The joys of Beaurocracy

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

In the distance, the sound of hammer and anvil echo from the one of the outlying towers.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Turns to Francesco*

It's nice to meet you.

*Turns to Esmerelda*

My apologies then for not being in attendance when the elves were present in negoations. From what you are describing about this woman I absolutely want a shot at her.

*She pauses*

Humm...Esmerelda, are you planning some sort of formal ceremony for the whole Queen thing? Hear me out *Looks at Atrum* If I were some bitter mage, as you all have described, wouldn't I want to make some sort of scene during all the festivities then one would during the negoations with the elves?

Basically whatever precautions people were already thinking about taking at that time, I'm thinking it should be doubled and I'm also thinking *She turns to Esmerelda* maybe a few other steps need to be made.

*Turns to Val*

No I haven't witness this out of you before so a head being removed and someone up and breathing puts me on guard and the way I was raised believe a few different things. Then again if this has anything to do with any of Theon's contacts...it doesn't surprise me as much as you might think.

For what it's worth this caution comes from keeping Esmerelda here and those people I call friends safe. We're going to have enough to deal with that keeping secrets or what not involving some other evil thing heading down the road at us just isn't a good idea.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Aurora, I appreciate your concern. But I do not believe anyone here is intentionally trying to keep secrets. Val has always discussed the fact that he was cursed, from the first time I met him. I don't think any of us quite realized the extent his curse would go to keep him fulfilling it, but then I suspect even Val might not have know that either.

"As for a formal ceremony..." Esmerelda pauses for a moment. "Actually, King Anwar had also suggested that I do the same. I think it would give the villagers something good to look forward to. So yes, we will be having a formal coronation. Nothing too fancy, just a simple ceremony but an important one nonetheless. But I think we will wait until the Spring planting has been completed. That way as many farmers and village elders can attend as wish to. They will not have to brave winter travel and will not have to worry about getting their crops in the field. Besides," she adds with a laugh, "if we all want to eat this year, I hope I will be seeing all of you out there helping them. I know I will be!"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Val shrugs, "If it makes you feel any better the avatar of Life chose me as her champion. I doubt she would have if I was some kind of monster, and Atrum saw that I chose not to betray the trust of the town even to save the entirety of the Dwarven people when Malakai asked me to make a pact with him. Unlike some people." He takes a big drink from his silver mug with demons all over it.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Val*

Since thanks accidently to Theon I've met death I can live with the life thing. You are also a Helldrummer and I remember reading a few jounals when my grandmother mentioned a Blackthrone Helldrummer.

Just with the way things were ealier...just need to make certain things are alright.

*She turns to Esmerelda*

That's sort of what I figured would be going on, which in theory means if this woman is so angry and arrived for the negoations and all...I wouldn't be shocked to see her again. I'm wondering if for your own personal security Esmerelda...we might want to start doing something when in diplomatic situation but you and I can talk about that more later for it may involve me learning a few things from you.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

To Val:
"Care to hear a few more tales? I used to adventure with Blackthorn back when he lived in Elthanar. Met your uncle a few times, too. Died a spactacularly honorable death taking on 3 of Gromm's champions if I remember correctly. I would also like to hear more of this curse of yours, especially if it has to do with either Blackthorn or Angus. I owe Blackthorn quite a lot from back in the day and would be more than willing to help any way I can."

Speaking to Korrigan, but addressing all assembled:
"You don't have to worry about seeing the woman. She's been dealt with, I assure you."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Likewise my understanding that she is dead, though more detail may be appreciated by all, Modrie.”

“I suspect the puzzle she used was granted it’s power through a ritual performed prior to the meet. I would also suspect the ability to summon blood golems also came through a prior ritual consisting of untold suffering and sacrifice. She was clearly insane – driven beyond all reason by sorrow, anger, and hatred. Who knows what acts she performed and how many she harmed so she could have her chance at vengeance?”

"One unanswered question yet worries me about her, though: Where did she gain the knowledge to do this?"

