness him committing these acts? If he did commit them – what were his motivations?”

“Abaddon’s world is one of suspicion and scheming – true. Such a person can be a great asset, or a terrific burden, depending on his role in society. My own impression of him is one who to which lies and subterfuge come easily, but who also reveres loyalty above nearly all else. If he’s willing to give you his, accepting him into Haven is an option worth consideration.”

“He has made poor choices in the past, to be sure. He had forged a bond with an extra-planar entity for short term gain that had far-reaching consequences. I suspect it played a significant role in the destruction of the House of Chance.”

“And we must also keep in mind the relevance of the time. Far Reach essentially consisted of two hostile camps – both sides actively working against the other. Abaddon’s loyalty was to Ingram, and he performed as such. That time is ended. Abaddon might be viewed as a former enemy soldier willing to reconcile and integrate – much in the same way as many of the Elves we work with today.”

“But if he has crimes that must be answered, first they must be listed. So, from a standpoint of justice and law, what exactly do we accuse of Abaddon?”

“So far with have the murder of Charlesk, Edward, and Gabrial. The Destruction of the House of Chance. Black market Activity – activity that must be clarified. What further details may be added?”
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

As he walks up to the Keep in silent reflection of his recent talk with Zeira and the happenings on the other side of the portal, he takes a moment to breathe in the crisp autumn air. It's late in the night, but what better time to take care of business?

"That's odd, the lights are usually burning low at this hour..."

He hangs his travel-stained cloak by the door, and after a quick stop in the kitchens for a snack, makes his way through the castle to report to the Queen. When he rounds the corner, he overhears Dallid.

"Details may be added to what?"

He takes a bite out of the apple, gives a nod to Dallid, Ark and Legion and a slight bow of his head to the Queen.

"Apologies for being away, but when you have a free moment there are a few things I need your advice with, my Queen."
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark reads over the note carefully and considers it for a while before handing it back to Dallid.

"the conclusion i come to out of this, and of the short time i was in the house of chance. is that he may have been following orders of the one he swore his loyalty too."

he nods at Dallid

"i think his view of Abaddon being an enemy soldier is a very good one, he may of just been doing what he was ordered, if he is willing to swear loyalty to you....."

his voice trails off in question.

"perhaps he would allow the truth to be learned from him? i know we have many here in town who can get it from him with our without his cooperation. in any case he has set his sights on Haven, and if he wants to come here i doubt he will stay away if Ez says no."
Last edited by Ark on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

"So, that traitorous wretch has finally made contact... I had a feeling it would only be a matter of time."

The words are whispered, barely audible to the ones around him but no one could mistake the venom dripping from every syllable. He turns his full attention to the other Painted One, ignoring everything and every one else.

"Will you honour your oath, the pact that was made outside the still smouldering rubble of the House I was sworn to defend? Will you aid me in bringing the light of justice to him, so that he can no longer hide behind half-truths and false promises?"
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: Legion pivoted on his heels, facing Paer'An' and seemingly blotting out the rest of the world. For all intents and purposes the entirety of existence didn't exist, save himself and the other Valkin'Vi present outside the room. :~

"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law. I will honour my oath."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani