In the fires of the darkness

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

In the fires of the darkness

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon slowly walks down the long corridor leading the to basement of the House of Chance. It is late at night, pushing the witching hour, and still voices of frivolity echo down even this deep in Ingram's stone building.

He leans on his staff, which glows with electric blue light, lighting the way for the old Valkyn'vi man. He comes to large set of double doors. The ancient sigils are carved on the outer skin. Ancient bindings, circles of protection, and wards. Those who can read the scrawling Valkyn'vi text can tell the sigils are crafted to keep things IN, not out.

Abaddon takes a key, a green jade key, and slides it into the lock ont he door. He pulls the doors open, and steps inside, closing the door behind him. There, in the room is a large circle, set into the floor. Silver and copper make up the circle with seven sapphires to reflex the magic. Inside, there is nothing. But the hair on Abaddon's neck stands up as he approaches the circle. The large black spider that represents the avatar of YAZEL crawls up and nuzzles his neck.

"ABADDON. WHY DO YOU COME." Says the voice. It rings in Abaddon head so loud a trickle of blood trips from his mask's nose.

"I COME SEEKING ANSWERS." Abaddon says, more in his mind, then in reality. A shower of sparks rage against the circle, as what it is pushes against the circle. The lights roar and a horrible sound rings.

"I WILL DESTROY YOU. YOU ARE MINE." it says, flailign against the wall of magic that seals it.

"I KNOW YOUR SECRET NAME. AND I INVOKE IT. TELL ME WHAT I DEMAND TO KNOW." Abaddon says. "I know the price. And I accept it."

Abaddon winces, as he can feel an rune, a mark, burning it's self onto his face, under his mask. Blood and smoke fill the room.

"ASK YOUR QUESTION MAGE."

"What happen to our bell." Abaddon asks.

"YOUR WORST FEARS ARE TRUE. ONE OF YOU ENTREATS WITH DARKNESS. THE WORST EVIL. THE HUNGRERING. GREED , AND MALICE. IT WAS THOSE WHO TOOK THE BELL. AND I SMELL THE FLOWER OF MAGIC, BUT SOMETHING NEVER SEEN BEFORE. SEEK OUT THOSE WHO ENTREAT WITH EVIL."

"Thank you. Your oath is paid." ABADDON SAYS.

"AND IS YOURS. SOON, YOUR SOUL IS MINE. YOUR VERY ESSENCE WILL BE MINE."

"Not before I complete my mission. I dreamed. I had a vision. My curse will end." Abaddon whispers as the light begins to fade.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi steps out of the shadows in the hallway and moves to the door. He pauses momentarily before entering, slowly. He looks down on the fallen Abaddon.

"What have you gotten yourself into, old man?"

He leans down and gently picks him and his staff up, turns, and brings him up out of the room, kicking the door shut behind him.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Thanks for the help, but I can take care of myself." Abaddon says, standing on his own accord. "You shouldn't be down here."

He reaches out and takes the staff, leaning very heavily upon it, but obviously trying not to LOOK like he was.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi smiles

"It seems to me that no one should be down here."

He glances back at the doorway, and returns his gaze to Abaddon

"I meant no offense, I just felt I should give you a hand."

He sighs

"I know I am new around here, and I know that means few people are willing to trust me. It's understandable, considering what has happened over the past year or so."

He extends his hand in friendship

"The only way this town, and these people, are going to get through this time of trouble is if we begin to trust each other again. I offer my hand in hope that it will be the first of many, and that those who quarrel amongst each other begin to understand that this is about more that bruised pride and wounded honor. I've observed you, and believe you to be a good man.

He locks eyes with Abaddon

"Prove me right."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*After they come up the stairs, the two of them catch the attention of a young red headed warrior. She gazes at the man with Abaddon carefully and then turns her attention fully on Abaddon.*

Abaddon, are you alright?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi lowers his hand.

"Think about what I said, then come see me."

He turns and walks away.
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Watches the stranger walk away and then turn to Abaddon to see if he needs anything.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

TO Aurora:
"I'm fine. Just old bones. "

The old man follows the stranger up the stairs to the floor of the house of chance proper.

"Bruised pride my friend indeed separates the town. I am interested in hearing what ideas you may have to remedy that. There will be ball soon, and we intend to have games were we partner a mix group.

But, Frivolity will only take us so far." Abaddon says leaning heavily on his cane.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Abaddon*

Ok, I just wanted to make certian that you are alright. I want to thank-you for all the assistance you have provided me with my current studies and providing Zyth and Winter with a place to stay.

Your and Mr. Ingram's generiosity has been most appreciated and I hope in the future I can repay your kindness.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

To Aurora:
"It is not our way to turn away those ineed. As far as winter...well, I must protect the PAinted folk, friend or foe."