Lore...thoughts?

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Lore...thoughts?

Post by GM_Chris »

How was all the Lore people's oppinions on how we did lore?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

You mean sage hints and recall?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yes. I want to know how we handled those who have the recall ability, by handing out lore.
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I am not a sage, but I did go with a few, and I LOVED that the sages had to compare notes. It looked way more interactive than any NPC sage hint.

(I was anti-change before this event.)

But this is from a by-stander.
Travis Cole
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Being one of the few sages at the event, I LOVED it! It was very cool when people walked up to you and said "Do you know anything about..." and you could say , "Why, yes, I do!" And having to work with the other sages was fun too. When we were looking at the prophecy, it was cool when Hannah pulled out the info she'd gotten. I really liked the way it worked. It just kinda sucked that there weren't as many sages around this game to swap info with.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I wish you knew the stuff that Corbyn got. He happened to pick the stuff on Tree man and why he is invincible. :(

It was a great story. I may post it if we do not use it later.
Chris
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Yes, but that would have required sharing and as we all discovered, Corbyn does NOT play well with others! :D
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Esmerelda wrote:Yes, but that would have required sharing and as we all discovered, Corbyn does NOT play well with others! :D
What do you mean? I didn't see anything wrong with how he played with them. :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

I liked getting a scout hint at game-on, but mine wasn't really helpful, at all. The hint about the wandering candy mountain (what we started calling the lands that shifted around) saved our butts though, as our druid knew to get no movement restrictions.
GLOMP!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

yah, that was AWESOME
Travis Cole
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

I liked how Scout hints were handed out at this particular event, but I wouldn't say to do it again for more 'normal' events. It really made me worthless as a character, and bored as a player. I always used to go on fun scouting missions for the other players, but this event Durgan was never included on anything other than combat plots.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

My issue with it is that Corbyn couldn't control the flow of info as easily so it must be bad. :)

Or is that good?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I liked the new way for Sage info to be brought into game. FH is a team game, and I think this method, now that I have seen it in action, promotes that. I definitely think that it results in far fewer game pauses and trips to NPC camp. It also puts more responsibility on the hands of the PCs for solving things-which is at it should be for such a PC driven game.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

Sage info and that stuff is great with the new method, because it allows those characters to compare notes, which is very in-character, in my opinion. But like I said, half the fun of scouting is when someone comes up to me with a recently thought-of request for a scouting mission. It gives me something active to do. This whole last event, I had nothing like that to do, because that is part of how I previously roleplayed my character. I was as bored as a stone.

Heck, some of the other players at my last WH actually thought I should have been nominated for a hero point because I went on so many scouting missions so willingly. One of my missions actually gave the GM's a chance to add something that we heard out of game (aka loud fireworks we "in-game" thought was cannon fire) into my scouting report.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Good feedback. Love to hear from more scouts. It might be that we need to change how scout works. Well change it back
Chris