The Return

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

I appologize, I did speak out of turn, but you also should tell us what information is and isnt of a sensitive nature, I was only stating, that If that was indeed the resistance...we have a LOT of work to do...I have no issues helping with a rag-tag group that has hope, but even Im not sure if those 3 are the caliber we have to work with....

But as I said, Im not used to beating around the bush anymore, and I promise I wont divulge information anymore...if the damage hasnt already been done
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Obviously trying to keep his cool, Brey walks up to Atrum with something like a smile on his face.

Atrum we're the ones who braved the adventure into Haven last time, and how we were able to bring back information was by asking questions. Those people we just saw are the same people we're trying to save. You say when we get there you're going to split ways. To be honest I don't really care what you're going to be doing when we get there, but what I'd appreciate is if you left what we're doing to us. I guess that's the nicest way I could put it. That's all I had to say.

Brey looks over to Zeira

Do you agree with that Zeira? Or am I being out of line?
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri steps into the middle of the group...

To Brey: "First off, Brey, if you have an opinion, voice it, and stick to it. Don't look to anyone else to validate it. It's your opinion. It's NEVER out of line to speak your mind."

To Serith: "You're... (pausing for the right words to say)... just fine. No harm"

To Zeria: "Even friends can be turned, especially where the elves are concerned. Atrum has some good points about being too open about who we are and what we are doing here, but...

Turns to Atrum: "... Zeria also has some good points about being overly paranoid. If we trust no one, even a little, including each other, we are all lost already."

To the group: "We really need to chalk this one up as a learning lesson about each other, how each of us views and deals with things, and move on with what we are trying to do"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan lets Mohdri finish, then speaks quickly in a cool, level tone.*

“Let’s get a few things straight here, kids. I don’t give a red rat’s ass who those people were or where they came from. I hope they’re a bunch of folks lucky enough to get away from those point-eared treehumpers, but I don’t know that for sure and neither do you. We don’t know what that magic mark does or doesn’t do, and we don’t know if their story is on the level. We know exactly jack shit about who they are and why they were out here aside from what they told us.

What we do know is that those people now know that a group of armed men came through here asking questions. Serith’s comments suggested that we’re on the side of the resistance, so they know which side we’re on. Zeira’s comments told them what this group knows about life and death and suggested we might have valuable intelligence about this betrayer and hero. When Brey asked about Alistair he revealed that we know him and that we’re looking for him, which is more than enough to get him killed. We also pointed them back at our home base and told them that a woman named Esmerelda could help them when they get there."

*Korrigan shakes his head and continues.*

"If…IF they are spies, or IF that magic brand allows the elves to scry in on what they see, we’ve given them a crap ton of critical information. What’s worse, and here’s the real bitch… even IF they’re on the level we’ve got no guarantees they aren’t going to get re-captured on their way to Caledonia. The elves could pull that info out of them in a heartbeat, and just having it would be a death sentence for all three of them. You all didn’t need to share that info to trust them, and by doing so you may have endangered them even further. We must avoid needless risks if we’re going to succeed."

*Walking over to Brey, Korrigan speaks more casually.*

"Brey, I like you, so consider this a freebie. I know you’ve given a lot to help the people of Haven, but that man *points at Atrum* led those people and watched most of his friends die trying to save them. I can see you’re steamed and you feel like he just chewed you out for no good reason. You’re wrong. You guys screwed up, and if I was still the man I was a few years ago all three of those villagers would be dead right now because you three couldn’t keep your traps shut. I don’t know if you’re trying to come off like you know how to do this better than Atrum, but that’s the way it’s coming across. If I’d given as much as he has for a cause and then had someone be as dismissive to me as you just were to him, I’d take it very, very personally. Opinion or no, you may want to reconsider your words."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira looks around the group

"Well what's done is done and Mohdri is right, we should consider it a learning experience and hope that it doesn't bite us later on. Now that we have all had a chance to say our piece let's figure out what we want to do when we get to Haven first."

"First we'll go talk to Alistair. He will be able to fill us in on what's going on around town. One or two of us can go make contact and we will arange a meeting where we can all meet and discuss what we need to do next."
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"Nice speech."

"Mortimer, please move us on"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Look, obviously it was a learning experience, my concern is that most of you don't grasp the gravity of the situation. The elves have ancient magics on their side. If I were being paranoid those 3 would be feeding the insects right now instead of heading towards Caledonia. Careless tongues can cost more than anything else. The reason Corbyn succeeded is because he kept sensitive information close to the vest, and information like the fact that there is a resistance and who their leader is a fool should figure out is sensitive information. I can tell you if I found an elven spy amongst Havens ranks they'd be dead within moments of that knowledge, the elves would probably do it faster. Mohdri, Korrigan and I know the cold calculated cruelty the elves are capable of. Be mindful of that, I have been in Haven a few times, and I looked just like one of the many elves walking the street. You bet your ass if I can do it, they can too. You say you needed to know whether Alistair was still alive even though it won't matter until we reach Haven, you could have sealed his fate with your clumsiness. Own up to your actions and think before you act, that's all I'm telling you to do. THAT was the lesson I was trying to get across, take umbrage and poke your chest out if you want, but those are the facts.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey addresses the group

I guess I could take those people back to Caledonia, and keep an eye on them until you guys get back. That way, if in fact they are up to something I can keep a close eye on them, and if necessary get rid of them in the event your worries are confirmed.

Brey glances around the group

How does that sound to everyone? I'd hate to leave you guys without another sword, and set of eyes, but if it would help to put your worries at ease I would be more than happy to take care of it.
-Port City Didact saying
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"I don't have a problem with that Brey. That way we can stop worrying about if they are going to make it back or if they are spies or whatever. Just be careful."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

As long as they stay out of the way of any strangers they should be ok, and I'm not worried that they are spies or I would have asked someone to trail them for a bit and catch back up with us. You might be needed in Haven, it's up to you but I think you'll be more help here.

Let's get going.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey shrugs

Well if your not worried about it then I'm not worried about it. I'm ready to go when you are.
-Port City Didact saying
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Mortimer sighs. "I'm starting to miss the pissy one from the last trip," he says under his breath, though loud enough to be heard. He immediately sets off at as quick a pace as ever, if not a little faster. The difference between this time and prior is that he makes more cuts, more changes in directions, as if he is making extra effort to not run into any more people.

And so it goes, uneventfully, all the way to the outskirts of Haven.

(OOG: thought I'd actually give you time in Haven this time around :lol: )
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey opens up his backpack and pulls out a wooden box. Inside are various wigs, fake noses, hair dyes, and makeup.

"Can't go in looking like we did last time or they will recognize us. You want me to help you with your makeup Zeira?"

Brey gives Zeira a quick wink and pulls out something else from his bag.

"We're going all out this time my friend. I picked these up from an old buddy and have been waiting for a chance to use them!"

In Brey's hands everyone can see two dresses. He gives Zeira a quick smile and puts on one of the wigs.
-Port City Didact saying
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira stares at Brey in disbelief

"Are you serious? ARE YOU CRAZY!?! I'm not going in there dressed like a woman. I'd rather let the elves catch me! Why do you even have that stuff?"
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey shrugs his shoulders

"Just in case. You never know what you might need when you have to take on the elves."

Brey tosses Zeira one of the wigs and a dress

"Get in the dress and I'll do your makeup in a second. It's going to take forever to make you look like a woman but we'll find a way to make it work"
-Port City Didact saying