“A celebration of coronation would be a good idea. I agree it would give the people of Haven a sense of order, hope, and pride. Also it would ensure that word of the title got out. It would not do to have a visiting dignitary ask after Queen Esmerelda only to be answered with ‘There’s an Esmerelda in the Keep who does the cooking, but we certainly have no queens here.’”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Looks over to Mohdri and says, "Aye, the poem of Angus' death at the hands of Grom's forces was one of the few comforts that reminded me of home while I was trapped in the dreaming. I know of your past with my uncle and Blackthorn, Mohdri. I was as shocked to see you alive and well here in the days of the battle with the elves. I would like to hear your tales, and I have to say now that the battle is past these arguments have made me wonder what has become of the Homelands."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*To Mohdri*

Uncle when you have a moment I would like to know more about the, for lack of a better term, blood mage. I want to get your take on this mage in case there are more like her.

*Turns to Val*

My Uncle's tale is an interesting one, that's for certain. I know it because I've heard it a few times, but he tells it much much better.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*looking back up at Esmerelda when she spoke of his plant cutting, and he grins and raises his hands in mock defense*

Oh, that's alright. I assure you, my goal was not to foster some sort of monster. We have quite enough of those to deal with. I merely didn't want to see the original plant destroyed completely, when it didn't seem that it was attacking us under it's own volition- especially if as you say, the land's unrest was tied to the strongman's sword.

*He sits back and listens to the talk of Dwarven clans, Blackthorne and the like. Obviously, these are stories that haven't been well traded after the cataclysm, especially outside of the Haven valley, and so are new to him.*
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith listens to the story of the Woman bent on revenge

"Sounds alot like me, cept the whole blood magic, summoning golums thing, but I know what Vengance and hatred can do to ones soul."

*Gives a knowing nod to Korrigan

"But a friend showed me the error of that way, and if she was as far gone as you said, there probably was nothing that could have swayed her from her quest to rid the world of elves...heck I was close to that path myself before I was...so you say...Forcibly shown a different path."

*Serith looks on almost lost in thought at the mention of home

"I know the Feeling Val...I know the feeling..."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum rubs the heart pendant at his neck, apparently un ware of what he is doing.*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Truly she is dealt with? Then you have my many thanks, Mohdri. And I agree, Dallid, where she gained such knowledge should be a concern. Although as I have learned, there are many things out there that can teach one strange things. Unfortunately anyone can stumble upon them unawares and be caught up by their temptations. I only feel badly that the woman had grown so twisted by her despair that she was beyond all reason. It is to prevent more becoming like her that is the very reason we need to strive to bring peace and security to our kingdom."

Turning to address her friend on the balcony, she adds, "and fortunate we are that you did not end up walking the same dark path as that poor woman. You are a good friend to many here, Serith, and have proved invaluable in your aid. I am glad that you were turned from that life, be it by force or no. And hopefully we've made it more than worthwhile to walk in the light rather than the darkness of the darker emotions."

She then laughs. "Well if one thing can be said about me, I believe it can be that I certainly know how to plan an event! So I suppose we shall look at May for the coronation. However I don't want it to be a dowdy affair; this is for all of us as much as for me, so let's keep it fun for goodness sake! And I assure you Aurora, I will take security measures into account."

Seeing Atrum's unconscious gesture she gets up and walks towards him, her face full of concern. She kisses him tenderly and then raises her hand and sets it on his pendant. So softly that he can even barely hear it she says, "You should go find them..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Esmerelda*

I have no doubt you thought of that matter, but I would like to discuss the few ideas I might have later.

*After that Aurora just watches and observes people just keeping an eye on things.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Indeed, Serith, many tried to explain to the blood mage the error of her ways – the pointlessness and unfairness of punishing an entire race for the deeds of a few, and how such a quest inevitably harms many more than just the intended targets. But her anger deafened her to our words. Attempts to more forcibly remove her from her destructive path likewise made no headway. I believe most of who she was died long ago, with only hate remaining to drive her on. She could not be saved for nothing remained within her to be saved.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.