Rallying Call

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk turns sharply at the noticed movement, hoping it was an enemy to fight. He notes Atrum with both frustration and relief. His personal quest would likely once again have to wait, but at least now he could fulfill his own oath to Atrum.

“What isss to be our firssst dessstination, Regent?”
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

After the remaining lizardmen, trying to find them and convince them to return could take as long as the rest of the planned trip so it should be done first and then the rest can be figured out on the fly.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk smiled at Atrum's response. He had not expected this at all. His heart lifted with the news the lizardfolk would be sought first.

"The village isss easssy enough to find, and itsss inhabitantsss embarked sssouth from there. At that point the Ssscoutsss mussst take up the chassse."

He continued on toward the village with renewed vigor.
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

* Glad to see the two additinal people Laura Gives them a smile.

" It is good to see you both I will help in anyway that I can."
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The group traveled south from the Lizardman village, scouts leading the way. A great amount of time had passed since the Lizardmen had fled from the black ooze that had threatened to destroy them, and the scouts were worried that their trail had gone cold or that the evidence of their departure was in reality the remnants of other groups traveling these same trails since.

Slisk felt more than knew that the tribe would not travel far. It's hard to find a place that could be called home, and the lands of the area suited them, and had fit their needs. They would want to continue to benefit off the rich resources of the area.

As the sun began to slope downward and hope began to waver, as dark clouds began to settle overhead, promising a more difficult trip than previously hoped, a small, ruined settlement where a thin wisp of smoke still fluttered upward from one of the destroyed makeshift huts is discovered.

On the ground lay three bodies, all lizardfolk, all beaten down by swords and arrows, their blood pooling together, painting the ground a dark red that was promised by the first drops of rain to be washed away.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

(OOG: Thanks for adding me already. I was waiting to see what Atrum does)

*Kidwynn goes near the front to assist with the other scout tracking and well she figured she should take point in this. She moves slowly to search for tracks and will look ahead to see if she can spot anything out of the ordinary.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea goes to the bodies laying on the ground checks the status of each, seeing if there is anything that she can do for them, if she recognizes them from their last meeting.*
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

She bends over to check each body's wounds, trying to discern if anything can be done for them. She seems somewhat encouraged, enough to bend over and check for breaths, for any signs of life.

None apparent on the first body.

She approaches the second, again checking wounds, checking for breaths.

The second body, likewise appears dead.

She moves to the third body. The wounds seem more shallow, the bleeding less severe. She bends over again, checking for any sign of life, which she receives when the arm shoots out and grabs her by the neck, strangling her. She makes gurgling sounds and cluthces and the lizardman's arm to little avail, but thankfully, even before anyone can react, the lizardman focuses his vision, seems to realize his error, and lets go.

"What happened?" he asks, visibly shaken and clearly foggy.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

(OOC: Teela's trailing you guys. Work has been keeping Lleana busy so she wanted me to let you know she's coming. Guess Eilonwy will shadow her. If it's easier, we can catch up after a little bit when you've stopped. Whatever works.)
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

* Laura concetrating on what she saw around her heard the noise behind her. She turns and see's Shea with one of the lizardman that looks to still be alive. She walks back to them.

"Shea are you allright?"

*Taking a quick assesment herself of the wounds and seeing if the are fatal she turns to the Lizardman.

"My good sir we are not enemies we would like to help in any way that we can. If you can please tell what happened hear so that we can help."
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea a bit shaken looks for Slisk, then to Laura.*

Thank you Laura I am fine for now, but it looks as though this was a very recent attack...occuring less than an hour ago...

*Still sitting on her knees, a bit further away(...out of claws reach)smoothes her skirt, and looks back over to the injured Lizardman.*

Do you know who attacked you?

*Waiting for a response Shea continues to look for Slisk, and the others to come closer before she attempts to heal him fully.*
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Teela Rainbalm
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Teela Rainbalm »

Teela arrives at the village with Eilonwy folowing closely behind. "I am sorry to be late, but I did not want to leave Eilonwy in the state of dreaming this morning." She lifts her nose and scents the air, feathers agitatedly rising at the smell of blood. "What happened? Is there anything I can do to be of aid?"
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk had seen similar scenes the previous summer, when human barbarians of the Cougar Tribe had begun raiding the northernmost settlements. He flexed his claws at the memory of the following recipritory raids his detachment had taken part in.

But that wasn’t last year. He knew now it was more than 10 years ago. Still, the lizardfolk villagers had mentioned they had recently traded with the Cougar Chieftain.

“Muthar…:”

At the time, Slisk had thought he would no longer be able to carry out his grudge-battle against the Chieftain – the wars of old long since over. But with luck Muthar was involved in this. Perhaps he’d be able to draw the human’s blood again after all.

But now he brought his attention back to the matters at hand.

“Three doesss not account for the village, and the fight wasss recccent. The othersss are yet near – both villagersss and their foe. Our Ssscoutsss mussst find them.”

He turns to the recovering villager. “Who did thisss, and what ssstrength do they command?”
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun watched the scene before them with her usual indifferent coolness, though when Shea was accosted the Storm Elf’s hand glowed with crackling violet energy. Had any harm come to the woman, whom she recalled now with a fair amount of respect, she would have blasted the lizard man from this life. Now, however, she merely observed. After Slisk spoke, however, she turned to the two figures who flanked her, looking something akin to an honor guard, and spoke in a strange tongue no one else could understand. The pair gave her a synchronous nod and bow, and then vanished silently into the forest.

She gazed over at Slisk. “They go to collect the others, who will all five form a scouting pattern. Their like is unmatched for stealth and speed in the wood, so we should have word back from them soon.”

With that, the Mystic began a slow circuit of the area, seemingly lost to everything else about her. If there was something her Seer’s sense could divine, or her painful magic oversensitivity, she was determined to find it.
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

* Hearing what needed to be done Laura Trys t pick up the sent ans the tracks left by those that have flead the area.

"I will see what I can find."

*Laura heads in the oppisite direction of Vaun's "Friends" to scout the area.
~Henry David Thoreau~