The noise of building and industry in the woods...

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

The noise of building and industry in the woods...

Post by Grimm »

Beyond the Castle Gravesbane, near to the border of Haven in the woods between the town proper and the village, there is heard on this morning a great deal of industry. Saws and hammers, workers and instructions being shouted, and woven within the din, the sound of Orien singing just as happy as you please. For the last few days trades folk have been arriving and entering into the castle, so too have supplies been arriving. Village folk not otherwise at work have been hired with good and fair wage, and they too have assembled. Now, the reason for this seemed to be taking shape.

Men in Woodhold livery were hard at work cutting down a few trees and setting the foundation for what looked to be a fairly sizable building. Its stone foundation was nearly complete by noon, for there were many helping hands. Curious folk came by to be greeted by a beaming Orien, her own hands as dirty as those hard at work.

To their questions she answered with clear joy, “The gracious King Roderick has gifted me with men and materials to build a hospital to serve the folk here! The land, these few ten acres or so, are deeded to me that this might be a place of healing and peace. So, we work to have the main building up as soon as might be, for the needs of the village folk are many.”

She leads folk around to show them where the gardens will be, and the storehouse as well. There is to be a ward for the sick, one for the wounded, and another for the hurt of spirit. The elven healer explains that the hospital will be a place for any and everyone to come to find peace, to heal, or just find a moment of quiet. Her joy and pleasure are infectious.

“So much ill has been done to so many,” she says, “And here we hope to gather to see to the healing of those ills. Both for Haven, and for Woodhold. We are not adversaries, but kindred. This place shall be a beacon of Light toward that end, that we might gather in joy and peace, that we might serve one another as brothers and sisters. That is my hope, this is my dream.”