30 Days

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

30 Days

Post by Esmerelda »

In the common room of the inn, a determined young woman sits among piles of papers and journals. A map lays on the table in front of her. Places on it include a Fishing Village and a keep. She marks symbols on the map and then refers to a list with names and numbers on it. "Where to best put Rodericks men?" she mutters under her breath.

Often she will pause and look up to study the inn. It's as if she is trying to burn the picture in her mind lest she ever froget it. Whenever her brother enteres the room, a smile comes to her lips.

30 days until the elves would turn back time. One shot to devise a plan. She'd better make sure it was a damn good one.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi enters the Inn and walks towards Esmerelda

"Esmerelda, may I speak with you in private for a moment?"
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Of course. Just a moment."

She looks around the room to see who she can ask to watch over her papers.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Fionna enters the inn. She seems to be covered in debris from the woods. She has a satchel full of leaves, berries, and other potion ingredients. This is one of many trips the young lady has spent outside in recent days.

"I need more paprikat, should be able to find more next time. I also need some gunweed, but I know where there is a nice field...."She trails off mumbling to herself.

She sees her friend sitting with all of the paperwork, knowing what is coming she sends a smile to her. She heads over to the elaborate alchemy lab the young ladies have set up and begins unloading her bag. When Malachi asks to speak with Esmerelda, she looks to her friend and says

"Es, I need a rest anyway. I'll keep an eye on your papers." She takes a seat near the work and takes a drink from the flask on her belt.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan, who was sitting at a nearby table, sees Esmerelda looking around the room and stands up.*

"Go ahead, Essy. I need some time with this map anyway."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*As he and Fionna nearly speak over each other, Korrigan gives her a smile.*

"Looks like we're both on watch, Fionna."

*Pulling up a chair opposite Fionna, Korrigan sits and begins looking over the map.*
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Comes down the stairs looking for people, Aurora heads into the kitchen and grabs two glasses and fills them with cider. She then sets a glass before Fiona and Korrigan.*

*She looks at Fiona with a smile*

Next time you head out there grab me and I'll go with you. Perhaps we can carry even more supplies back and if we need to I'm willing to put some of the barries and herbs in my helm.

If you see either Darkwell brother let them know I'm outside. Both expressed an interest in some training that I can provide them and I want to start it like now.

Wouldn't hurt if I can get at least one of them close to what I can do with a certain skill set I have.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

*She smiles at Aurora*

"Thank you for the cider and the offer of help. I will let you know the next time I head out. Some of the herbs I will need are a little off the beaten path, it would be great to have some company. Too bad we lost the House, Rhul had begun cultivating some of the more common herbs so they were more easily accessed.

I haven't seen the brothers recently, but I will let them know you are looking for them. The more trained fighters we have the better off we will be."

*She looks to Korrigan*
"If you are going to stay here, I have more work to do."

*She heads off to her alchemy lab and unloads her bag. She organizes her materials and focuses on her recipe book.*
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks a Korrigan*

Well if you don't mind, I'm heading outside to practice and maybe just do a quick sweep of the area close to the Inn.

Right now...just want to do my morning workout.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan nods to Fionna.*

"Yeah, I've got to match what I saw in Haven with what is on these maps, so I'm going to be here for a while. I'll keep an eye on things."

*Turns to Aurora*

"Thanks for the drink, Aurora. I'll send the boys out to find you if I see them."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She smiles*

Thank you Korrigan. Actually if you hear word that anyone shows an interest in learning about the art of witch-hunting send them my way. I can conduct one super intense training exercises and I can get them ready in time....trust me.

I'm going to work on my rock tossing a bit outside too.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda returns to the table. Gesturing to the map, she points to the marks she had been making and addresses Korrigan.

"These represent all the gates that we know of. I'm still waiting on some numbers, but I'm trying decide how to best arrange our allies to take and hold or disable these."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi leaves the Inn, not looking at the map or anything else on the table
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum walked out of the back of the Inn, obviously tired from lack of sleep and strided over to Es and planted a kiss on her forehead and went right into business.*

Has the military been set to guard that elven gate? We need to leave soon to secure the help of the rest that were brought up.

*Atrum spread his cloth map out that had been a part of many a plan for Haven and added locations of the known elven gates.*

Have these been checked against the list? Is there an indication as to whether they are the normal temporary gates or the fragile temporary gates?

I'll need an empath and a healer and I plan on asking Kels and Gabriel to accompany me. I trust them, they know the peoples we're going to see and I know there won't be any... lapses with those 2. We'll need to leave as quickly as possible so as not to hold up our departure.

*Looks* around the room for Kels and Gabriel.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Stops and turns around looking at Atrum*

Define healer? A full fledged one or one that can do in a pinch?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman