Looking for a job

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Looking for a job

Post by Iconus_Kraggish »

**Iconus walks into the inn and up to the bar.**
"Korrigan. I see youz security for dis place is lacking. Youz needs a tumper for when boyz need a minder theys in a proper stablishment."
**Presses his thumb into his broad, green chest."
"Iconush good at tumpin. I tumped 'eads at da Broke Pyxie Wing Tavern in Eldesta and a few udder barz along da way. Youz pay me I watchez da place whaddaya say boss man?"
**Puts his hand out to shake it**
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*From behind the bar, Korrigan raises an eyebrow and looks Iconus over.*

"Well, considering the amount of crazy stuff I've seen around here, I don't think Darkclaw will mind having some backup. You're hired!"

*Korrigan shakes Iconus's hand and pours drinks for both of them.*

"I'm not familiar with this Eldesta you speak of, it is somewhere near here?"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

**Iconus smiles broadly, his large tusks jutting almost menacingly and takes the offered drink**
"Many tanksh shur, youz not be dishpointed in meez."
**Takes a sip, raising his bushy brow in surprise**
"Honey Brandy? Meez favorite."
**Drinks the rest in one long swallow, smiling childishly.**
"Eldesta great land. Far away from ere. Big cities o youz humiez. Lotza big hard cloez wearin onez called Feenix. But in da mountainsh lotza we boyz too. We leave da Feenix typez alone dey leave da boyz alone."
**Leans forward as if telling a grave secret, but his voice still caries to the rest of the bar**
"Tell youz da truth, dem Feenix typez not bad sort. Whaddabout youz? Were youz come from?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan gives a lop-sided grin when Iconus asks him about his homeland*

"I'm from everywhere nowadays. Started out a long way from here and managed to visit every unremarkable place in between. I've got some roots in Caledonia, though. Decent enough folk around here, I suppose... provided they don't all tear each other apart."

*Korrigan finishes his glass and pours another round for both Iconus and himself.*

"I'll set you up with a bunk upstairs. You thinkin' about making this place home? If you are, I'll look into something more permanent."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

A curly head pokes out from the kitchen. Seeing the newcomer, Esmerelda emerges, wiping her flour covered hands on her skirt.

"Did you hire someone else, Korrigan? I just want to make sure I'm keeping your staff well fed..."

Turning to the newcomer, she smiles warmly. "Welcome to Far Reach. I'm Esmerelda. If there is anything you require, please let me know."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

**Nods solemnly to korrigan's question**
"Meez likez dis place. Meez stay."
**Smiles broadly at Esmerelda's offer**
"Meez take any scrapz you be offerin milady. Iconish not one o' dem picky boyz."
**Takes his newly filled glass, this time sipping it, and watching the rest of the people in the bar with an experianced eye. Imposing, but not menacing. When one of the tables erupts in shouting that might be the beginnings of a fight he wanders by it, cracking the knuckles on his huge, hairy, green fists and the table quickly settles down. He then walks back up to Korrigan and Esmerelda**
"Shorry bout dat. Best ta nip dat shorta ting in da bud."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda smiles at Iconus. "Well, I certainly wouldn't call what I produce in the Kitchen scraps. In fact, as being part of Korrigan's staff, I always make sure I save the best for them. After all, you are the ones keeping the peace and guaranteing the safety of us all here. And since Korrigan is nice enough to let me use his kitchen, I repay him by keeping him and the staff well fed. So if there's anything that's your favorite, please let me know. I'm teaching Aurora how to make cookies, so usually there are a fair share to be had on hand. But be warned, they go quickly when they're fresh out of the oven! And if you're partial to it, we have begun making bacon cake in the mornings..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan chuckles when Esmerelda talks about the kitchen.*

"I'll tell you what, Iconus. Being kind enough to "let" her use my kitchen was the smartest damn thing I've ever done. She keeps cooking like that and the next time ol' Galen comes around I'll be king of Caledonia!"
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

**Barks out a laugh**
"Aye, Meez betz it waz. I had a bit o' youz bacon cake lazt moon, and meez seez why people alwayz trying to attack thiz town. Everyone want a slice!"