September 2004

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

September 2004

Post by Malphus »

I had a blast in my short but extremely effective go as Malphus the Red. I shall return. Money well spent, Mike. Money well spent.

Steve, aka the HoAd
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: September 2004

Post by dier_cire »

Malphus wrote:Steve, aka Reid's biatch
Fixed! :D
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

costumes

Post by Malphus »

I would like to give a GIANT pat on the back of everyone at the event. Costumes have come a LONG way sice I last played.

(except REID's, of course)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

yeah, so I'm not one for any particular realism, bish. :p

At any rate, I'd like to give a big whoot to this event. As much as I was dreading the event up until Saturday evening (as I had been in a whopping two battles due to the way plots and timing turned out, no fault of the npcs rather the who needed me on what), I was very impressed with our loss of the town and eventual recovery. That was great. Running like a scared woman was great. Ka has no desire to lose that level 2 arcane anymore. It was too invaluable tonight. I'm glad the npcs didn't roll that back as our mess up was ours to clean up. Just wish I could fall asleep now as I have to be up in 5 hours... sigh.

Thanks guys!

And having the hoad in da haus was like being back in the old grand days of larping... good times!
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

the Reid

Post by Malphus »

And having the hoad in da haus was like being back in the old grand days of larping... good times!
Wow...I'm really touched.

Thanks.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

OMG the event rocked!!!!

I am so damn sore, but I'm grinning.

Friday, well hey way to much politics and I think I actually did bruise my tongue from saying anything during the heat of stuff around the fire.

BTW fighting a manticore is nasty stuff.

Saturday, oh how I love fighting ants. I finally go a chance to know what it feels like to be like Ka or Sethreal. After I dropped the dead weight, man I could have continues tearing around the battle field for another 15 minutes at least with the ants.

Saturday night. OMG that was so much fun. I mean the spell waasn't fun..owie...but it was fun. Helping defend the Inn with Evan and Bianca barricading the door and having to kick the swashbuckling into high gear. Then going off into the woods with Sethreal as he's leading Kidwynn out. The taking back of the town, stalling so Grok could get back out to the woods...OMG fun stuff.

Then the chaos hit....that was fun too.

Good event guys and now gotta wait for the one-day fix in November.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

combat

Post by Malphus »

another observation I have is regarding combat. It truly is more brutal and deadly than I knew it to be in days past. However, "back then" I was more likely to see several more casualties than I did on Saturday....therefore...I am of mixed opinion.

Works for me.

Steve
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Steve: I believe we had 36 PC's at the event. I know of somewhere around 12-13 deaths Saturday night. That's 1/3 of the game ;-) Now, don't get me wrong, _most_ of them were "resurrected" albeit some are none to happy with what form they are now in. ;-) I think some of the resurrection spells (which all have pretty big downfalls for the most part) might get bigger downfalls, which I think will be cool and help to increase that deadly element further, though it is nice to have those around for times like Saturday night when somewhere around 6-9 people get ganked within the first 15 seconds of mass battle combat....

....sorry bout that explosion. I thought it was a pretty good idea at the time. ;-)
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

Alright. This was seriously the best event yet. Ka and I bore 2 wonderful love-children, one (or both) of whom are really pissed at me and was the instrument in my attempted assassination. I was literally about 3 seconds from perming due to a nasty 12 vorpal to the stomach and a slit throat. Thank god for Corbyn being a good sprinter. Yeah, some thanks is owed to Ug. GOOD JOB. That spell worked fantastically. (drips with sarcasm.) But then again, we weren't hurt, and if it hadn't have happened, I wouldn't have gotten to "ressurect" all the dead bodies. :D Plus now there's another dark elf, even though nobody knows who he is or where he came from. And let's all give Grok a huge WOOT for her awesome shaman skills. She can really talk to those dead spirits like it's nobody's business not even her own.

This event gave me renewed vigor in playing Nuk. I have to admit, by Saturday at game break, I was really sick of the character. Well not the character necessarily, but not liking the character enough to go through all that makeup. I even tried to get her killed. Like I don't know the consequences of reincarnating a dwarf. But in doing all that, I realized how much I really love her, and am no longer annoyed by the stresses I have to endure to play her. And every single person who came helped in that. I didn't see anyone who didn't do an EXCELLENT job roleplaying. Even if I appeared really pissed at you in game, please know that I was silently applauding your reactions to my unpredictability. Especially these people: Ka (whom I never knew COULD actually roleplay, let alone well), Ug, Kidwynn (hunny, sometimes I really hate your character, but she's great), Sethreal (ga'vin, birdboy, human), Donovan (tolerance, my friend. tolerance.), Grok (the loudest mouthed shaman ever!), Curufin (we won't go there), Incarius (you settled me down more than once), and Corbyn. But the special awards of the night go to two people. Kabre and Drake/Vir. All three of us know why. But you two (three) were definitely those who had the largest impact on my weekend in more ways than one. I applaud Todd for putting up with us so well. Ah yes. The GM's. You guys are awesome. But Todd really takes the cake. (sorry Pinky, you struck out.) And Mike, for being the worst king EVER. Haha.

So thank you, everyone, for this weekend. I look forward to many more crazy happenings in the future.

SKATE OR DIE

Fo' really really really real??

BULLSHIT!!
Let me be the one you need, I shall be the one you feed. All I am and all you see, is all I will and ever be.

Onyksi del Rin'oviryn
"Nuk"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Onyksi Rin'oviryn wrote:This was seriously the best event yet. Ka and I bore 2 wonderful love-children...
Yeah, told you I was quick. :D
Onyksi Rin'oviryn wrote:Ka (whom I never knew COULD actually roleplay, let alone well)
wtf?!? I will never admit to having roleplayed! :D
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Kidwynn (hunny, sometimes I really hate your character, but she's great
Mutual feeling there sweetie. Got to admit though after Nuke, Ming, and Kidwynn distractionary tactic...well....hey Nuke rocks.

Thanks for the little brother btw... :D
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Sara Gordon
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

sill waiting for ryan's love children

Post by Sara Gordon »

i took several smacks to the face via evan
my left shin is bruised to all hell
my throat *did* actually bruise ((watch and see if i ever buy YOU starburst again.))

thanks to eric who covered me up when he realized i didn't have a blanket. i still owe you that "love you long time" promise i made...

i know i ditched early,
but i had so much fun, you guys.
fo' really reaaaaaaaaaaaal.
I don't need this signature.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

A Blast

Post by Nelkie »

I had great fun, and loved being more orginized than the NPC's :twisted:

The explosion that killed me was unexpected, but I was planning my next character as I layed there dead. I was even considereing NPCing and helping then get orginized. :D It was assome how the entire town came together to fight the King. Great roleplaying everyone. My voice is horse from yelling battle orders all weekend.

I wish I was there for the taking back of the town, but the potion that brought me back left me weak as a kitten for many hours.

As for people disagreeing and having striff betweeen groups is what this game is all about. How boring would this game be if everyone agreed to everything? So keep up the great roleplaying, and when everything is said and done, we all are still friends once game is off.

My hat is tipped to Ug and his roleplaying after the explosion killed most of the town. He sat there wimmpering and in shock. He was incapable of action and gave me a chance to do some great roleplaying. Thanks Brad. 8)

So keep up the good work, and NPC's let me know what I can do to help you guys out. My orginizational abilities are there for you to use.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

My best event so far...Enough said.Except I am no longer Ga'Vin.
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I think the players rocked this event. Even after the explosion and most lied there dead the PC's wanted to get themmselves out of the mess.

Hats off

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them