Jim Butcher in A2 on April 13

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Jim Butcher in A2 on April 13

Post by Samantha »

Just read a blurb on the local radio station's "happenings" list that Jim Butcher will be at the Borders here in Ann Arbor on 13 April doing a signing of the new Dresden Files book, called "Turncoat."

Just thought I'd drop the news in case he doesn't make it to the west side of the State on his tour.

I'm not sure if I'm more excited about Jim Butcher or a new Dresden Files book.

Woohoo!

Sam
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I'm not sure if I'm more excited about Jim Butcher or a new Dresden Files book.
Both.....in equal parts.
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

I also checked out Jim Butcher's actual website and saw more dates. For those of you who might be more Chicago-oriented, there's going to be a big midnight release party with the author himself (and where more appropriate than Chi-town?) at the beginning of April. It sounds like it will be way cool so if you end up going, take pictures and share! I'm going to do my best to make it to the one here in Ann Arbor, but it will mean some crafty work scheduling. If you want to come and need a place to crash/meetup, let me know (beware if you're allergic to cats), as I live in excellent proximity to the store where he'll be.

Yes, equal parts of both. I've been very slowly going through the books lest I read them too quickly and run out of Dresden. I have to dole it out slowly, like in IV drip.

Cheers,
Sam
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I had the pleasure of listening to Jim Butcher at a conference in Colorado and he is a very entertaining to listen to, so I recommend it for anyone who has the chance. He summed up his Dresden Files character in three words: Dirty Harry...Potter.