Final Haven event July 08

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Esmerelda, awesome job being the diplomat on Saturday evening. It was fun being with the group waiting for you to get everyone from Cabin 4 to help us. I don't know if it was actually a hard job getting them on board, but it was a great moment seeing you with them in tow.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

First and foremost, I had a GREAT time. I highly enjoyed all the cool, cool An'Dar stuff. Monorails, guns, mechanical robots, computers....holy crap Gabrial was in heaven. I know that curiosity got the better of him in the get go so I had to pull it back, but when Modri said "let it go" I was dancing like a giddy little girl in my head.

Running around with my "crew" just like old times was awesome as well. I know that we piss people off, but man was it fun. The one thing I was told when I got there was that we had to go to the plots. So we went to the plots, figured out what we needed, went and got it, then finished the plot. I think we completed 4-5 plots ourselves. It's not that we didn't want others to come with us, and some did for many of them, it's just that we were pretty much invincible all by ourselves with those great An'Dar gifts we found.

So I will say sorry if you feel like we didn't include you or listened to how you wanted it to be done, but having JJ, Scott, and myself together is a rare thing now, so we took full advantage of it. And yes, we are assholes :P

There were many other cool reasons that I liked this event, to many to list even. I mean Good infected, Clean and Mean Machine 3000 (CAMM), Last Resort... I could go on and on.

Thanks to GM's for a fun time, Thanks for the PC for some great fun, and thanks to Joe for letting me plot to kill him over and over again :twisted:
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Although I admit I immensly enjoyed the Banana at game-break. It was very tasty.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Dan from what i saw that was awsome, it was so funny friday night when you and scott were fighting and jj came between you two with an ear of corn, only to ask for the butter and salt, AWSOME
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

I have but one thing to say:

Still kickin', better luck next time.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

yaknow, i tend to enjoy fighting against certain npc's more than others, like, it just makes sence to me that i can absolutely obliterate a run of the mill zombie with little to no personal risk, because my character has been training in the ways of combat and fighting and the zombie has not, and i love it when the npc that im fighting reflects that,

that being said, at this last event there were some excelent rp npc's and some not quite so good ones, on saturday night i was in the circle pairing off against a zombie, i had a two handed weapon and he had a one handed weapon, and i was soundly beating him with him making a zombies worth of effort to attack me, and i loved it, really inflated my ego and persona as a warrior character, then on the flipside, there were some npc's that i assume were playing zombies, but were jumping all over the place and machinegunning big damage, i heard at one time machinegun crushes, and that doesnt make anysense,

and while im on the topic of crushes, i understand the rp of winding up, but on friday night i took 2 baseball bat swings to the face with crush, i can understand that its suppose to be harder, but that just hurts, even when it just hits my arm or torso,

i guess what id like people to get out of this is that the way i see it most monsters are not trained in combat, and i love that lots of npc's reflect that, but there are some that dont and that just takes away from the heroic aspects of playing a pc.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

well sometimes RP in the middle of combat can get you killed, one of my humanoid guys got hit hard, so he stumbled and coughed and fell to his knees to catch his breath, while i did this Gabriel came up and beat the CRAP out of me, still fun though :D
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

I did the same thing to Matt as Gabriel did to you a few times.

:P
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

even so, when i take a crush i stumble a bit. ya dont have to fall to your knees, there are skills that force you to do that, like "press down" but it just make combat a numbers game when people dont rp the monsters they are supposed to represent.

and to be completely honest, if i wanted to play a numbers game id go play d+d. i larp because of the realism.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Okay maybe i need to clarify what i said (and theres no anger here) RP is great, thats what Larp is, now maybe i shouldnt do this as an NPC but if Dramatic RP (falling to the ground from a big hit, walking slow at low health) is going to get my character killed i wont, I did do some dramatic moves to avoid some flying magic but thats what im going to do, our humanoid cretures were attacking with a strong will to make you leave, now unless im told to act slow (witch i have done when told to, when they say im a weak zombie i walk slow, stumble, and drag my sword) im going to move as fast as my Phys rep can when allowed
Last edited by Ark on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

im not saying crumble under the might of my blows, because there are skills that character have to buy that make monsters do that, and dont walk slow when low on health, walk slow when you hit zero with determination, because that what the skill is for, but i am saying that i prefer it when people rp their attacks, im not sure iv ever seen a "spry zombie" as vaun put it on saturday night, and im fairly certain that a vampire is going to be pretty freeking fast.

my main point is that when i am told that what i see is a zombie, i change my fighting style to best suit that situation, and it kind of blows it when the zombie starts machinegunning, now if they said it was a ghoul rather than a zombie that was doing the machine gunning then i wouldnt mind because ghouls are significantly quicker.

im just saying when a monster starts attacking in a fashion that is IMHO "out of character" it kind of blows the fantasy aspect of the game for me.

i know i cant control the npc or how they fight, but it was asked to give the positive and negatives in this forum, and these are the things i thought could be improved on, and i completely understand your point of trying to make the game a challenge for the pc's, so no ill will my brother.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I know, i just know i was the spry zombie, and my jumping evade was awsome, shes just mad she cant throw (ha ha christan)

Also didnt relise you wern't just talking about that fight so i misunderstood, my bad :)
Last edited by Ark on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The nice thing is NPC's should always RP hits because it never matters if they die. Their reason for being is to entertain the masses.

Oh and that is a comment not a finger point I think you are all pretty awesome and I try and mimic your dedication.

I should say Doug hanging out as a physrep for an hour was worth some pretty big coodos.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

GM_Chris wrote: Their reason for being is to entertain the masses.
Chris hit it on the head there, and without sounding overly critical of any folks in particular (I mean it as a general observation only), I hope those who volunteer for staff duty (at any LARP) will keep this primarily in mind. It is of the up most importance and WILL make or break a game. The margin of error when NPCs are interacting with PCs in a combat situation is very low and one mis-step can easily make a player feel bitter and unhappy.
Garion
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Garion »

Just a quick reply.

I was one of the NPC's that played the zombies on Saturday. I specifically asked the GM's "how fast should we be moving if we're zombies?" and was told that we were bigger,badder zombies and that we move at "human" speed.

To me that means we move and fight as a human would.

Now I did try to act more like a zombie in certain aspects. I didn't run, or engage in strategy.

I understand it must be frustrating seeing a zombie and thinking they will fight and act a certain way. Unfortunately this wasn't the case in this situation. Things aren't always what they seem.