Outside the keep

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Outside the keep

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon walked through the shadows towards the group if tents near the keep. The weather , like always is cold, wet and frozen.

He could make out a single firelight. That of the Tent Ren was staying in. Abaddon approached the heavy leather structure.

He thought about what Ren had done, so long ago on that fateful night. He murdered her. And got away with. Ren got away with everything. That was his way.

"Ren Lightfoot. You and I have business to discuss."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**There is no response from inside for a moment, then a shuffling sound, followed by a thump and shuffling. After about a minute Ren responds**
"I was wondering when you'd come to me."
**The flap of the tent is pushed back, the inside is spacious, and well lit, a small, wooden table dead center, with two ornately gilded wooden chairs. On the table there are two bottles, one that's apparently a dark, red wine, the other a black, viscous liquid, a Valkyn'Vi favorite. Ren sits down and motions to the other chair.**
"Please, I have prepared everything. I know how much you used to like my vintage of Dark Elven Black Lemonade."
**Pours a goblet of the black liquid and sets it in front of the empty chair, and another for himself.**
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon looks at the liquid with disdain. He looks around the tent.

"I've lost my taste for anything that reminds me of you Ren. I don't know what you did to get these humans to trust you, but I know better. Your a murderer, and a liar."
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**smiles**
"And a thief, brother, don't forget I am a thief."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Ohh Yes I would not want to forget that detail." Abaddon says, his hands at his sides. "You've conviced these havenites that your some kind of hero. But one good deed does not negate what you've done. Devayne'ana'orn will never come back. You killed her, and then tried to claim it was some kind of self defense. Well, I'm not about to let anyone here be endangered. I will take the steps necessary to stop you. You wont get away with it this time."
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**Ren's shoulders slump as if he were carrying an enormous weight, and only just now gave in to it.**
"I have done many terrible things in my life. Many horrendous things that I regret every waking moment. Devayne's death has haunted me. I don't know why she attacked me that night."
**stands up, taking his goblet with him, and looks out the flap of the tent**
"I would have done anything to protect her. I loved her as well you know. Hate me for that."
**Turns to Abaddon, draining the last of his goblet before throwing it out of the flap behind him**
"Kill me for that. Actually, here..."
**Pulls a large, wickedly cruved dagger from his belt.**
"Stab me now. Kill me where I stand."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Please. Your a liar. Why would I believe that she attacked you? She a creature of amazing grace, the perfect student, and you snuffed her out. Those time were harsh, but I protected you. And then you destroyed her." Abaddon says, spitting at the ground.

"We both know I can not kill you unless you attack me first. But I don't think you have the guts for that."
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**drops the dagger**
"I have the courage brother, but not the heart. You want to kill me for revenge under the veil of protecting the others. But you hesitate. Perhaps you lack sufficent motivation. I have something for you."
**Pulls a long, thin, wooden box from a sack in a corner of the tent and carefully hands it to him.**
"Inside is the arrow that pierced her throat. I have carried it these many years. Take it. Kill me with that if the dagger is not good enough."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon looks down at the arrow. The arrow Ren shot thorugh his student's throat.

"Your a Monster."
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**Nods solemnly**
"That I am. Before you kill me, please listen to how she died. Believe me or not, it is no matter."
**Motions to the table**
"After all that we've been through together, please listen for her, if not for me."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"you sully by her invoking her name. I have heard your lies before, I will not subject myself to them again." Abaddon snatches the arrow up and runs the point along his figures.

"I will get justice." he says, storming out of tent, kicking the table over on the way out.
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**Calmly sits down in the one not over-turned chair and looks out the now ripped tent flap**
"No brother, I'm sorry. You will not. I believe that that honor is someone else's entirely."