Just outside the castle

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
GM-Mike
GM

Just outside the castle

Post by GM-Mike »

As everyone goes about their day, in the midst of contemplating why nothing much ever seems to happen for weeks at a time followed predicatbly by a rash of battles, strange riddles, and your every day evil doer, a familiar music reaches the ears of all who had heard the slightly off key but wonderfully sexy voice before. Rushing through the gates, thinking didn't we send him back? or possibly it couldn't be the citizens of Haven are delighted by the site of the man who called himself the Rainbow Prince, accompanied once again by a chorus of people who were simply walking by at the time but felt like joining in the song.

After much jubilation by he and the chorus, the rainbow prince approaches the gates and the awe-struck crowd and, with a smile that never leaves his face, says simply, "I need your help..."
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Rhul steps forward, seemingly nonplussed by the Rainbow Kings effect (though on careful reflection, this quite possibly could be from the memories of the bruises that resulted from returning him happily to his realm).

He bows slightly towards the man, and cocks an eyebrow.

"Hmmm. Well, hello again. And what might you be needing help with, if I might ask?
Last edited by Rhul on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"BY THE POWER OF GRAVESBANE....

I.. HAVE.. THE.. POWER!!!"
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Franchesco looks around at the strange group for a moment and gives a slight bow to the prince and his companions.

"Please come this way into the keep. I will see to summoning Lady Esmerelda for you."

Franchesco then leads them into the keep. Once inside he gently knocks upon Lady Esmerelda's door.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

As he walks toward the keep, his face shines brighter at Rhul's words, and he replies, "Your eagerness to help is truly heartwarming. Thank-you. What I need help with is easy. I come to you because I see, in each and every one of you a brightness not seen in my world. My sincere hope is that your mere presence will demonstrate a better way to live. I ask only that as many of you as possible come with me--no fighting to get there this time I promise you--and simply be yourselves. It could make a huge difference, could show everyone that they don't have to be so...miserable. My world's in pain and your mere presence could fix it. I promise, this couldn't be an easier task. No harm will befall you. Indeed, at the first hint of danger, I will send you home with riches in your pocket for making the effort."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid was on his feet in an instant, at once elated at the prospect of a second chance and horrified at the evil that chance entailed. The good of Phanterra must always come first, but what good could come from the murder of an innocent? Unfortunately, Dallid knew exactly the answer. Phanterra was devastated by the cataclysm, and needed strength. Needed essence. This alien was a person from a different world, bringing essence of that world here. Taking that essence would result in a total gain for Phanterra – not just the sideways shift of energy that came with claiming essence from a natural Phanterrian.

Dallid had long anticipated his first encounter with an alien entity. He had always assumed it would be an invasive force, one that had to be destroyed… consumed… in an act of self defense. However, this Rainbow Prince was anything but an aggressive invader.

But wasn’t that the way of the Cycle? The rabbit may have done no one any harm, yet the wolf killed the rabbit in order to feed itself. There was no evil in that. Like the wolf, Phanterra was merely a predator, the beings from other planes and worlds its prey.

And here the Prince was offering to *take* Dallid to his world. Endless energy available to revitalize Phanterra

The image of Balthos came unbidden to his mind, and Dallid flinched. With that, he knew killing the Rainbow Prince would be wrong… At least he thought it was wrong. Perhaps it was he who was wrong to question the will to feed.

Dallid shook the thought from his mind. In almost a daze, he moved to greet the Prince with the others.

“I understood you… returned to your world. How… have you come back here?”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda opens her door with a smile.

"What can I do for you?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

at the mere mention of riches by the prince, braidenvayl pokes his head into the keep.

" riches?!? what? im down!"

:braidenvayl walks into the keep and up towards Esmerelda's door where the crowd was gathering:
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

In response to Dallid's inquiry, the prince replies, "My time at home has revitalized the power lost from time spent away. I came back through a portal that I created, the same type of portal I would use to get all of you to my home and back again, perfectly unharmed."

To Braidenvayl, "Welcome. Thank-you for your assistance."

The prince greets Esmerelda. "My lady, a pleasure to see you again. I am here asking your assistance, yours and everyone really. As you may know, my home is shrouded in gloom. The people there know no other way of living. My theory, my hope is that simply seeing your way of living, the inner light that shines within all of you will compel them to see the truth, that there is no need to live in misery. I fear in my time imprisoned here, my home has gotten so much worse. But not all is lost I truly believe, if you would just come. Like I told the others prior to seeing you, there would be much riches in it for you and absolutely no chance of even the slightest harm will befall you for as soon as I see danger, I'll whisk you all home. But I truly believe that won't happen for your radiance shines bright and all will see it and it will be life changing."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

So this being was able to pass between worlds at whim. An impressive power to be sure, but this meant the link between his world and Phanterra was also entirely his to control. A considerable risk, then, to travel there.

Still, though Dallid was lost on how he should view the alien world, he knew he must go see it. An existential question of vast importance had to be confronted and answered.

Having regained his composure, he nodded to the Rainbow Prince. “I, too, will travel with you to your world and seek to do my best for the greater good. However, I would think the changing of an entire culture’s outlook would take considerable time and effort. What leads you to believe a handful of people from Haven can achieve the profound effect you seek?”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"My people hunger to believe. Many have followed me in the past, latched onto my ways, but once I was discarded, all hope was thrown away as well. I saw a small glimmer of hope return to my world with me, and I know in my heart if they saw others who believe as I believe, that it's not just one crazy person in the universe, well, the rest will take care of itself."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea peeks outside to see the comotion, then steps outside....a little puzzled*

What exactly is it that you believe?? What is it that you are hoping Mr Prince? Your future is as you will it....Why do you need us?
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda smiles at the Prince.

"Hope is the most important thing in the world. I know it's what helped us in our time in Exile from Haven. For indeed, a world without hope is a sorrowful one indeed.

"It would be my pleasure to go to your world and spread the message of hope and hapiness. And I know many of the people here would be more than willing to help you as well.

"When do we leave?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Roic Kinspeaker

Post by Roic Kinspeaker »

Roic had been silently listening to the conversation. Roic addresses Queen Esmerelda.

"I know that I'm new around here so I may be speaking out of turn, forgive me if I am, but is it wise for a Queen to go into a place that hasn't been explored by the people of Haven yet? Even though the prince has guaranteed safety, as the Queen of Haven, doesn't your highness have a responsibility to the people to keep out of harm's way and stay here? Should something happen to your highness in this mysterious land, the entirety of Haven would suffer."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

not able to stay quiet for a second longer braidenvayl speaks up

"but isnt it also a queens duty to reach out to other lands to form alliances and forge friendships? and seeing that we are going to a different. plane of existence! a little other worldly help might not be a bad idea, in the long run that is.

plus we're getting paid!! So, as much as my human side wants to make a comment about a gift horse right now. i think i am gonna let it slide.
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

"Lady Esmerelda shall have more than sufficient protection as long as she does not choose to go gallivanting off by her lonesome. The Rainbow Prince here has requested aid and as honorable folk we should give him all that we can. No payment is required for my services good prince, helping those in need is a more that sufficient reward."