After the Return

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Smitty19
GM

After the Return

Post by Smitty19 »

Returning from the Kingdom of Sorrow seemed to be far easier than Serith was expecting. It even felt....Good, they were able to save a king, and he even made a deal, more of a proclaimation that the Princess was to Marry the Rainbow Prince, and the King had agreed. That was a strange feeling for Serith, he had really never knew that kind of love, one that was forbidden, one that was so intense that it could have caused that strife between a king and his daughter.

Sure he had felt loves touch, and he was happy to know that Adonalyn shared his feelings, but something seemed....off, since rescueing her from the Cave of the Dead, she seemed different, and he couldnt pin point it. He struggled with knowing that he let her down every day that they didnt return home, and he tried daily to explain that he was trying to find a way back to their home, and bring with them an army to Destroy the Da'Lenel Elves, but she seemed to push him away more and more.

Returning back to the castle Serith could only find a since piece of parchment in his room, and all it simply said was

"Im Sorry, I cannot wait"

He knew then that what the Rainbow Prince felt about heartache over lost love, but in his blackened heart already Serith just chalked it up to another loss in the long list of his short life already.

Walking quietly up to the top most point of the Castle, Serith lets out a bellowing roar of Anger, Frustration, Hurt, Loss and most of all Determination...
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

After some time passes, the sounds of faint footsteps can be heard getting closer. A few moments later Val enters the area, looks at Serith and then quickly glances around. After seeing no one or nothing of interest she looks back to Serith with a look of slight confusion.

"Are you alright?"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Looking up from his white knuckled grip on the railing, Serith just looks off into the darkened night sky and softly says

"No, I am not alright, but I will use it, like I have used everything else..."

*A Small Smirk appears at the Corner of Serith's mouth

"Sorry to startle you, this is just an easier way to release anger for me, and the Queen does get a bit fussey when I blow anything up..."
Serith Darkheart

Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

There is another moment of silence before Val speaks again. She stands quietly watching him and does not approach him.

"I can not pretend to know what is troubling you, nor would I expect you to inform me. I can openly offer my assistance. You only need but ask. For the moment though, I offer you my company if you desire. Otherwise, I shall leave you to your thoughts."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith lets out a quick deep laugh that even caught him by surprise

"What is troubling me, that seems to be a very open ended question."

*Smiling now, he motions to the night sky

"I dont ever claim to be good company, but wont turn anyone down who enjoys a nice dark summer evening to collect ones thoughts"
Serith Darkheart

Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Val approaches and stands next to him grasping the railing as well. She looks to him briefly as if there were an answer somewhere in his face before turning her attention to her own patch of sky in the distance.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith nods as Val takes her place next to him and looks at her for a moment and concentrates

"I don't need the ability to read your essence to know that something is also weighing heavily on your mind as well..."
Serith Darkheart

Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

"yeah.. empty pockets! :came a voice from behind serith and val as braidenvayl walked up: and dream fishermen : braidenvayl sat down leaning against the castle walls and looked up at serith:

"Plus i think i will stay away from any sort of fruit for a while."
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith simply snorts at the mention of money, then a visible shudder at the mention of fruit.

"Please, dont remind me, I will NEVER Look at a pear without dieing a little inside."
Serith Darkheart

Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

*At Serith's words, Val quickly glances over at Serith with an expression on her face that one could easily question if she had just been offended.*

*When Braidenvayl speaks, she jumps a bit from surprise not hearing his approching footsteps during her conversation with Serith.*

She looks to Braidenvayl, "What of empty pockets? There are many more important things to worry about then how much coin you have in your purse."

"As for the dream fisherman, it was your own foolish thoughts that got you into that bind. It is very rare when something is so freely given, why would you expect your greatest hopes and dreams to be done so? If one truly desires something they must work hard to achieve it and could not possibly expect it from a random stranger. I would expect an elf to be much wiser."

"I do recall suggesting no one should eat the pears."

*Val crosses her arms while speaking in a matter-of-fact tone, then lowers her arms and turns her gaze towards the floor.*

"Though under my instruction they would of remained in the orchard and still been trampled. How was anyone to know?"

