Malphus addresses the inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Malphus addresses the inn

Post by Malphus »

Good fellows and ladies of the haven. Can anyone direct me to the person responsible for command of the orginization known as the Pheonix guard?

*awaits a response*
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*uses the neck end of an almost depleted bottle of very stiff alcohol to point at Donovan*
Moo.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Dere iz teveral peepolez in charj uf de Fenux Gard. It iz split up inta sevural smallur gilds. I am won uf de Gild Leedurs. We all take directun from the Houze leedurz, but me tink de persun you iz lookun fer iz Donno. Donno iz de Artos uf de Fenux, like Artos iz de Grok of de Hope and de Lite, like Grok iz de Low uf de Orcsies.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Thanks

Post by Malphus »

*Motions to Kabre and Ug*

Thank you kind sirs

* makes his way to Donovan*
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Adresses Donovan

Post by Malphus »

*to Donovan. Curtsies in courtly fashion*

Good sir.

It has been brought to my attention that you are the man in charge of the Pheonix guard. If I may be so bold, I wish to inquire about joining your ranks. Of course, i get ahead of myself...first i wish to discuss your group's philosophy and code of ethics. Rules governing the group , et cetera. Then I wish to bring to your attention my skills. I am a scholar, a true man of learning. My area of focus is mysteries. My purpose in this world is to solve those puzzles which have gone forever undone. Hopefully my sagely arts may be of some service to your order.

But, as aforementioned, the philosophy of your orginization...

*awaits Donovan's response*
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic sits at a table not far from Kaber. He is enjoying a horn full of drink but he watches the discussion carefully over that drink.*
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan sits at one of Atrum's tables in the back of the Inn. There is a stack of papers on the table in front of him, along with a wine bottle and some scraps of bread and cheese. As Malphus approaches, he stands and greets him.*

"Well met, Malphus."

*Offers Malphus a chair.*

"As you may know by now, I am Donovan Thynedar, Preceptor of the Phoenix Knights. Our organization was founded nearly a thousand years ago in the kingdom of Eldesta, which lies far from these lands. Then who would become the Phoenix Guard were members of a unit assigned to guard the keep at Harrison's Pass. The keep was at the westernmost border of Eldesta, and the lands beyond were home to all manner of dark creatures. Our King, Astor Morad, was a good man whose family had many enemies. One of them, Baron Kildain, rose up against him and invaded the capital city of Serendin. The king was forced to fall back toward Harrison's Pass, and that is when the true nature of Kildain's plan was revealed. Kildain had slipped spies into the keep and had poisioned the wells. As the bodies of the men of Harrison's Pass lay bloating in the halls of the keep, the spies threw open the gates and retreated into the night. When the King's forces arrived, they found nothing but the dead bodies of their own men. Kildain had planned to trap the King between his forces and the creatures of the wastelands, and it seemed his plan was to be successful.

*Takes a drink*

"What the Baron did not know was that a sizable detachment of men from the keep had pursued a band of creatures into the wastelands. They returned just as the King's forces were being pressed into the keep. Kildain, on the verge of victory, suddenly saw men wearing the heraldry of Harrison's Pass come streaming onto the field. He believed his spies had betrayed him, and that he was facing the entire force from the keep in addition to the King's army. The gates to the wastelands slammed closed, and the forces of the King rallied to the attack. Surrounded by a wedge of the veteran warriors from Harrison's Pass, King Morad cut a swath through the demoralized enemy troops and killed Baron Kildain with his own hands. The rebellion was finished, and the remainder of the insurgents surrendered on the spot. In recognition of their service to the kingdom and their "miraculous" return from the dead, King Morad named the men of Harrison's Pass "The Phoenix Guard". They were established as the elite of the King’s army, and the order of knights that commanded them was composed of the finest men and women in the land. They were granted a great degree of autonomy, and from that they found need for tradesmen, scholars, and other non-military people of skill. Thus the Order of the Phoenix was formed, to incorporate non-combatants into the fold and make all members of the same greater organization. The Order of the Phoenix, led by the Phoenix Knights, has stood as protectors and defenders ever since.”

“Our philosophy is simple: defend the innocent, protect the weak, and stand against the darkness in all things. Since our arrival in Haven, we have sought to bring peace and safety to this land. We have joined with the like-minded Guilds of Hope and Light to form the House of the Crescent Moon, and together we hope to create a method of bringing order and tranquility to the people of the Haven. We have need of men of learning, and if you wish to join our ranks, your knowledge and nobility would be a boon to our fight against the shadow.”

*The offer made, Donovan waits for Malphus to respond.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Aceptance

Post by Malphus »

*Extends a hand to Donovan*

Noble Sir Donovan,

I gladly accept if you would have me. There is no quest as noble as the maintainace of Right. I am pleased to serve. Consider me of the Order of the Pheonix.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Grasps Malphus's hand.*

"Welcome to the Order, Brother. May the light see you safely home."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic comes up behind Malphus and pats him on the back.*

Welcome to the Order, our numbers have been few as of late and we could always use a helping hand. The demands of the Guard are as high as ever. There fore your work will be cut out for you, but you appear to be of the hardy sort.

*Lambic smiles at him.*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos comes into the Inn where Donovan and Malphus are speaking with a wrapped bundle and hand it to Malphus.*

As requested, here is the items of war that where requested by you. As now you are part of Phoniex guild and our house I will make sure you will never be hungery, never go unclothed, and always have a roof over your head. If there is anything else you might need, please let me know and I will do my best to get it for you.

Welcome to the House of the Creasent Moon.

*Arthos does a slight bow to Donovan and Malphus, and turns to leave*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

BUNDLE

Post by Malphus »

*Malphus inspects the bundle handed to him by Arthos*

Thank you, kind elf.

I'm not sure what to say, but my graditude knows no bounds. i will repay you. I'm not sure what a simple Sage like myself can do for the House, but ask and ye shall receive. So long as it is in the course of Rightous activity.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic bows to Malphus and Donovan.*

If you'll excuse me....

*Lambic turns and follows Arthos out of the inn*

Arthos if you don't mind I need to have word with you in private...

OOG: I'll PM you.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos follows Lambic to the back so they can talk*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Malphus, I bid you welcome into the House. We have several pressing matters, any of which could use your wisdom and attention. In my opinion the one of highest priority is the Prophecy which we have utterly failed to slow or circumvent. At least six, perhaps all seven of the signs foretold have come to pass. The weather vane which indicated when a sign had occured now points to the North. Please study the vane at your leisure, and share what you learn. If we are to stop the deity from emerging, we need to know where it will occur, and what will happen to the person caught in the 'gateway' when the bluebird begins to sing.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven