July event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

First of all SWEET FIRST EVENT, I really liked that it was go, go, go, I was told that it isn't always how it was but it was still great, I give major RP kudos to Mike when he play ED and Karen when she was playing a ghost and breathing down the back of my neck..... creepy..... note to self never make a deal with Todd when he is the NPC you tend to lose all of your worldly possessions, my fist major adventure CAVE OF THE DEAD holy crap the trip there hurt more then being inside. I'm an elf no one tried to kill me ha ha. I really liked this site mainly because of the flushies and the showers, SCREW HILLS AND STAIRS enough said. Think Telaporting is fun. Thank you to all of the GM's, NPC's and those funny people in between the two, you Guys were Awesome.
ImageImageImage
noshii
New in Town
New in Town

YEAH

Post by noshii »

Thank you all, GM's NPC's i know it is work to make all this happen, i appreciate it so much.

Thank you all PC's that made the atmosphere so real!

and one more thank you to all of you who commented on my make up, i would never have enough time to express my amzment to all of the awesome faces and costumes i saw.

This being my very first FINAL HAVEN event, i have to say it was way better then i could have imagined.

-Meeting all the people i've heard so much about for years from mom(Shea) was sweet. plus the ones i've already met from carps.

-Characters were just the coolest to watch and interact with.

-I loved how many npc's there were, i think that's what made it the most fun.
-EVERYONE WAS NICE for once, i didn't feel tiny, but coming in with extreme knowledge of the game from playing it outside of FH for so long helped. *thank you Ark, Chelly, and Vox for GMing Spring Haven, and Shea, for organizing it. Can't wait to bring in te rest of our guild.

-the cave of the dead was awesome, especially with the hardcore fighting before we even got there and then the first levels just being ghosts, made it super dramatic. The dead people coming back, and the sacrifices of those who were gracious. That plot was the best.

-Being in the dream world, definatly spinned everything, plus we were disoriented anyway from being in a different location.....i'd never been to any site so it didn't matter as much to me. I loved the twist of skills, "magic sleep, awaken" It was cool having different effects for common skills.

overal i loved it, see you next event!
Last edited by noshii on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

The bad:
I need new insoles for my boots, new knees and about 10 years back from Father Time.

The Ugly: my feet on Sunday.

The good: All the rest
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

It has been an incredibly enjoyable experience to watch this game develop over the years, and as I watched people checking in I was struck by the huge number of new faces. For me it doesn't seem that long ago that Karen and I misscheduled a trip and I ended up at my first Final Haven event instead of going to the Holly ren faire. In September it will have been six years since that lucky mistake, and as our numbers grow I am increasingly grateful for the serendipity that brought me to this game. I bid a warm welcome to our new blood and offer a single piece of advice: things may seem new and quite possibly overwhelming now, but before you know it you'll be where I am - watching another generation of players find their way and wondering how so much time has passed.

I didn't follow many of the plots that happened this event, but the GM staff incorporated elements from Korrigan's backstory into a series of events that dominated both his time and my mind all weekend long. Only a few other PC's were privy to those elements, and fewer still knew enough to understand their significance, but they resulted in some of the most intense, introspective roleplaying I have enjoyed to date. The weight and complexity of these events could easily be translated into another medium and would measure up against the stories told in print or on film. The story was made all the more powerful by the depth of the themes involved and the pure human drama conveyed by PC's and NPC's alike. Someday I hope to be able to give all of you the details, but for the moment I'll just offer my thanks to those who were involved. Well done, one and all.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Frankly, I was bored for a good portion of the event. I think I blame 80% of that on two things -

1) The character I play.

2) Not getting in my background story.

I loved Jared as Yazel. I loved the packet fight near NPC camp - something about that tickled me.

I thought the concept of the Cave of Death was great. Having different floors or levels of a cave is something I'd never seen before. Neat!

I do think we had too many players to cram them all into the pavilion. I hated going in and stand/sit there for X time then go out then stand/sit there OOG for some time to go back in and stand/sit there for some time then come out to stand/sit there for some time OOG, etc.. FOR HOURS! *sigh* This made the cave that seemed to have had a lot of time spent by the NPCs plot wise, rather unenjoyable for me. I DID like the idea of the sacrifices needed to get out though. Ouch.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Awesome event. It's been a long time since I have stayed up until 5am. It was nice to be involved in so many plots. The suitors coming to me just as I become indecent for bed friday was great.

I think the role playing this event was some of the best I have ever witnessed or been a part of. Great job everyone.

Awesome work GM/NPC staff. There were so many plots regarding individuals characters histories!! The twists on certain skills was awesome, I don't think I have ever put out more damage as a healer.

Kudos to all of the new players!!! You guys are great, hope to see you all again.
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: YEAH

Post by CharlesK »

noshii wrote: i'm sure that made healers feel super useful
Well, as a healer I always feel useful. Unfortunately, I didn't have a fist physical representation to channel that 3 vorpal awakening through. Oh well, let them sleep; I'm sure they could use a nice little nap!
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

A little something I forgot to mention before... TO HELL WITH CHICKENS AND EGGS!
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I had a blast as well. I'm with the group that seriously thinks that the camp is so damn nice looking it was worth the drive. It's just too bad most of the trails past the PC camp and bridge weren't used......I took a walk to the James West cabin to talk to Temple on Sunday morning and the scenery was amazing.

In fact, the trails are good enough that during a plot run by Robin out that way early Sat morning, the entire group got lost for a minute or two trying to get back to PC camp! It was one of the most memorable things at the entire event.

I also liked playing Rhul a different way this event. Instead of being everybody's favorite thug and smashing things, I think I possibly took more damage than most of the PC base during the weekend just keeping everyone safe. I have a pretty huge soak, and was constantly regenerating after defending nearly to the death in the splits over a fallen comrade or healer, in the Cave of the Dead or in the field. It made me feel much more like I was finally playing Rhul-- using what might be a cruel joke by the cataclysm, (being a huge, tough beastman) and turning it around to preserve life.

I also loved the resolution of the scene with Orien, Kels, Rhul, and the captured Elf on Saturday. I'd love to see the results of that later (hopefully in a positive way.)

Also, teaming up with the "Elementals" that were our comrades with only hand signals to communicate was awesome. I love how everyone kept the scene in-game on both sides, when bad roleplay could have easily hurt a huge chunkl of the player base through friendly fire. Congratulations to all.

I only have one thing to be sorry for, other than some small gameplay gripes: I'm terribly sorry for anyone who was behind Rhul (like Kami) whenever we were in line somewhere for a long time, and having Scrounger (his new familiar) stare back unblinkingly and creepily at you from his perch around Rhul's sword.

*Shrugs* He does that.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I'm going to agree with everybody else on the fact that it was a well run event. There was plenty for everyone to do, including the new players. You did not have to be around forever to be involved in the plots or get in on some action. There were many rewards to be had, more than at any other Final Haven event that I can remember. I'm pretty sure that every player that turned in a background had something specifically written into the plot for them. The GM's really worked hard and what we got was one of the best events ever.

Now for the characters that truely stuck out to me...

Calhoun - Your just always the best person to roleplay with. You never break character and that makes me want to step it up with my roleplaying.

Delayne - Another great person to roleplay with! I like how complex yet simple your character is. Your story is truly an epic tale begining to unfold and I'm glad that you are letting me be a part of it

Orien - Orien is awesome in her nativity. Always trying to help others no matter what. And always there to lend an ear to anyone feeling down.

Braiden, Ulfgar, and Val - You guy's are what dwarves are supposed to be like. Ulfgar and Val are the angry, screaming, drunken dwarves and braiden is the responsible, wise, and stoic dwarf.

Altearez - You were new but never afraid to speak up with good ideas and never scared to take the fight to the bad guys. Your truely the new guy to watch around town.

One of the best parts of the events watching the players stories unfold. This event may have just taken the entire game onto a whole new level. The Gm's have set the bar very high for themselves in the future but I don't think they will have too much trouble if things keep going in this direction.
Karen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Karen »

I'm actually making an appearance on the forums to tell you all how wonderful you are, and how proud I am to be a part of this game.

Your feedback makes me realize that the event exceeded even my high hopes. I want to thank our guest NPCs for volunteering, add my appreciation for our beautiful site, and say how glad I am to have such a great group of players. My congratulations to you all.

To everyone who thanked us, in person or on the boards, I truly appreciate the reminder of why I love doing this.

See you all next event,

Karen.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Braiden, Ulfgar, and Val - You guy's are what dwarves are supposed to be like. Ulfgar and Val are the angry, screaming, drunken dwarves and braiden is the responsible, wise, and stoic dwarf.
Responsible... wise... and stoic... I guess someone missed a certain dwarf without a single combat skill trying to pick a fight with a squad of elite elves to try and rescue captain banish-us-a-lot, and who's the dwarf with the 80 pound keg he carts around everywhere? Lol

And to think I was your alivabilabuddy... ::shakes head::
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

I'm pretty sure the dwarf with the keg was the responsible, wise, and stoic one, Braiden. I mean, what could be more wise and responsible than carrying around an 80 pound keg, right?
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Matt Dont be jealous....and its not my fault it took a while for me to try and use banish in a teleportation role...it just took a lot of trial....and trial....and then some error...

but i do like the name Captain Banish-us-alot

(c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Okay… after sleeping for two days and happily running over everything in my head, it’s time for some feedback. And this time, it’s almost all good!

1. Bill’s NPC on Friday. That was some amazing role playing and I had some serious fun with it. I’ll be continuing that plot, even though I was really sad that it never came back in, which I had been very much looking forward to.
2. Serith - Holy Role playing Batman! Brett, as always, this was another amazing role playing event for you and me. That stuff late Friday was so intense, I was literally in tears and it was awesome! I always look forward to our dynamic, and can’t wait for next event!
3. Noble – Me and my big mouth! Never expected that he’d go off and try to KILL Abadon! It was crazy cool, though, and made for a seriously tense role playing scene, as well as showed where people stand. Methinks the little healer will think before she tells you anything in the future, lest you try to kill someone else!
4. Zera - It was fun to play a character who wasn’t mad at you all the time. We had some really fun scenes, and I loved hearing your story. Level five dance party FTW!
5. The stand-off with the town over the elf we captured – I wasn’t sure that was going to end peacefully. I always love that kind of tense moral dynamic in town. It’s great role playing.
6. Erica in the cave. You know why. *dies laughing*
7. Best line all event: Orien and Gabrial are having their tearfull reunion and then Kels sighs in irritation. “Fuck. I’m going to be the third wheel for eternity.” Classic, man. Classic.
8. WE GOT GABRIAL BACK!!!
9. Love the fact that the group of us remained ‘dead’ for so long together. Made for some great role playing. Abadon – we’re all good… and for Orien, that’s SUCH a relief. She doesn’t like not liking people. ^_~
10. Charlesk – LOVED the talks we had, and the fun it will be to have you as an apprentice. It’s a long road, but I know you can do it. Orien will be visiting Avangard to help you continue on your path.
11. Kels – I love you man. Nuff said.
12. The Egg! Yay for random cool plot stuff on the fly. Can’t wait to see how all of that plays out!
13. Atrum looking at Orien to get them out of the Dreaming… an her having NO idea how to manage that one! ‘Damnit, Jim… I’m a doctor not a sage!’ *lol*

The Bad:

1. Bugs
2. The drive. (yuck) Though, the site was amazing.
3. The NPC cluster**** while we were on our way to the Cave of the Dead. I know you had so many folks it gets chaotic… but that was out of hand.
4. Boob shots. OUCH. Those puppies are sensitive, fellas.
a) Nut shots on Jared! I need those in tact if I wanna have a family!
5. NO sleep… which I guess is also a good thing because I had so much to do I never got the chance to sleep.
6. OMG - you PCs have SO MUCH MENTAL TRAUMA. One of these days, Orien’s gonna snap just to put you all out of your damned misery! *lol*

All and all… a five star event.