Rallying Call

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

* Feeling a little un easy Laura looks around her. She can see the tracks now heading south and what she thinks is blood. Not knowing how old it was she bends downs to touch it...As she does she feels something drip in her hair. She slowly runs her hand through her hair and bring it in front of her face. Her hand is red from blood. She gives a quiet cry and stumbles back a little. She looks up and she sees what she thinks is another Lizardman. But there was no head so it was hard for her to tell.As she stands there and trys to figure out what she should do she can hear something in the distance. But she can not make out what it is...She thinks that she might hear voice but it could also be just her imagination and her thinking that she heard voices in the wind. She wants to move ahead and see whatelse she can find but she also knows that she should tell the others. She heads back to the group and hopes that she will be able to come back and walk farther to figure out what she heard!
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

She was silent, still. Every sense, especially her intuitive ones, was trained upon their surroundings. She could, through her close bound with them, feel the movements of the members of the doppelganger tribe as they made their swift sweep of the area. These five were her students, young by her measure, but progressing with distinction. Their strong magical nature made them easy for her to sense, and so Vaun knew they had not yet come upon trouble.

The ghostly mystic sighed, a very human mannerism she had not remembered picking up from Atrum these last few years. Yet, there it was. She smiled wryly, and her strange amethyst eyes lighted upon Slisk. He held her attention for a long moment. Here was one very odd, for she had never seen his like. Still, having come from an island kingdom inhabited by her folk alone, most folk were odd to her, and she was still getting used to the idea of dealing with other races. She was more comfortable than she had been immediately following the Cataclysm, but by no means at ease. Still, he was probably more like her kindred than any others of the Haven that she had met thus far, and there was a certain measure of pleasure she took in that fact.

She took a few steps closer to him, still with that musing little half smile. “If thou woulds’t keep my care whilst I begin the casting of a spell, I shall prepare a nasty welcome for any who might make the mistake of thinking us… easy prey.” The glowing violet of her eyes said that she very much hoped they would make just such a mistake, for the battle that would result pleased her.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk nods sharply, "Yesss, Myssstic.", and assumes a guard stance - straining his senses in all directions.

But quickly those senses focus on Laura as she returns to the group, all too soon, blood upon her head and hands. His adrenalin spiked - the fight may be imminent!

"What have you found?!"
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

*Looking upon the group Laura focuses on Slisk.

"I found some tracks going to the south so I started to follow them as I got farther down the path I started to see blood. I bent down to see how fresh it was and I felt a dripping on my head and as you can see it was blood and then I looked up and I saw what i think was a lizardman hanging from a tree. The head was gone so I can not be 100% sure but that is what it looked like to me."

*Laura paused for a moment wondering if she should tell the rest but she was not sure what she had heard so she decided it was best for her to wait until she could go a little farther and get a better look.

"I thought that i would come back and let you know but i would like to scout a little farther ahead but if it would not be to much trouble i would like someone to come with me in case trouble lie ahead."
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*After learning Laura's report, Kidwynn looks over to Atrum.*

You want I should check that out?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum listens to Laura's scouting report and furrows his brow*

Lets move out, Vaun let the dopplegangers know we are moving, south if you can.

Teela, Shea and Eilonwy in the middle, Laura and Kidwynn scout ahead, DO NOT engage whatever you find, see what we are dealing with and the lay of the land and report back. Vaun to the right flank, I'll take the left, Slissk on rear gaurd. Kidwynn make sure you're looking out for signs of traps, mark the path you are taking along the trees, I'll pick up the fresh cuts and Slissk will pick up your tracks to make sure we are following.

*Turns to the lizardmen*
It might be best to stay with us for now, although it does seem that for now this area is secure. The choice will be left to you but I suggest that you go with us, we cannot protect you if you are not.

*Gives them a few seconds to make a decision*
Move Out, double time!
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Atrum and nods. She then proceeds ahead and follows the directions she is given*

Note: Using all my scouting stuff and spot
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

"Yesss, Regent."

Slisk keeps an eye to the rear as they move South.
Onyx Everhungry
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Onyx Everhungry »

*Just as the group starts to move out a few breaking branches can be heard and then a thud of something heavy hitting the ground quickly followed by a slight rustling of the brush that is obviously approaching at speed. Just as the group is readying for attack, Onyx bounds out of the woods moving fast occasionally using his front arms for balance and an extra push to leap over things, he skids to a stop at the front of the group and looks to Vaun over his shoulder.*

Onyx make way clear.
Food?
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To Onyx*
NO, fall to the back, gaurd the rear.

*Onyx spreads his wings*
Onyx...

*Atrum cuts him off*
Rear gaurd NOW! Slisk knows the plans he'll take point.

*Onyx snarls and narrows his eyes but complies quickly and slows and falls to the back while they are moving*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea thankfully nodding to Atrum as orders are given, stays to the middle of the group, and ready's a small bit of magic in her right hand. If the lizardmen accompany them she will keep them closer to the middle. Eyes and ears open. *
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

*Listining to Atrum Laura Nods in agreement. And heads out with Kidwynn to scout ahead! Keeping her eyes and ears open for anything that might be ahead....As they walk along tha path Laura Starts to leave Marks on the trees so that the others can follow.
~Henry David Thoreau~
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The lizardmen immediately pick up weapons and join the party, obviously determined to avenge what had happened here. As Shea insists that they stay near the middle, they do comply with the healer's wishes, but they stay on the outside of the group, protecting the flanks.

And then something big happens...

(but Mike is on vacation until this evening, will post more then)
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk smiled as he moved up front. Point! The honor of first contact with the enemy was likely his! Of course, back in that Ghoul cave in Winter Haven, that just meant getting most of his body charred to a crisp in the initial magical exchange. But being the first to fall also had it’s own prestige, as did taking the brunt of the damage dealt by the foe. But, if fortune smiled upon him, he’d be the first to BOTH inflict and receive pain.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The party travels forward, toward where Laura may or may not have heard voices. Within a quarter mile, everyone is hearing them, the sounds of battle cries. Closer still, and it becomes clear that Lizardmen are fighting...something.

The Lizardmen traveling with the party rush forth, breaking formation, despite Atrum yelling for everyone to stay together.

Closer still and it is evident that Ga'Vin are the ones attacking, one just then ferociously striking at his prey, who defends easily.

An arrow sails through the woods, striking Slisk in the chest. He smiles gleefully.

As the party approaches, the Ga'vin quickly note the new numbers and attempt to flee...