*she looks to both of them*

"I hope we have all learned from our experiences."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl gave a small laugh and let out a sigh:

"first off, lets get one thing straight, IM NO ELF sweetheart!, and your little speech made me thank Astea that my dad was human. and if i wanted to be bitched at about all my screw ups i'll go find Serena
:looking more annoyed: and yes, i expected to be well paid for stickin' my neck out so the land of doom and gloom could be happy and perky again. simple commerce honey, i did a job, i get paid. its how it works. furthermore i dont remember seeing your happy ass down in the dark carnival when sir Francesco took us searching for answers.

:braidenvayl stands up from his spot and his voice gets unnervingly quiet and serious, all the while he was ranting the ring on his necklace was starting glow from a faint glimmer to a now a very prominent emerald shine as if someone had lit a candle:
:leaning in close to val not looking at her: "and the next time you decide to say anything about Melisande, it better be in praise."

:with that braidenvayl turned around and exited down a staircase, not nearly as quiet as he had arrived. clutching the ring in one hand and a dagger at his hip in the other.:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

*As Braidenvayl reached the bottom of the staircase he sees Gabrial walking up to him. With a very serious tone in his voice he speaks*

"HEY!! I want you to listen and listen good. There are a few things I don't care for and won't tolerate. The first of them is doing it for the coin. If that is all you are after here then get out, now. I don't need you or care to help you in any way. Second, do not EVER threaten one of my people again. If I see it or here it I will personaly deal with it, and trust me, you don't want that. And not that it matters but I'm going to tell you anyways, if not for her happy ass you would still be in gloom land. It's because of her that we even knew what a sunshine potion was. So you should learn when and who to try and mouth off to. Now be on your way and mind yourself better."

*Gabrial doesn't wait for any type of responce and starts his way up the stairs. He gives Val a nod and looks up to Serith*

"Hey Serith, you ready to keep looking for your home? I've got some free time right now."
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

I've got a some free time too! I can find anything!"

A small voice echoes through the air, loud enough for any who care to hear it. Looking about, however, the origin of the voice is puzzling for a moment, until someone looks out towards the nearby treeline. Morgan can be seen impossibly high, more tangled in than climbing the smaller, upward branches. As he shouts, the narrow trunk sways back and forth slightly. Further investigation will show the object of his desire: a large, very active honeybee hive.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl was dumbfounded by the berating he had just gotten, all he could do was stare at Gabriel as he spoke, what looked to be green lightning bolts flashed in braidenvayl's eyes at random moments.:

"wow, this is the thanks i get? fine. im better off in avangard." he said to himself

:braidenvayl was well beyond angry at this time he flung the door open to the outside and stormed off toward the inn. he hurled a crackling green ball of energy at a tree in anger which made a loud boom very much like a thunderclap as it struck the tree blowing a sizable hole in it which caused the rest to come toppling over.:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

"Uh-oh.

Time slows as Morgan sees the glowing ball of energy fly toward the base of the tree. Impossibly fast, he hurls his satchel towards the castle wall, and instantly follows it with a flick of his wrist. There is a flash of steel as a dagger thuds into the wall, the blade pinned between two stones. His beloved bag taps the wall gently and slides down, the strap catching on the protruding hilt of the dagger. Morgan smiles in satisfaction for a moment, only to realize that, although his bag is safe, he is still in the tree. As the trunk lurches backwards, Morgan sprints upward, leaping from the falling tree as it collapses. Arms spread wide, he rockets towards yet another tree. Just before he collides with the new tree, he snatches the trunk near the top of the tree and spins around, the new tree bending backwards under his weight. At this point, spectators hear one simple phrase:

"Hope this works!"

The tree slingshots forward, hurling Morgan towards the building at a breakneck speed. He throws his arms out to his sides, spreading out his doublet in a comical attempt to slow his flight. Mere feet before impact, he swings his feet foreward and plants them on the wall, absorbing the blow. He tumbles backwards for a moment before drawing his broken sword from its scabbard and thrusting it between two stones. As he hangs from the handle, he starts giggling.

"Could I perhaps trouble someone for a little rope?"
Last edited by Morgan on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane