Homecoming

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Homecoming

Post by Robin »

The night was clear and breezy, the stars shining brightly in their dance around the heavens. It was the kind of night every sailor loved. Thus, it was a perfect night for a home coming. A familiar figure in a green feathered hat walked silently out of the shadows and into the firelight, taking a seat. There were several people about, as well as the usual smattering who kept guard over the Haven. For a long time she was quiet, then Robin spoke, informally and to no one in particular.

“No more politics for me, mates. I don’t think I make a very good magistrate, clearly. So, I’m afraid you’re gonna have to find someone better than I to do it, someone who actually has a head for laws and politics. I have neither.” She smiled softly, self mockingly. “I really want to see Haven become the safe and prosperous home we all believe it can be, and I think I can do that better by just serving in my Guild. I’ll continue to take up the cause of the common folk, and guard our borders faithfully, but do not expect me or my crew to have anything to do with politics. We’re no good at it, never were.”

She leaned back and propped her feet up by the fire, seemingly very much at peace and content. There was something different about her, but it was hard to tell what in the dim light. She looked thoughtful for a long time before she spoke again.

“I have been away for a long time… and in dark places. I have learned what is important, and what is not. I will do everything in my power to protect Haven and its folk, all of its folk. Phoenix, Hope, Light, Broken Tusk, and Town Guard included. If a Council is ever arranged one of the Gryffins will be happy to sit and aid as we can, but no more politics for us otherwise. We just weren’t made for it. We’re simple people, and this is the best for everyone.”

She stared musingly into the fire for s while, lost in thought. She added softly, “I want this to be a place I can call home, all of us can call home. Forgotten are all the hurts of the past and I will bring them up no longer. Never again shall old angers pass my lips. I care for none of that unimportant stuff. All I care about is our future, our home. I want a place where some day I can raise my children, if I have any. I want a place where we can all grown happily old together in peace.”

With that, Robin fell silent.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn, still standing outside the Inn talking trade routes with Arthos, listens then approaches Robin*

Captain Steel,
Your message is a welcome one. The House of the Crescent Moon also desires to bury past grudges and start fresh. Your willingness to abandon your office, which you served so passionately, is all the proof I require that your intentions are genuine. The House is convinced that this philosophy of new beginnings is necessary if there is to be peace and order in the Haven, and that based on how the town banded together to thwart the false Silverthorne, there is reason to believe we can accomplish these goals. We support the formation of a council, and will welcome Griffon participation as we look to the future. If any member of the House troubles you, please bring it to my attention.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*A wiry armored Avaina walks out of the shadows. He bows to Corbyn and Captain Steel. Kneel and set his polearm to the way-side, pulls forth a scroll. Hands the scroll to Captain Steel to read over. Than awaits her reply before he moves anywhere.*

"M'Lady I am here as requested by Master O'Doole. He has intrusted me to be your guard untill he comes to Haven!"
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin gave the Lord of the Crescent Moon a bow of her head, something flickering behind her eyes only for a moment before she smiled softly. There was a look of genuine hope on her normally rather guarded face. “I thank you, my Lord, that you extend such grace. I know that there is so much that stands between us all… some of it true, and most of it untrue. That I ever meant Haven ill is most definitely untrue. But then, I am not here to rehash the past. I am here to forget it. I thank you for such greatness of virtue that you too can move past this that we might all build ourselves a home worth calling home.” She gave him another slight bow.

“I agree that we must all be granted this once chance to start over… to forget and forgive the hurts and pains of the past. If we can, then there is no force of ill that can destroy our dream for this beautiful future. I wish with all of my heart that I could have been here to stand with you all during that trial, but alas family business kept me… and other things.” She grew quiet a moment, thoughtful. However, her shadowy moment soon passed and she brightened again.

“I can’t imagine that any of your House would ever go against this hand of friendship you have offered. Your folk love you, and more they respect your reason. Gryffin will do all they can to aid you and all of your house, just as they have orders to do for all of this town. We are Haven, not one guild or House. I believe this completely, and will work toward that end. My thanks and admiration go with you, for you have seen into the heart of me on this matter.”

Robin seemed about to say something else when the Aviana came forward with the missive. Her face went from confused to elated. She raised an eyebrow and appraised the newcomer. “Well, if he trusts you, then I trust you. That mate of mine never led me wrong. Welcome aboard.” She gave him a nod and let him take his place at her side.
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca Loks up at Captain Steel face. Locks eye to eyes with her and speaks softly.*

"I shall do the best I can do. Master O'Doole is only a half a day behind me at best. So they should be here soon.
Is the one know as Varys Snow here as well? For Master O'Doole has sent a package for him as well. An do wish to give it to him soon."

*Neshca looks right at Corbyn stands up than bow to show repect to him. He than locks eye to eye with Corbyn.*

"Greetings Good Lord I am Neshca Saivo and I am greatful for meeting you. I am sure that Master O'Doole we be delighted to meet you as well."

*He awaits a reply be for speaking again.*
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

*McEwan lumbars in from the darkness, head down and mumbleing to himself. He seams to take no notice of his cerroundings until he nearly falls into the firepit. After a moment he regains his ballance and looks around for the first time.

Seeing Capt. Steel his face brightens and he takes a few quick steps forward as if to give he a big bear hug. He pulls himself up short, however, regains his composher ( obviously not himself today ) and bows.*

"Surin it's a pleasure ta see ya again, lass."

*His expression once again turns meloncholy*

"I'm afeard I be abringing bad news fer yer homecoming. Ollum were struck down by the lapdogs o' the Silverthorn imposter. Now I was atold he were reincarnated an' such, but I've seen no hoff nor horn o' 'im an' I be a worryin' that he be awanderin' all lost and confused in the wilderness."

*McEwan gives a breaf nod to the Captain's Avian companion...* "Well meet sar." *...Then, sinking back into himself, turns to Corbin*

"Sar, I be awonderin' iffin ya could be dirrectin' me ta the elder. I got me some questions ta be a-askin'."
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Nods to the McEwan*

"Greetings to you as well good Dwarf. I am Neshca Saivo Master O'Doole servant and now Master Captain Steel protector. Untill Master O'Doole come to Haven or release me."
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

"Varys is indeed here about, probably meditating presently. I am sure he'll be along shortly, as he always seems to know when I'm around." She gave the Aviana a wry smile.

When her faithful dwarf lumbered up, the sea Captain jumped up to greet him. Though he may have hesitated in the hug, she did not. She gave him a hug and smiled, though it faded a bit when she noticed how weary he looked. She listened and nodded when he spoke, resuming her seat.

"These things I know, my friend, and was made aware. I have all faith that our fellows will make their way back. I know Gin has something up his sleeve, so I think he may even have spoken to Tarn or Ollum." She gave the dwarf a wink. "O'Doole has brought with him several of the others, which is even better news. A complement better than a dozen we may well have soon. It'll be good to have everyone back again, so we can start a' buildin' our new ship." She have him a winning smile.

Robin turned back to Corbyn. "My brother is well, you see... and some others of our crew have found their way to Woodhold where he is currently. All we'll be needing is a ship and we'll be happy folks." she laughed.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*As Robin spoke, Corbyn furrowed his brow as he often did when attempting to discern truth from lie. When she finished, he smiled, apparently satisfied with her words.*

*Turning to Neshca...* Well met Neshca, it is always a pleasure to welcome another member from Robin or Gin's crews to the Haven. If you or Master O'Doole require any supplies or repairs from your long journey, please see that furry gentleman over there and he will assist you. *Points at Arthos.*

*To McEwan* McEwan, I'm glad to see you've returned to the town unscathed. At your convenience, I would like a report from you regarding the status of the graveyard. If you are seeking Elder Quetzal, his home is in the village. *Gives McEwan directions to Elder Quetzal's house.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

*McEwan smiles tiredly to Robin*

"Hope springs...eh?"

*Turns back to Corbin, tottering slightly, but few would notice.*

"The graveyard? Thar be a few less...*shakes head*...a few more. I dunna know anything 'til I be a speakin' with the eldar."

*Turns his head loosely to the stars.*

"It be a bit late fer that, I'll talk to the gentalman on the marrow."

*McEwan pulls himself up, more or less, swings his greataxe up to his shoulder, (for the first time it seems...heavy) and turns to leave*

"Must be a gettin' back. Iffin there be some reunitin' ta do we won't be a wantin' any uninvited guest."
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Looks at McEwan with a sad look on his face. Than reaches into a side sack of his. Fubbles around for a second than hands McEwan a chunk of blackish hard rock. *

"Here you go Sir McEwan this helps me when I am troubled. It is candies form the far eastern side of the Daleshrine. It is goods for you I no lie."

*Than looks around fubbles for some more candies. To pass out to the rest near him.*

"I sorry forgot my mannors, would you each like to try it? Master O'Doole says I need more learning in that area. "

*Looks at Captain Steel for a second.. than flash back to talking."

"I thank you Captain Steel for letting me know Varys is around. When we run across him. I will give him his item form Master O'Doole.

Oh and Lord Corbyn I shall give Master O'doole you offer when he gets here. He would be most thankful it when he comes. Is there a place that we can rent for him? "
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels walks up to the fire slings his Bow over his shoulder and begins warming his hands*

"Lord Corbyn, I have been told that you need to speak to me?"

*He turns, looks at Corbyn bows, then shakes his head*

"Not use to that."

*turns to everyone else in turn And nod*

"Nice to see you all."
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin gave Kels a smile. "Hello mate!" She hadn't seen him in some time, as with so many of the others and shared his thought. "I hope your time away was well?"

She turned her wry smile on Corbyn. "I'm with him. Don't know that I'll ever get used to calling you Lord. It suits you, though, if you don't mind me saying." A little blush colored her cheeks and she laughed. "Still, I have a feeling you're going to do wonderfully as head of the House. You know that you always have my support, and that of my men, should you ever need it. You and all those who serve under you are our allies, so long as I live."

She fell into thoughtfulness again, her gaze straying to Kels every now and again. She knew that there was much which had stood unsaid between them, but she let it go. Past was past and she would not hold on to the old. As far as she was concerned, he was a fine lad who was as valuable to her as any other member of town. She would permit no harm to come to him, no more than to any other in Haven. She kept her thoughts to herself, however, for she had learned the value of just letting things go.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels's eyes stray from Corbyn to Robin he looks as if he wants to say something but does not*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Walks up to the fire pit and nods to everyone noticing Kels's demeanor. She looks at him and smiles. *

Kels, if you do not mind I could use your assistance in the forge moving some heavy objects.

*Looks over at Corbyn*

That is Lord Corbyn if we have permission to head there for I do believe you are fairly safe for the momment. If you need to discuss anything with Kels or myself we will be there for a bit.

*Patiently awaits Kels's response holding a bottle of rum.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.